Reviews for Ruby Tells The Truth
Djedefre chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
That's sweet of Ruby to take the fall, I just hope that Ruby did it out of love and not as an "you owe me" type of thing, I'm leaning on the former.
Coloring Kids 2 chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
This is a pretty cute story.

Although, I must admit, that it's a little short.

But, you definitely, have potential.

I know, you'll get better, if you keep trying.

Never give up. That's the key words here.
AmyHale chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
I really liked it! I've always liked Gracie more than Ruby on the show, but your story made me appreciate Ruby too :) (Don't think about the other reviews... I really disagree with them)
Sorry War should be Ward chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
OK, now I am stopping. I hope you stop writing scenes and start writing complete stories soon though becasue this was like the last part of a story unless you put it in context like 'This is a missing scene from episode 'x'.' (I think you could have done that at the beginning of your Different STrokes one too - not necessarily int eh summary but in an author's note at the start)

i might come back in half a year or do to see how your writing has improved i hope you take my advice and expand becuase u can have good ideas but its like moments in time instead of complete stories. its like you just do stories without knowing the shows but i hope u dont dot hat becaue if your writing for an audience then that audience wont be entertained unless u try to write like u no the show. Theyll listen 2 u more if u no ur topic.

Good luck.
1 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Nice how you put the twist but while I dont know this show theres something odd.

Why would she complain shes jealous of Gracie if she didn't want Gracie to get in trouble.

How could Gracie have written the word on the mirror if she can't even read (and thus coudln't write?) Or was the older daughter just sayign that and Gracie could read? You have to tell readers these things when you write.

Okay, the mom gives a "War, I think you were too hard on the Beaver" talk like June Cleaver. Thats fine. But, unlike that Different Strokes story, you dont show anyones feelings or thoughts. You have to tellt he readers. Let them know these people so theyre not just reading dialog.

The mom's punsihment was a good one (I call chores punishment if someone is tgiven extra because one definition of punishment is a penalty, but thats neither here nor there), but if the older girl lied then she has to learn luying is wrong, too. Okay, so she came around and told the truth.

How will she learn lying is wrong? Maybe writing a letter of apology to her sister for getting her in trouble and to her parents for lying int he first place? That makes sense. Because otherwise she could lie on purpose and figure that as long as she she then tells the truth nothing bad will happen. And, people need to learn lying is wrong becuase it breaks the trust that we need to have in others.

See what I just wrote? Thats how to flesh things out. Then just have the parents compromise like I said.
dana chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
this was the worst piece of crap i've ever read.