Reviews for The Languages of the Needle
Judy chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Excellent!
Herebedragons66 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
This is a lovely, powerful story, and very well-written. I've never thought all that much about Celia, and the glimpse into her life and personality that this story gives is very satisfying. Also, YES about Teagan - I have often wondered why he isn't married, since he's one of the loveliest characters in the entire game. I enjoyed the twist in the middle: "It is not Rowan I resemble." Very nicely done. I also love the way Leliana is brought in as a more powerful force that we see her in game. It always strikes me as somewhat odd that more isn't made of her bardic past - there is a lot of potential there, and you put it to good use here.

Thanks for sharing this! This is the first of your stories that I've read; I will start the Old Roads series sometime soon, and will be sure to review.
Wolfox6 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Excellent. Very captivating idea concerning Celia and Teagan!

Wonderfully written.
What Ithacas Mean chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Brilliant.

I am all admiration for your gift for the turn of a phrase and telling detail.
KarasuKimi chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Oh my, I'm loving how all this ties together. Now Leliana's little venture in Old Roads is up for more investigation and this character, Celia, is so well characterized that I cannot help but cheer for her against the main characters? I'm aghast. Your writing astounds me. ~KK
mutive chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Oh, I love this (and you should post to the Anora comm...) It's rare that ffic with really minor characters interests me, but this world was so perfectly put together, the characters so developed and believable. It really pulled details from the game and built a magical world out of them. Truly incredible!
Kazic chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
That was great! So I assume this will play into the main story yes? I'm not, you know, super callous or anything, but I never understood why there isn't at least the option to have Anora Executed after the landsmeet. It's what I would have done, and it would have made sense for someone like Eamon to suggest it. She

s too dangerous to be left alive and will never stop being a threat as long as she lives.

I can only assume Bioware has plans for her. I loved it, now please, with all do respect, get back to work on the chapter! :p
CynderJenn chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
I can just see Loghain's head exploding if he had found out his wife's heritage, and that his very Fereldean daughter was related to the Empress.

Teagan will be surprised/shocked to find out he has a son.

Now that we see all these back stories, I can't wait to see how they all play out in Pitless Games.