Reviews for The Way Our World Ended
Mondhexe chapter 8 . 2/8/2014
You kept true to her character as a brilliant woman of action capable of controlling her own destiny great story
tomorrow4eva chapter 8 . 4/27/2013
Lovely ending! Bulma & Piccolo will make an awesome team. Great story.
tomorrow4eva chapter 7 . 4/27/2013
I think that's true to Bulma's character. She holds grudges.
tomorrow4eva chapter 3 . 4/27/2013
Yeah, Turles there is crazy even for a Saiyajin. They should get him out of the gene pool.
tomorrow4eva chapter 2 . 4/27/2013
Piccolo is so clueless. Poor Goku & family.
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
I love Bulma. I love her never-give-up spunk.
walutahanga chapter 8 . 12/16/2012
I found this story chilling and disturbing - and really, really good.
Your summary said it was a realistic version of all the saiyans-invade-earth stories, and you nailed it dead on. This is exactly how saiyans would behave - specifically, this is how Vegeta would behave, if he didn't have all the years of character development DBZ put him through. Bulma's revulsion and rage is refreshing after all the fics I've read, where she's just denying how attracted to him she is or 'she secretly wanted it'. I also love that she's not a victim either - she figures out how to screw him over, and she does it epically.
The part that was probably the saddest for me was all their friends that they won't ever know what happened to - Yamcha, Tien, Master Roshi, etc. At least with Goku they know for sure. The others they can only speculate. But this works in the context of the story - during this kind of upheaval, people disappear and slip through the cracks all the time.
wistfulmuse chapter 8 . 12/10/2012
Nicely done. Bravo!
XD
update soon chapter 8 . 1/6/2011
i have to agree with Yassa lin. In the beginning, i was enthralled with this story, and I still am... I just think what you had going needed to have turned into a lengthy novel, not just a 'short and sweet' story.

Have you ever gone see a movie, and the ending happens, but it doesn't really "end" because they just set it up for a sequel, and you leave the theater feeling empty and not fulfilled? That's how I felt.

This is all intended to be constructive, but I felt there were too many small snippets that should have been expanded upon. As the chapters went on, things felt...well, rushed.

I do hope you go back and perhaps take a look and maybe think about expanding the chapters into more. In a way, I feel like your current chapters are 'small preludes' to what could be even grander and greater chapters

whatever the case, i do look forward to your next piece, and please don't see this as a flame, but someone who enjoys your work and just would like to offer some constructive criticism
Galv chapter 8 . 1/6/2011
Ups! Sorry,wrong page.
Galv chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Continue,please! Very interesting chapter!
tetisheri chapter 8 . 1/5/2011
i liked this. and they were very in character. it's usually hard to do an AU and keep the characters in character. very well done and written.
Yassa lin chapter 8 . 1/5/2011
Well ok. You are one of my favorite all time authors on this site. (I've read every one of your fics) but I have to say this one wasn't one of my favs. The switching POVs was very jarring and I felt like we missed chunks of characterization everytime we switched. (Please understand I'm not trying to flame or anything...because you really are a great author) this just didn't work for me. But maybe I'm weird. Everything in the story was vague. Not mysterious vague, but barely touched upon. There seemed like there was a story behind the Saiyans, behind Turles and even behind the little used Raditz, but we never got there. The only thing we learned was, the Saiyans are evil bad ppl. I get that this wasn't THERE story, but I felt like they were glossed upon and generalized. I also felt like Bulma and Piccolo were both OOC. Experiences shape ppl, but from their introduction they felt slightly off. (especially Bulma, who is generally a coward in canon). We barely got a chance to look at the new world; it was barely discribed, and yet it must be one rich with culture and bittersweet, a medley of alien races who were conquered and used as slaves. I just felt like it could have been expanded on more is all. Nevertheless I look forward to your next fic.
The Final Chapter chapter 8 . 1/4/2011
Skillful, I loved this story and it was written excellently.
Mab chapter 8 . 1/4/2011
Wonderful story! I hope you'll consider doing something else with these two characters as the leads.