Reviews for Unlike a Sister
Gabilian chapter 21 . 17h
I was thinking about this story the other day and wondered what happened to it. As I recall, I read it on Portkey before it died, and I remembered that this was one of the best stories on that site, or any site for that matter. I forgot the name of the story, but with a little detective work, I found it again, and I was extremely disappointed to see that it appears to be abandoned. At least it has not been updated for three and a half years, which to me means that it is abandoned. I checked your author page, but you don't say whether you have abandoned this story or not.

This really is a story that deserves to be finished. I'd like to read it again, but I am not going to start when it looks like it will never be finished. At the least, you should post an explanation on your author page as to why you do not plan to finish it. I know that I considered it one of the best stories I have read in fanfiction (which are far too many), and it just saddens me to see that such a good story may never be finished. It is intelligent, unpredictable, and well written, with great character development and interaction. You have a real talent for this, and I hope you can gather enough motivation to finish this story. I think you will regret it if you never do. G.
Please, just please dont forget about this fic, its the best that happened to the fandom in many, many years
emmanarchy chapter 5 . 11/6
Definitely parts of this re-written as well. But I swear you did a minor re-write ages ago... did you re-write your re-write sometime in the past year?

Either way - I love it all. And as an avid reader and fan of this work, I'm enjoying all the new additions to this already perfect story.
emmanarchy chapter 2 . 11/6
Okay, so you have definitely re-written parts of this chapter! I loved all the changes. I have no idea when you did it - but I had the urge to re-read this fic and now I've realised you have modified parts. I'm kind of interested now to keep reading to see if this is true for the rest of the fic. :)
WizardWriting chapter 21 . 11/4
Well, I finally reached the end and I must say that though this story has its fair share of problems, what an incredible read it was. To me, you truly understood and married the essence of Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Ron's younger and older selves, characterizing them in such a way that I'm positive would surprise even JK Rowling. There were several chapters in this I would rank as some of the most memorable chapters I've read on this site, namely the dinner with the Muggle doctor and his family (Chapter 11) and the New Year's Eve Ball (Chapter 19).

That being said, there were a couple of odd notes that wound itself into your story. The first time Harry and Hermione kiss is just strange; not the kiss itself but the reasoning behind it. It just didn't seem very natural, but rather forced in a way that is out of character for both Harry and Hermione. Also, there were several instances throughout the story in which you gave a very long, a somewhat winded narrative of Harry's feelings. To me, while I read through them, I felt as if skipping over them wouldn't have made a difference at all.

But, the biggest issue I have with this is that it remains unfinished. There are so many questions left up in the air and different relationships unresolved. Does Harry finally get with Hermione? If so, what is Ron and Ginny's role in it? To add to that, does it affect their children and how they view this new relationship? Does Hermione win in the Callahan case? How does the community think of Harry's call to the stand? Does Harry ever find out (and convict) who attacked Hermione? It's a shame really that this leaves off where it does as I would of love to see it continued. As such, with no update since 2015, this seems destined to join the throes of many, many stories that remains unfinished. A pity really. I know life gets in the way, but this was just too good to leave undone.
WizardWriting chapter 19 . 11/3
Goodness gracious, what an incredible chapter! Although, I wanted Harry and Hermione to end up in his private office - oh the possibilities! Overall, still a stunning read yet I'm quite saddened by the fact that there's only two more chapters left with the rest lost in the void. Anyway, moving on!
WizardWriting chapter 17 . 11/1
A certainly long chapter, yet one where many things are at play. A pity this isn't finished but I'll read on to what you have posted. Looking forward to the ball!
WizardWriting chapter 16 . 10/29
Great chapter, much better than the last! But definitely some strange moments in this chapter, namely of the Muggle couple recognizing Harry and the elderly witch informing him of their wealth. That whole charade was acted out in a very odd manner, to say the least.
WizardWriting chapter 15 . 10/29
I like you story very much so far, but I felt like this chapter was just filler...filler that I didn't take to much liking. Reading it was a chore as its entirety was Harry's own self-loathing, pity-party. Here's to hoping the opera chapter will be more than Harry's own depreciating thoughts.
Cindi chapter 20 . 10/29
I'm just now realising that this story isn't complete, (and probably never will be). The slow pacing of it makes sense now, I guess.
Just finished chapter 17. Are we sure this is a romance? Are they even going to end up together? Right now I'm at a point where I'll be upset if they end up together, because of what it will do their families, and I'll feel cheated if they don't end up together, because I was promised a Harry/Hermione pair up.
I'll read until the end but I'm not enjoying this story anymore, it's dragging on and on.
I'm so sorry.
Cindi chapter 15 . 10/28
Chapter 15
We're almost at the end and I'm still wondering how this is going to work, if it's going to work. Very worried for these characters.
Cindi chapter 14 . 10/28
The chapters are way too long. It might just be my mood but it's exhausting a little bit.
Cindi chapter 9 . 10/26
Chapter 9
That is the mother of cliff hangers right there!
Cindi chapter 8 . 10/26