Reviews for Stolen Kiss
between the waves chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
And they lived contrarily ever after.

Hah! Best fairy tale ending ever. You win \o/
Frogster chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Aww, I loved this! Loved how you told it in both a not-so-traditional fairy tale format and with various progressive scenes. I can so see Jane as a sorcerer-the idea of him with a sorcerer's pointed hat is just hilarious. And yes, his most effective and dangerous spell is that dazzling smile. :D

Loved how Lisbon stole his kiss, how she took the bull by the horns like she always does. Love her concern for Jane and how things always seem to escalate into a shouting match between them.

I, for one, am glad that Lisbon distracted Jane. And it's partly his fault, too, if it's anyone's fault at all, because he payed attention. Distraction is a two-way street; there's always two or more people involved, and each side is culpable.

I love your characterization of both Lisbon and Jane in this. Love the idea of Jane as a "wayward sorcerer" and Lisbon as the unconventional heroine.

Love how Jane always seems to interfere with Lisbon's love life. I'd love to see him running off potential suitors with a shotgun.

I'm intrigued by the idea of another distraught husband getting to Red John first. It seems like a completely viable option. Plus, it keeps Jane from doing the unthinkable. And Lisbon doesn't have to do more paperwork, and she doesn't have to continuously worry about his plans for revenge.

Love how he came back, demanding restitution and help with his second goal. :D Was it to get with her, I guess? Love how he's asking for all her kisses. :D That's so sweet.

And absolutely love the end line-"contrarily ever after." Perfect capsule of their relationship. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fantastic job! Write more soon!
Dubbers chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Absolutely brilliant story. I loved the way you wrapped the fairytale around it; that gave it something a bit more special.

Lovely work, very entertaining and enjoyable.
mwalter1 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Wonderfully written!
Country2776 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
wow just wow loved it
boutondor chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
I think this is the best story you've ever written. Loved it. I'm at a loss for words.

1) The fairytale narrative is just plain awesome. So original, yet simple and perfect. I loved how you described Lisbon and Jane in the fairytale bits.

2) Jane as sorcerer - YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

3) Lisbon stealing a kiss was just awesome. The whole kissing thing was absolutely fantastic.

4) Loved the two goal dilemma thing. Awesome way of dealing the whole Red John vs. Lisbon thing.

5) That was a really fantastic RJ resolution. I get so bored with them now; they all seems to be the same. This one was fantastic.

6) How you described Lisbon liking the praise. Perfectly in character.

7) "How many?" "All of them." - SQUEEEEE x 1000! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THAT!

Okay, I've so gone to J/L heaven with this fic :)
Polly83 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
I loved this story very much. It's poetic and (kind of) sweet and so very in character. I don't know if I like more the way you write or how you manage to find ways, prompts, to make every story unique. The fairy tale point of view was really the icing on the cake. It makes the story perfect. D
Heather chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Nice Christmas Present!
Donnamour1969 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
I have to admit, I was skeptical when this started out using the fairy tale angle, but I was quickly won over. It really works! The story was great, well-written, realistic dialogue. The best part was the twist at the end. I totally see Jane reacting this way, blaming Lisbon. I mean, what a let-down if someone else killed Red John. Loved the metaphor of the stolen kiss meaning so many things. Great job. Congratulations!
fan of mentalist chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
love your style "once upon a time", it gives a touch of magical to a simple story.
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4