Reviews for Unlike a Sister
hereforthegood chapter 20 . 3/1
everyday i check if theres an update
hopefully you can post more chapters this year?
this story is just too good to stop
You know that this story is one of the best that we can still read, you know how much we are all DYING to read any others chapters, and still you take a full year to write just one chapter... You're being harsh on us...
I am rereading this fic, and it still amazes me how well you've written it So its hard to feel a grey at you for making us wait when you gave us this piece of art...
Please, dont take too long !

The more I read it, the more I feel like others peoples in the story think there is something going on between harry and hermione. i mean, the way they are talking to each other (darling, love), the way they are touching each other, and the way you write it that sometimes, other give them "strange looks" like "hey, you're married, shouldn't you act a bit more distant toward this Woman?"
it wouldn't surprise me if the aurors had a bait going on concerning harry and hermione ;)
Docholiday024 chapter 6 . 2/7
ok i think your idea of a HP/HG story and mine are completely on the opposite ends of the spectrum here. in my version you don't have to wait 1/4 of the way or 1/2 the way or even 7/8 of the way through the story for them to be together. what i am taking from this story so far it should not be listed as a HP/HG pairing as they are not paired nor should you be billing it as one that is misleading to the people reading your story. they may end up together but that does not make it a HP/HG story. right now it is a HP/GW HG/RW story and i for see it continuing as such for at least another 10 chapters. which means with there only being 20 chapters in this story that we get maybe a chapter of them being together cause it will take a chapter or 3 to get them past the break ups. unless of course it is them cheating on their spouse that breaks everything apart. of course that is something neither of them would ever do. kind of losing interest in it quickly.
Stylex chapter 19 . 1/24
oh my god you are so good! I read every word thinking 'great plot but where's the tension' and than bam! it seems like she is just better at hiding it than him. I love his monologue, I love the different personalities you have concocted. I was particularly impressed by the similarity of resurrection yuou brought up between harry and jesus. I'm not religious or a christian, but strangely, that's perfect. I had never thought of harry's survival that way.
another thing, you have clearly put hard work in this. I speak hindi and the convo betwn the indian doctor and his wife was clear to me. however, by the kind of hindi you wrote I suppose either you're a second generation NRI or you asked someone or consulted a site. Either way you are putting an effort into this, bringing up wonderful topics of discussion, the opera with songs, the depiction of the children, the ministry work, the editorial language of the Prophet.
all in all, quite impressive. looking forward to your next update. I'll follow you on ao3 too. good work! :)
and you know what, I don't even like a harry-hermione pairing! :D
Stylex chapter 15 . 1/24
dude you are good.
Krum chapter 9 . 1/17
I'm really liking this story but something that's always in every chapter annoys me. What's this "darling" shit? Sorry for my vulgar language it just really annoys me.
irmelonlord chapter 20 . 1/16
/FLAILS/
I need - oh my God this is so exquisite
I love the worldbuilding here. I love how you take JKR's canon and expand it. I like how everything seems to fit so seamlessly with canon; you just elaborate and add more details. It all seems so real. Basically, I love everything you've done here. It's amazing.
Of course the Harmony thoughhhhh auuuughhhh The slow burn is killing me. I need moar. MOAR.
Sali chapter 20 . 1/11
What worries me is that it feels like you're about to end up writing chapter 21, but haven't start chapter 22. And if we wait 11 months for 1 chapter, will we have to wait till november 2015 to have an update ? :(
zArkham chapter 20 . 1/9
Wrong or right, Harry made the right call on Ginny. Given what we see of the Weasleys in canon and in fanon, Ginny's first response *should* have been to defend Hermione if only because comments about her reflect poorly on her brother. But as Harry said, she didn't.

I know a lot of people probably will grump about "Ginny bashing" but a lot of words have been written about how the 'magical girl' in a family of 6 boys is going to grow up a certain way. She can still be a great person and the hero of the Hogwarts Resistance but still be a vain, self-centered person.

I personally see Ginny as growing up as the center of attention. Indeed I think some of Ron's personality is less about being the "lesser" brother than being the "forgotten" brother given how Ginny was born just 528 days after he was. (17 months!)

So while growing up, Ron was *always* overshadowed by Ginny. We get the feeling that Ginny was Molly's little princess and given the Twins would have been a handful, well you could see Ron being sort of stuck with Percy looking after him.

So far in this story, Ginny is acting how I expect her to. She is the center of attention and doesn't like it when she's not. Thus she sees Hermione less as a sister-in-law but as a two-fold threat to her: one as a threat to divert attention away from her in Harry's life and two, as a threat to overshadow her because of who Hermione is.

I think a lot of people can't see that Ginny can be a functionally great person at the same time as being this self-centered. Heck, there are many self-centered celebrities who do great things but still can have some real bad personal traits.
Is it just me or am I the only one that thought it strange that the head of the AD blithely gloss over that his son stole aconite from the potion's teacher? No question about the why or not even a "Albus Severus! I will not have a son of mine be a thief!"

...just sayin'
Iris chapter 20 . 1/5
Covered In Bruises

1. Michelle only referred to what was in the interview. I thought her interpretation was perfectly clear; she didn't romanticize the Harry/Hermione angle. She's just saying that J.K. Rowling did sense some sort of a presence between the two of them in certain scenes, and there's a little inclination of that. She recognizes they mention Ron, the incompatibility, etc. She's just stating that JKR did give us SOME possibility that Harmonie could be true.

2. They're not horrible people, they're complex characters. That's what we all are. There are other places for romantic, perfect characters; clearly it's not here. People are not perfect. Additionally, Michelle doesn't make them horrible people. She makes them conflicted people who make questionable judgments. And that's what a story - a good one - is supposed to feature.

3. Hope there's an update soon :3
Covered in Bruises chapter 20 . 12/31/2014
1. You might want to go and reread the interview because you got a fair bit about it wrong.

2. I ship and Harry and Hermione so hard but do you have to make them such horrible people merely to get them together?
Emilie chapter 20 . 12/23/2014
Wow. This is literally the best HP fanfiction I've ever read. Where to even start?

I guess I will start by saying that I truly appreciate your effort and time in showcasing the friendship that Harry, Ron and Hermione all have. The moments when they are cooking/joking/dancing together (or doing all at once) made me smile and laugh out loud. Their friendship was always one of my favorite parts of the series, so seeing them back together again in such a realistic dynamic really helped to make this story feel like a true continuation of the story!

I particularly appreciate your dedication to writing out interesting, deep, and realistic dialogue between all the characters. One thing I often find with fics, is that the author will spend all the time on plot and neglect the dialogue, so that everything feels rushed. It's lovely to read the conversations with Harry and Hermione, where the way they talk to each other manages to convey the incredible depth of their friendship and respect for each other, while showing that they can truly talk about anything on a deeply personal level (family troubles, work concerns and progress, children, the state of the wizard word vs muggle world, etc). It makes the slow unfurling of plot and romance feel real.

That brings me to your excellent plot. It's completely engrossing, the legal case that you've created with Callahan, as well as the Duncan/St. Mungos plotline, and the experiments with magic/blood. I just can't wait to see what comes next, and I love that I have no idea where any of these story lines are headed!

Finally, I just want to mention that I think you've done a really good job with the characterizations of older Harry and Hermione. I think that your analysis of Hermione through Harry's eyes, especially in later chapters (the moment where he compares her to Ginny at the ball jumps to mind) is really spot on - the fact that she's not perfect, and that she does rub a lot of people the wrong way (with her "militant idealism" - I loved that), is something I often think gets glossed over in H/HR fics. But it just shows that Harry knows her better than anyone, and he understands her better than anyone.

It's also nice to see someone writing a smart Harry. I always thought it was a bit odd that while Hermione's obvious genius is mentioned constantly throughout the series and in fanfiction, Harry hardly ever gets any credit for his sometimes incredible leaps of insight, and his rather amazing ability to come up with plans and ideas very quickly.

I truly am so looking forward to your next updates. Like everyone else it's heard to bear the breaks in between chapters, but it's clearly a testament to your outstanding writing and story building that everyone is so impatient. Thank you for your time and effort here, Unlike a Sister is Unlike any other fic I've come across.
Guest chapter 18 . 12/23/2014
Hey! I know there's no point in pushing you. But hey, one can dream yeah? please please please update soon.
your's
desperate fan who doesn't have a life.
holdingusback chapter 20 . 12/22/2014
All I want for Christmas is a really long update. :)
1,137 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »