Reviews for Beyond Family
wolfnymph1 chapter 5 . 4/15
I think I've heard of the gem in a Ripley's Believe it or Not comic
wolfnymph1 chapter 4 . 4/15
Couldn't resist the Dickens reference could ya?
czen chapter 13 . 3/18/2013
This is great, and super well written. I love it! Are you going to update it soon?
Panic chapter 13 . 11/3/2012
Hey, great to see that you are alive and well. Once again, the chapter is fantastic. There is a small error in the paragraphs between Sawyer and Allan, where you left out the "w" in "who". But, great. And I loved the Jekyll/Hyde interaction. Perfect. Roll on next chapter
Artemisgirl91 chapter 13 . 10/26/2012
I love this story so much! I can't wait for the next chapter!
general zargon chapter 13 . 10/22/2012
Way to break up a serious moment, Skinner. ;) I LOLed at Allan's comment about Skinner putting on some clothes, and I really enjoyed how you wrote Charlotte's thoughts, and I look forward to finding out how her use-the-whale-bone-as-a-weapon plan works out (I bet it works!). :) Poor Henry, I wonder what Mina would think about it if she knew what he and Edward were talking about? I really liked this chapter, and I hope you update soon, because I want to find out how the rescue goes! Please keep up the excellent work!
bkwrmnlvnit chapter 13 . 10/22/2012
This is honestly my favorite chapter so far. I loved the information on corsets, by the way. I thought it was really intriguing- I never knew that kind of stuff before. Of course, Charlotte is clever too, in using her clothing to defend herself. I like that you used her social status and the wealth of her family to give her a means of protecting herself against Morris.

The conversation between Tom and Quatermain was great. You got serious depth there with the description of family, and you showed a great truth. Tom's speech was pretty amazing, because you hit the nail on the head so directly. Tom defined family perfectly, and you did well with making the conversation between him and Quatermain.

And then you have Skinner, our loyal invisible thief, popping out of nowhere. I found that quite hilarious and was laughing like a maniac when I read that part. Bravo on that as well.

I loved the conversation between Jekyll and Hyde, and I think once more that you hit the nail on the head. You did wonderfully, telling about love and loss, and how if you truly love someone, you'll let them go. Few people realize that.

Overall, great job, and I can't wait to see more. Bravo, Bookworm!

From one Bookworm to another.
bkwrmnlvnit chapter 12 . 10/2/2012
Wow. Did NOT see that coming. Bravo, Bookworm!

This story is absolutely amazing. I love how you use humor and research before you create chapters, and how much you keep to the characters. Mina, Henry, especially Skinner. You do a great job with them, and I know I enjoy reading things from Skinner's view especially. By the way, nice backstory for him- it almost made me cry, how sad and brutal that was. Poor Rodney...

You created a great villain, too. I thought that it was pretty amazing that you could make Morris so evil just by using a knife and some gemstones. I never in a million years would have thought of that. I can't wait for updates to see what happens next to poor Charlotte and good old Skinner.

Bravo with how you brought in Quatermain as well. Some other stories I've read just kind of shove him in there like "Hi, I should be dead, but I'm not. Wonderful weather we're having, eh?" You did not do that, and you gently brought him in, and did a great job with the context.

Quick question- is Charlotte ever going to learn about Skinner's identity, and if she does, what is going to happen with her and her father? Will Lord Talbot ever find out? I can imagine a mushroom cloud explosion if he does, if you know what I mean. That would be an interesting argument to say the least. I also want to compliment you on the dialogue between the characters, especially Skinner and Talbot.

Anyways, this review is probably way too long by now, so I'll finish it up. Great job, keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks for posting,
bkwrm (The other Bookworm)
Orihime-San chapter 12 . 7/19/2012
so far ... THIS STORY IS FUCKING AWESOME!

SKINNER IS MY FAVORITE GENTLMEN!

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT CHAPTER!

KEEP ON WRITING!
Panic chapter 12 . 4/27/2012
I guess I was right about the human sacrifice. I still really hope someone hits Talbot. If you want to know about other animal guards that Morris might use, I'd suggest rhino's or hippos. They are extremely fast and those horns are bloody dangerous. BTW hippos kill more people in water than crocodiles do, if you are thinking of using water guardians. Again, I love the detail in your chapers, and I can't wait to see the next few. I'm also pleased that Alan is back, as I find the interactions between him and skinner hilarious.
Panic chapter 12 . 4/25/2012
I am so happy to see new chapters. Excellent writing regarding Skinner's reunion with his sister. And I love Skinner's comment about the League and funerals. I can't wait to see Chapter 13
Achlys chapter 12 . 4/24/2012
You have an uncanny ability for this story. The characters are all in character, the evil man is definitely mad as a hatter, and the plot is very well written. Clearly you have done your work and research. Can't wait to read what happens next.
Artemisgirl91 chapter 12 . 4/19/2012
The team is brought together at last! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Achlys chapter 11 . 4/19/2012
For some reason it submitted my review without me finishing it.

Anywho my character was Dr. Von Alice Frankenstein, niece of Victor Frankenstein and apprentice of Harry Houdini. I like your better though.

Overall I can't wait till she finds out that he's her brother whom she believes is dead.
Guest chapter 11 . 4/19/2012
It's very interesting how people can come up with such believable characters. More so with what they'd do to have their individual gifts.

I made a league character once, not as cool as your bad guy but I thought she was fun.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »