Reviews for A Slightly Drunk Matt's Guide
mxmsupporter chapter 1 . 2/23
This story. This masterpiece. It was so freaking WARM, their friendship so natural and... Just natural, they felt comfortable in each other's presence, each knew what the other wanted - like in the forfeiting scene. And you've killed me with Bulletproof Heart reference. So cool... Although I love angsty-sad-dramatic stories regarding Mello and Matt, this one was an amazing example that you actually can write something that sets in a warm pool at the bottom of your heart and not vomit from cliche-ness. Kickass job!
AngelRuby235 chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Good Lord! Inspite of Matt being a victim of the shortest screen time in the anime/manga, you managed to characterize him in such a remarkable manner! This was brilliant of you:-D & the way in which Mello is portrayed from Matt's POV served as the masterstroke for ds fic:-) Pretty vividly written emphasizing every speck of humor to the most minor details...truly AN INGENIUS CREATION:-D thank u so much.
Smokey Moonshine chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
I'm gonna go put unopened pop tarts in the oven.
Imanza chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
So I'm just going to pretend that Matt and Mello live through the whole Kira thing like they did in Red Skinny Jeans, because the thought of them having mere weeks of blissful post-UST couples time left seriously kills my heart. Beautifully and vividly written, as always.
barbiekitten chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Oh my god I'm melting.
You write the best Matt/Mello!
kees chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
your matt/mello stories are gorgeous. your writing is also impeccable!
LFreakin'Lawliet chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
A drunk Matt and Mello, and My Chemical Romance? Awesome combination. Love the song, which will now be stuck in my head for several hours, and love MxM.

Lawli out.
uhuhuhuhuhuhu chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
" All of the world's hierarchies are designed to channel human energies and filter them until they're harmless." That pretty much sums whatever the hell is wrong with the damn world. Thank you for expressing it so immaculately.

haha, an awkward coincidence- last december I watched some scenes of DN in starbucks with my best friend as we drank peppermint mocha XD
Hm, it was tall. As in

Okay, to sum up my fifteen thousand praises: This is amazing. You are amazing. Write things forever.
Kathrin J Pearl chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Drunk Matt is adorable, I love his description of Near, being so small compared to the world, at the begining of the story.
harlequindreaming chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Omg Matt's drunken thoughts are HILARIOUS. His personality is very spot-on; it's just like how I'd imagined him. And so is Mello. I love how you make them dance around each other at first, bitching like the "platonic" old married couple they are. And Candyland? Perfect.

I love the dry humor of the story, with just the right touches of slight angst to keep it from becoming completely crack. I love how the initial contact and the kiss just catch you off guard - it just makes it that much more thrilling. Your syntax and diction are masterful (and drunk Matt thinking in all those fancy words is so funny). Well done!
TheAzreal chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
I was struck by Matt's resemblance to some author's portrayal of Weiss Kruez's Schuldig in an immediately awesome way! I also loved the descriptions of Mello's scars as making him seem desperate- and the Near introspection as well. Ever considered writing a M/N?

Thanks bunches! It was great!
CreedKeeper chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Absolutely hysterical. Even when at its most random, this story still flowed together. I love the way you showed the characters and Matt's thought process. The ending was perfect. 3
TheExplodingPriest chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
"my hangover was a wrk of art. The kind of art that makes you want to jump off the fire escape to your agonising death that is. My first concious thought was Help me Father i'm dying, dear god why have you forsaken me? my second was Aw crap, it's december twenty-sixth"

Let's just say I almost died of laughter, nearly waking up my whole house. This was THE funniest thing in for freaking wrote everyone PERFECTLY.

Oh and I loved how Mello mocked starbucks. And Mello being Nala, and all the stuff about Harry Potter.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
loved it.
Deathly Noted chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Wow, I loved that. You are incredibly witty. I was honestly thinking, 'This person is so intelligent...' as I was reading, like unusually intelligent. You really twisted words around until even brief phrases became unique, interesting, and thought-provoking - and of course funny! I'm definitely saving this to read again someday. Thanks for making my night!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »