Reviews for Yabba Dabba Joes
Lady Jaye1 chapter 5 . 2/11/2011
I liked the ending, with the T Rex being Sue, and then having the SE-Ohara brood coming to visit it. And poor Hawk, having to deal with Tommy's new pet.
Lady Jaye1 chapter 3 . 2/11/2011
Oh God, this chapter was great. Not only did a poor Viper catch a glimpse of ninja sex (and end up being eaten), you put in a Doctor Who and a Dr. McNinja reference. You don't know how much I love you for the sonic screwdriver and Yoshi the raptor bits.
Vierge chapter 5 . 2/10/2011
I envy Storm right now. I really, truly envy Storm. I have always, always wanted a raptor-type dino for a pet, preferably something the size of an ostrich (but I'll settle for a deadly turkey-sized one on the end of a leash). And he GETS one. Though I do have to say, I cannot think of a more perfect pet for a ninja: armed to the teeth (literally) and capable of dealing out swift, painful death.

Oh, and nice touch having Storm name the raptor Yoshi. I was cackling with glee as soon as he said Yoshi, because the reference to Super Mario was just waaay too cute.

I was glad to notice that you portrayed the T-rex accurately to current theories regarding its behavior. I know a lot of scientists used to think that it was a big, dumb brute, but I've tended to believe that T-rexes are smarter than they've been given credit for. Maybe not as smart as their smaller raptor cousins, but smart for their size.

That ending was a really nice one, too: Snake, Shana and their kids looking up at the new T-rex display...you think Snake and Shana know this is the one they shot up when they got zapped to the past? Do you think they told their kids about it? That'd be interesting.

And one more thing: did Storm actually get to keep Yoshi? Because I really, really hope he did.
BlazeStryker chapter 5 . 2/9/2011
This was glorious.

I do hope to see Yoshi return later (also for Tommy to get computers preloaded with ZSNES Mario games) in later fics!
Linuxgirl chapter 5 . 2/6/2011
Ah, that was cute.

Loved the ending of chapter 4 - Yoshi worrying about his "parent". And laughed myself sick about Yoshi being happy about biting vipers. "Baby chicken from Hell", yessir.

And your "thoughs" for Sue and the description of her reactions were just great. Seemed just so probable to imagination of what a predator of that size might feel.

The fighting scene was great as usual. I thoroughly enjoyed it, can't help but loving your fighting scenes. They're realistic and you have a great way with details.

Beach wanting to "play" with Scaly and Vipers was just hilarious. Great idea and perfectly fitting for Beach Head.

The epilogue was also fine, poor paleontologist.

By the way, I think my mistakes rub off ;-). You wrote "viper" once in chapter for instead of "raptor" for Yoshi:

"The tiny baby viper".

Thanks for that great story, perhaps that plot bunny could spawn some sequel *big puppy dog eyes*? I would love to see Yoshi at the pit. Duke and Flint are gonny down Tylenol straight from the bottle ;-).
Phyr chapter 4 . 2/6/2011
Yoshi... best ninja pet raptor name ever. :3
Tinks231 chapter 5 . 2/6/2011
Excellent! This fic makes me feel like watching Jurassic Park :D
The Child Of Silence chapter 5 . 2/4/2011
Interesting. I think I now a certain comic such as where the idea for Yoshi comes from. In all honesty I was expecting a band of palaeontologists to pop up riding raptors at some time.

I didn't spot any grammar or spelling mistakes, which is always a good thing. Congrats! :D
Arin Rowan chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Oh dear god I will be willing to have your babies. That was wonderful and it was sort of like Christmas came in February. I really enjoyed this story and my friend and I are currently squeeing back in forth at each other about NINJAS WITH RAPTORS.

Wonderful and everyone was wonderfully badass. Thank you so much for writing it!
zenbon zakura chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
so what about storms pet!
Ghanie chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Good Story!
PhantomEmpress chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
:bowsdown: WOW! You know how to take 'crack fic" and elevate it to a high art.
MariaShadow chapter 4 . 2/3/2011
Outback... has a special brand of loony. He's like a kid who's been given a free pass to the candy store.
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Holy fucknuggets on a platter of pancakes. Best. Ending. EVER.

I'm a sad sad geek, you know that? Because I read chapter four, with the injuries to the female Rex (Regina?) and thought "I'm glad she survived. I remember when the Sue exhibit opened, and they talked about how SHE survived injuries just like those . . ." And then the minute Chapter Five said "Chicago," I knew where you were going with it. And I experienced the culmination of my life as a geek.

. . . Mainly because the mental image of Snake, Scarlett, and two kids at the Field Museum-the same place I spent roughly three-quarters of my childhood-killed me from sheer joy.

I'm going to have to throw my hat into the ring and request a sequel as well, or at least a couple of omake one-shots. Does Storm ever managed to train Yoshi? Just how many blood vessels did General Hawk blow when he realized there was now a dinosaur in the Pit? Did Outback ever manage to revisit his new favorite era? IS Billy going to grow a moustache and go raptor-riding? The world demands to know!

You are a brilliant, psychotic woman, and I loved every minute of this story. My only regret was that, in the words of the famous book review, "the covers are too close together."
willwrite4fics chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
So awesome. Crackfic my fat butt. This was awesome! The explained injuries to Sue were a crowning glory.
82 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »