Reviews for Stolen Kiss
xanderseye chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Really enjoyed reading this, I can Jane imagine reacting like this if Red John was killed by someone else.
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Okay, that was probably one of the awesomest fics ever.

"And they lived contrarily ever after."

And that line is so them. *happy sigh* What a lovely xmas gift- so glad I made some time to read...
Kaoh chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Very cleverly written. I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. I liked the heroine angle - it worked very well - and paced the story brilliantly.

Bravo Lisbon for being able to surprise Jane! That gave the biggest smile!

Great concept - and well written.
MeltedChoccoButton chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
So good! The fairy-tale narrative complemented the story so well and you write in that wry style so well. I loved the mention of the dog and streamers and the fact that it was just a mention. A lesser skilled writer would have elaborated and killed the comedy. Blown away by your talent.
Anni chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Hardly loquacious you have been busy. Thanks for that.

This story is absolutely wonderful. I am out of words :)
Lizicia chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Oh, wow. Blimey, what a great story! I really loved the prompt and how you used it because you could've taken the easy way out and simply given us a stolen kiss but you made it into a great story. I enjoyed the story-teller's bits about the heroine and the sorcerer, giving a nice background to everything that was happening, especially the part about Jane having two conflicting quests. And the Red John plotline was very nicely handled, too, and the ending was just perfect. They probably would live contrarily every after, like you say.
waterbaby134 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Another top-quality one shot from you. I loved the way the story kind of played out like a fairytale. It was a really excellent story. As always, your Jane and Lisbon characterization was spot-on, all the elements of the story, the plot, the characters all fit well together. And I loved the last line. "And they lived contrarily ever after."

In a nutshell, great story, loved it, you're a fabulous writer. Need I say more?
information specialist chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
This is fabulous! I love fics that play around witht the narrative, and the last line was perfect: contrarily ever after :) the perfect happy ending. Thank you so much for this. It was a fun read.
chocolatefan chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
This is the perfect fairy tale, The story came to life. You are an amazing writer! I loved the line: "In fact, she was far more likely to save the Prince as well, if he happened to run into a spot of trouble on his quest" yes it is Lisbon's story and she does not need anyone to save her, she will save you! Also the confrontation scene was magical. This is definitely going into my favourites ;) Xx chocolatefan
jasadin chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
awesome~! loved it so much
forthecoast chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Basically, you are magical, k? I'm still basking in the afterglow. It's rather distracting to the other things I'm supposed to be doing right now.

Everything about this is perfect. I have no idea how you took the prompt and turned it into this, but it is seriously awesome. Particularly because you wrote it *for* Chibs. I think I may have been on a fairytale kick recently anyway, and this just worked for me. So well. Especially because Lisbon wasn't a typical princess and instead was an actual heroine, and because Jane (pretty as he may be) was not the Prince Charming. Charming? Yes. Prince, probably not so much. I like him as a sorcerer. AND, I have a particular soft spot for Lisbon making the first move, especially when she pulls one over and has the advantage on Jane. I enjoy that very much.

I love Jane's conflict once his priorities get split. It makes perfect sense that it would happen that way, and you didn't gloss over it. I like that a lot. I also really like your convenient but also unique way of getting rid of Red John (WHY? WHY CAN'T HE BE HIT BY A BUS? WHY?). And sigh, their fight. So real, and also kind of sad. :( Lisbon collapsing on the couch. That image stuck with me. It feels like what I imagine her reaction would be.

A big fan of Lisbon-takes-a-vacation post-RJ, too. I may abuse that trope a bit, but whatever. I like it a lot. I'm glad you used it too.

I'm still pretty :D :D :D from the "How many?" / "All of them." thing. And them living contrarily ever after. Heeeee.

I feel like baking you a pie right now. Would you like apple or chocolate? Those are my specialities :P
watchyouwalk chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Oh my fluff. There are so many things to love about this story, seriously.

The fairytale perspective is definitely an original approach, and it worked really well - almost in narration, but still involved in the story, if that even makes sense.

Bonus points on the awesome scale for Lisbon getting her time in the spotlight and being the one to initiate something - that doesn't happen very often in fanfic while still being so perfectly in character like it is here.

It was interesting, the way that Red John was killed this time around. Personally, I've never given any thought to the families of RJ's other victims, but this now seems like a very plausible outcome, and it makes a lot of sense that a scenario like that would really push Jane over the edge.

All of the dialogue was amazing, from their very cute banter in the beginning to the extremely intense (seriously, on the edge of my seat) argument toward the end.

I'm sure you've probably heard this a lot already, but Jane wanting all of Lisbon's kisses? Squee, so cute! And contrarily ever after is just too perfect for them, heh. :D

Awesome, awesome piece! /favorites
LittleMender chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
I liked both stories told in tandem. My favorite lines:

"...he knew exactly how warm she'd be in his arms. It made him so tired of being cold."

And this whole exchange:

"'How many are you asking for then?' she asked, resting her hands on his shoulders for support.

'First of all, I'm not asking,' he assured her. 'You didn't ask for yours.'

'How many?' she gasped as she felt his nose trail along her neck. She arched back and it was followed by his lips.

'All of them', he whispered, before claiming his prize.

I can almost hear the predatory note in his voice. Thanks for such an enjoyable read!
Jisbon4ever chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
That was beautifully written. I have to say this has got to be my favorite story from you yet. :D It has it all. What I most liked about it was that Lisbon had the advantage in the beginning. I love when she gets one over Jane. He can be suck a jerk but we love him too. Loved the kisses and the fight. You always know how to write their relationshing while staying IC. Seriously, I love your writing.
yaba chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
OMG this was so lovely. I cannot express to you in words how amazing this one shot was. I absolutely loved it! I think it was creative with your own brand of fairytale and real life interwoven so perfectly together, I cannot stop grinning. Seriously, this was sweet and real and just wonderful all wrapped into one and it has the potential to infuse even the most unsentimental person with warm and fuzzy feelings. It certainly made me smile like an idiot (though I am easy to please in that department ;)).

First off, I'd just like to say that the mark of a good writer is knowing one's audience and o my gosh do you know! Chibi probably loved this SO much, which is awesome since it is her gift. This was doubly lovely, because you made changes to the "fairytale" part of it to fit the characters, especially destroying the boy saves girl troupe from the very beginning of the narrative. That was probably what reeled me in right away. Add to that, their lovely banter and Jane's somehow misguided thoughts and you have yourself a winner, dear. Also, I think the plot here, the whole "stolen kiss/theft" idea is absolutely fascinating and worked well with the theme of the story. The only real gripe I had is with Jane deciding to leave and come back again, it's quite annoying when he disappears, but in this paricular story it worked, so Kudos to you for knowing when to put something like that in, and when to keep it out. I especially found the last part very sexy and sweet and I like how you ended it with the fairytale part.

My favorite lines in the whole oneshot were definitely the ones below, because they just describe perfectly J/L's relationship both inside this story and in canon, if it ever happens :).

It would seem our heroine had her own particular brand of magic, one her sorcerer was ill-equipped to deal with.

Because somehow she'd stolen more than a single kiss.

Great job!

P.S. The song "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional was totally playing in my head as I read this ;)

Yana

THIS IS SOO GOING ON MY FAVORITES LIST :P, because everyone needs a great Xmas story on their rec list :).
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »