Reviews for The Longest Night
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 1/12
3 love
Hilary chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
This is beautiful. I read this last night on what happened to be the Winter Solstice, and I'm now realizing this story was an integral part of how good that evening was. Anyway, I just thought you should know. Thank you, I can actually picture this story playing out in the canon. :)
J. Wheeler chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
Mae Carmen (and if I may be so bold), Mellon-nin. Very good writing. Excellent story for this long night as we wait in middle Iowa for a snow storm! Hannon le!
Saren-Dipety chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
This was so good! I loved it! Lol, you should have children, I have my hands full taking care of you. LOL! This was so cute! Great job!
Archiril chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
And another perfect story! I loved all of it, but if I had to pick out one thing that was really, really perfect, it was the conversation between Aragorn and Legolas. The choice of words and the manner in hich you said it, were just perfect! :)
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
awww!
TheBattleOfPreston chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Good one.
iiiionly chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Mmmmm, the scent of pine overlaid with the sharp, crisp smell of snow lingers in my nose like the gentle feel of this story will linger in my heart.

Aragorn's pressing need for solitude is both realistic and compelling. I thought it especially fitting(I'm reading this on New Year's day) that he desired time away to reacquaint himself with himself. His encounter with the *glowing* snow angel that reunites him with his family had me thinking he'd ended up somewhere other than Gondor for a few moments there. And watching the little family draw the elf into their extended family was quite lovely as well.

I enjoyed this immensely and will be looking for other LotR stories by you.
ValkyrieH chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
This is a great, heartwarming little holiday fic. Your tone was great, and really conveyed Aragorn's relaxation in the trees at the beginning and the joy he felt by the end. What a great solstice gift!
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
A beautiful story! I love your writing; the great detail makes it so vivid. I could feel everything Aragorn did - every snowflake, every gust of wind. I hope to see more LotR stories from you soon!
nim draug chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Wonderful! I loved this - you are a brilliant writer and your ideas are so original :)
Vamp.Michelle chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Truly a beautiful story. Okay, so the holidays are over, but I still enjoyed this a lot. I think you have a very good eye for nature. You're describing what Aragorn sees and hears in great detail. And while you always run the risk of boring a reader with too much description I never felt that you were crossing that line, *because* you used such detail. It added depth to Aragorn's hunt for solitude for it makes sense that he would perceive his surroundings in great detail.
Sassypants chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Very good story. :D Crazy humans do the craziests things! LOL
Aranel Mereneth chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Very well written, wonderful story! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well )
Gord and V chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Beautiful story! I loved how you portrayed Aragorn's thoughts throughout, it simply made such a great story that much better. The ending was very sweet too.

Peace out boy scout,