Reviews for Mindless
asha74 chapter 23 . 2/8
Love this story
Guest chapter 24 . 2/11/2014
Absolutely brilliant! Thank you for writing it.
durararaaa chapter 24 . 4/13/2013
Usually I don't like stories with drama, but something about this story just grabbed hold and didn't let go. Thank you for writing this one :)
ShapedLikeStars chapter 12 . 8/15/2011
THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL. its 4 am and i keep telling myself that ill stop at the next chapter BUT I CANT! its addicting, great job! :D
Curlism chapter 24 . 8/11/2011
Well, this was a pleasure to read. I really liked that your story was far more about the characters than about obscene feats of magic, it makes it special and all the more poignant.

In an effort to actually make this review slightly useful, I thought I'd aim for constructive criticism and constructive praise. So here is my opinion:

The only points I can think of that were slightly out were:

*Anna never having picked up a pen that she could remember (when writing a letter to her father) after she'd been writing in her diary.

*There was another thing, roughly about a chapter or two after this that was a very similar point that I have now completely forgotten.

*The differences between the American legal system vs. UK law courts.

*I'd of liked to of seen a bit more integration of Anna's old and new personality. Although she and Harry spoke of needing time to reacquaint with each other after the changes she had been through while getting her memory back, apart from a mad crying fit or three and pegging it off back to her old life, she then flipped straight back to 'hospital Anna' soon after without the old and new personalities combining noticeably.

I thought that it would of made for some interesting reading but, by and large doesn’t matter.

None of these points really detract from the story though, as the first two are so small and play no bearing on the story in any way (to the extent i actually can't remember what one is anymore) and the court thing being a cultural point; which would require either being British (although not necessarily as belonging to a particular nation and having any idea how it's legal system works aren't necessarily synonymous) or having some experience of UK law procedure or an immense amount of research for a point that really isn’t that big a deal in the story. I dare say more Americans will read this story anyway.

The parts I really thought you did well on, or I was mentally congratulating you on as I read through were:

*The development of your characters throughout, especially how the story's plot tied into the changes in actions and personality. This is so often ignored in favour of the 'guns and explosions' method of writing (where character development takes a [none existent] back seat to straight action)

*The realism expressed throughout, this hits on some important topics and events that are common to many readers. Perhaps a certain amount of real world experience of yourself or someone you know tied into this? If not, then you could of fooled me anyway.

*You didn't overly demonise any particular character, particularly Christopher and Ginny.

The last chapter also evokes some interesting emotions in Harry, Anna, Christopher and Sophia. (Although with that said, I wouldn't minded to of see this expanded on more too).

The almost reconciliation between Sophia and her father was an interesting angle and shows a depth that’s not often found within fandom (how often do you see: EVIL Dumbledore, EVIL Weasley etc with so very little basis outside of people being angry cannon didn’t go the way they wanted?) so thanks for taking a more mature tack on this.

*Final point, well done on making a believable, developed and likable OC while avoiding the pit fall of the dreaded Mary Sue.

Overall, I really enjoyed this. I thought it was different, well writen and a pleasure to read.

I hope this review hits my own aim of being actually constructive criticism and praise rather than just tossing opinions about again. Anyway...

Thanks for writing.

~Curlism
lullaby chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Dude! My last name is Greenwood. Sweet. :)
Sonny13 chapter 24 . 4/22/2011
I am in love with this story. I just could not stop reading, it's exactly 3:20 am in Australia right now. I had seen this in the Harry/OC archive before, but overlooked it as it did look like the things i usually read. I chose it today because i was in desperate need of some Harry/OC action. I was proven wrong. Amazing story, Amazing writing. Great job. I'm writing a Harry/OC following through Hogwarts. If you like that sort of thing, I would be honoured if you would read it and tell me what you think. Much love and admiration,

-Sonny
Rori Potter chapter 24 . 3/26/2011
That was an amazing story.
fhkouvdrynliu chapter 24 . 3/24/2011
It is overrrrr! I'm so sad): Brilliant story though. Engaging plot and it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The only slight discrepancy I found with the entire story was that Sophia recognized Anna as her mom after so long...as a little kid I don't think this would have realistically occurred unless Christopher made an effort to show Sophia pictures of Anna and stuff. However, I absolutely LOVED that Christopher repented. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I loved your story though. Thanks for sharing it with me!
fhkouvdrynliu chapter 19 . 3/24/2011
Go Harry! Tell that bitch! [:
fhkouvdrynliu chapter 18 . 3/24/2011
I suspected someting was up with Marni...btw what an unusual name! I like it. And I really enjoy the Hermione element. I love Harry/OC ships but I also love Hermione as a character so thanks bunches for adding her!
fhkouvdrynliu chapter 13 . 3/24/2011
Holy shit. Nuff said.
fhkouvdrynliu chapter 4 . 3/24/2011
I'm supposed to be studying for a test and promised myself to just read one chapter of your story and then stop. Your story is so amazing there is no way I'll be able to put it down. So if I fail it is all your fault. (; Bloody brilliant story. I am impressed.
snakesandemeralds chapter 24 . 2/26/2011
That was good. I'm glad she got a say - it was a nice touch.

M
LivingInTheClouds chapter 24 . 2/26/2011
I love this last chapter. It's really sweet, and makes me view Sophia as more than just the little baby we see in the rest of the story. It gives her a life of her own. So, really, great chapter. It's a wonderful ending to a fantastic story.