Reviews for Yabba Dabba Joes
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
Wow. Cute AND, by virtue of its nature, capable of murdering you very messily. I think Storm just found his animal soulmate.

Snake and Scarlett inventing fooling around . . . well, you know I was going to cheer that, don't you? My favorite part, though, was definitely Anthony the Ill-Fated Viper. Obviously he didn't get much screentime before being turned into troodon chow, but in an alternate universe, I wouldn't mind seeing more of him. I liked seeing GI Joe through his eyes, and the details like the payday/poker issue made him seem like more than, well, Viper #4, Squad 102.

Sonic screwdriver reference FTW, incidentally. Now I want Destro to meet the Ninth Doctor. In between trying to foil each others' plans, they could trade technology tips!
PhantomEmpress chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
YOSHI! omg yes!

and poor Anthony. In the wrong Place at the wrong time.
TinySprite chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
This is just too cute! Wonder how they're going to explain it all back at the base though...especially Yoshi.
Karama9 chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
Geek-asm. A Viper getting a knife thrown in his thigh for spying on Snake and Scarlett christening the PLANET was already gold. The same Viper being killed by a hoard of tiny dinosaurs was the cherry on top.

But then, DESTRO bemoaning the fact sonic screwdrivers don't exist, and Tommy adopting a dinosaur and naming him Yoshi (I want Billy to get to ride that thing, btw)?

I am in your debt for ultimate geekery. *bows*
Tinks231 chapter 2 . 1/31/2011
I love this! Really made me laugh, especially Beachhead. Your characters are perfect.

Very, very funny. Can't wait for more!
BlazeStryker chapter 2 . 1/22/2011
Absolutely Glorious! I remain completely impressed by this.

I doubt that G.I. Joe was responsible for the mass extinction of the dinosaurs, but it is almost certain that several headaches are going to contribute heavily to local dino fatalities.

My only question is if some wisenheimer's going to try to find fossils of the dead Vipers once they all get back..
Vierge chapter 2 . 1/12/2011
Oh my Lord. DINOSAURS. I never thought someone would try this, but here it is.

As a dinosaur nut, this pleases me on a very deep, childish level, particularly since it brought back memories of playing with G.I Joe figures while listening to my mother read me a book about dinosaurs, so this story juxtaposes two things from my childhood together in a most fascinating and pleasing way.

That meant, of course, that I did nothing but giggle for most of this story, even though I can only imagine what sort of stress they're under. Poor Storm; must be extremely hard on him being in a forest where nothing sounds familiar. And I really liked how you included the "deeply-buried mammalian instincts" which still exist in us all. Humans like to think they're at the top of the food chain, but being around dinosaurs really does knock us down a peg or ten.

I do have to agree that you need more than a standard-issue firearm to deal with the larger dinos, so it was a good idea for them to bring out the heavy artillery. I suppose the raptor they shot down was something along the lines of a Deinonychus or a Utahraptor? Velociraptors are only the size of turkeys, if I'm not mistaken, so they'll likely go down with a regular pistol - if you can actually hit them, of course.
Knives91 chapter 2 . 1/11/2011
Scarlet without coffee? World is over folks. Pack it in. Game over. I'm going home.

A most amusing story so far. More please!
Miscella chapter 2 . 1/10/2011
Ahahaha! Beachhead cursing and the others taking that as okay and "'Ah'm fine' in Beachspeak could mean 'the limb is still mostly attached and I duct taped the intestines back in'" is WONDERFUL! XD
reena01 chapter 2 . 1/10/2011
If I egg you on, cause we all know ninjas versus dinosaurs has to be better then Godzilla versus Bambi any day can I be one of those people? Please? Cause, you know, redheads get viscious without coffee so you're safe for today...
Ghanie chapter 2 . 1/8/2011
Poor Duke! :)
Lady Jaye1 chapter 2 . 1/8/2011
Great update. It looks like Scarlett isn't the only one having drug withdrawals. Poor Duke has a headache that's only going to get worse, but no aspirin for it. I liked that Tommy was on edge because the sounds and smells were different. That was good attention to detail about something that would bother him more than someone else. Being a ninja goes a long way, but a human versus a hungry T-Rex is still a human.

I'm glad to see that (almost) everyone survived the raptor attack. Destro may be immune to ninja/Scarlett/Joe retaliation at the moment, but all bets are off once they get back to their own time.
willwrite4fics chapter 2 . 1/7/2011
Tommy having issues because all the noises are wrong is a tidbit many wouldn't think of. SE with Scarlett using his thigh as a pillow, sleeping upright with a gun, very SE. No coffee scary mornings.

Nervous ninja major danger. No doubt. If an IED guy starts to sweat you get nervous, same with ninja.

BeachHead punching and cursing at the raptor awesome. Duke realizing "Ah'm fine" can "most folks would be dead right now" was great. And Dusty's calm assesment of BH's status by volume level uber-funny.

Destro's morale boosting instructions were spot-on. Loved this. Write more. More things should try to bite BeachHead.
Antigone68104 chapter 2 . 1/7/2011
Too bad they'll only be in the Cretaceous for a couple days - between them, I bet Dusty and Outback could make a very nice raptor-skin tac vest for Beach. :)

Looking forward to the next chapter!
N. Ockenfels chapter 2 . 1/7/2011
Wonderfully hilarious. I sure like this crackfic, even though crackfic's often not my cup of tea. But this is good: Tommy nervous about the "wrong" sounds and being especially creepy and annoying to the vipers to cover it, Snake virtually unfazed by everything, Scarlet without her coffee-fix and poor Duke without his aspirin - hehehe, makes my day. And Beach punching the raptor makes sense: sudden attack at close quarters - punch it in the face! Just standard Beachhead-tactic: if you can't shoot it, hit it. It's gonna be really messy when one of those lizards actually attacks Stormshadow.

You really managed to make them "cracky" characters without making them caricatures. I hope you'll finish the next chapter soon.
82 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »