Reviews for Beyond Family
LE chapter 16 . 6/6
AHHH I really hope there's more to the story. I'm so excited to read it.

I'm glad Charlotte apologized to Captain Nemo. The guy really gets a lot of flak (or is ignored altogether).
LE chapter 15 . 6/5
All of Edward's musings were a great joy to read. It's such a refreshing portrayal of the character. In general, I think it's hard for people to give him nuance. Everybody always says, "Ah yes, he is pure evil." Which is quite boring. At least, based on the most common interpretation of 'pure evil'. I much prefer what you've done with him.
LE chapter 13 . 6/5
I loved this dream between Henry and Edward, especially the detail to setting. I've imagined a conversation between Henry and Edward like this one, but it was about Utterson, not Mina.
LE chapter 12 . 6/5
I do love all the research you put into these details. Effort yields quality!
LE chapter 11 . 6/5
Oooh I loved this one. The suspense of when Charlotte will realize who it really is, is compelling!
LE chapter 9 . 6/5
Oh very interesting. I like the attention to detail for Skinner's fighting. The whole scene is very engaging!
LE chapter 8 . 6/5
It's never been a priority of mine, so I'm very delighted to see that I'm invested in Henry winning Mina's hand.
LE chapter 7 . 6/5
A few chapters ago, there was a bit with Henry and Edward in the library. I loved that scene. I haven't seen anybody else write one like it. I'd love to see what you'd do with Henry and Edward as a focus.
LE chapter 6 . 6/5
Normally I don't comment til the end but I love this story. I love the LXG. You've made Skinner, a character I found fine, into a really compelling figure. And you write each of the less prominent characters with great attention to detail and accuracy! I really appreciate that background research, especially with Nemo, whom so many are fine leaving as a mystery. In one of the previous chapters, Henry comments on how it would be inevitable that someone would discovery Skinner's two identities, and it was just so true to character. What I wouldn't give to see a story about Jekyll and/or Nemo in your hand. Your writing has spoiled me, as reading other stories is hard to do, without yours coming to mind. If you ever produce more LXG (or Doc Ock) content, I WILL be there.
Panic chapter 16 . 9/2/2016
Hey! I'm happy to see another chapter of this. I enjoyed seeing the first interactions between Charlotte and the rest of the League. You made them seem very authentic. Additionally, I'm loving the dynamic between Skinner and his sister, though he needs to get his act together and tell her the truth . . .

Though, it would be funny if she figured it out first and then confronted him about it.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
MayContainHyjinks chapter 16 . 8/30/2016
Dear Bookworm Gal,

Is this like a crossover from all the big classics? 20,000 leagues under the sea, sherlock holmes,

Hmm. Hasn't Lady Norbert written some stories for this fandom? Or am thinking of a different author.

This so cool! All these famous characters in the same world.

And the thief can play a mean piano. Nice.

Just like the justice league. You got some odd ball of members Nemo. Must mean most days aren't boring

Skinner has a "target of affections" in the talbot household doesn't he?

Ya know. Capt Nemo. That never going to happen. :D

Factoid was very interesting!

Get schooled by the vampric lady Talbot hahahaha

All this...because you daughters missing? Granted he's paying people to look for her but still, whats wrong with the regular police?

Oh right. Family honor and your reputation. Right.

Easy there Skinner. You're not going to make life any easier for anyone like that.

Hahaha Go Tom!

Brave maid! Can we see more of her?

Factoid continues to be fascinating.

This dual personality is really cool to read!

Can I vote aye "plan an attack on the Talbots residence" plan?

...wait wait Tom...thats a grown up Tom Sawyer is it?

Miss Kid is awesome!

*grabs torch and joins Talbot is a jerk mob*

You did a good job on the chapter! It turned out awesome!

Yo Bruce. You're totally not making me think of a bruce undercover/training for batman stuff.

Aw yea! Charlotte POV

As long as I don't own one. Cursed items are pretty cool.

Nope. Not taking that bet.

Hahahahahaha some things never change hahahaha "are we there yet"

Hahah Go Charlotte! Tell off those goons!

Eventful indeed

Well now, I'm with Skinner. Thats not normal.

Mysterious foreshadowing.

Aw snap.

Huh. Explains why some gems where used over others in stories.

(Note: Nemo and Skinner both have said/noticed the same thing. Which led you to describe the same thing twice. Also, you led up to the same event three times. Its getting just a tiny bit repetitive.)

Oh nice. Batman bat-style attack. I approve greatly xD

I kept expecting the Gem Master to spot Skinner.

Hahaha I just got an add for gemstone jewelry. I am amused.

Aw snap. I really don't like where this is going.

I was expecting Skinner to throw a haymaker and grab Charlotte and run.

Aw man. Poor Skinner.

You mentioned those lions for a reason did you. Because you were gonna have them make an appearance.

Ok ok. Hyenas not lions.

Slightly less dramatical arrival because I didn't realize he was dead but yay more awesome people!

Interesting Factoid is interesting

Huh. Underwear as a weapon...would be the first time I've seen the idea used.

Poor Henry.

Hahaha Skinner at the end! Also, waytogo Charlotte for backboneness!

Actually. Yes. I knew that about flowers. A few other stories I've read dealt with the subject.

A little freaky might be an understatement if I've learned anything about this League.

Nice fight! It was awesome! Now. I believe that Skinner and Charlotte need to have a talk

A very nice stopping point. Even though you still have some loose ends to tie up. Like Tom talking some sense into Skinner.

Thanks for the epic story so far!
-Hyjinks
Ardina Falconhurst chapter 16 . 8/29/2016
So I was reading a different story of yours and boy am I glad to have found your work. I haven't read a fanfic on LXG in such a long time, especially such great one! This story is wonderful! Your characters have so much depth and detail, they seem so real. That takes real talent. I just read the entire story and I must say I can wait for the next chapter, I was a little sad to find the end so soon. So I highly look forward to the next update.
Your villain is awesome. You can't have a good story without a great villain, or it cheapens it. And you have definitely achieved a great one here. The depth you've added to these characters is really quite something. The way you're able to write from all of their points of view really shows your skill. Because each transition, each POV, flows easily from one to the next.
And your attention to detail is impressive. I really like the little educational bits, not only does it give some foreshadowing but I get to learn cool keep up your amazing writing and I look forward to reading more of your stories!
~Pepper
Page-Mistress chapter 16 . 8/14/2016
As always, the only thing I dislike about this story are the hints for Jekyll and Hyde with Mina.

...but only because I'm so jealous. I'm crushing on him so hard.

I'm glad this story still updates at all, really. I got to meet the wonderful Tony Curran in person a few years back, and he signed my DVD cover. He even put his arm around me for a photo. Well worth the long wait it took for him to get the convention for his signing that day (knowing he was stuck in Chicago traffic was not enough to get me to leave that line)!

I've always liked this story's alternate take on the kind of background Rodney came from. It's different, but unlike the problem other authors can run into, not poorly executed.
general zargon chapter 16 . 8/11/2016
Thank you for the update. I enjoyed the chapter, and I look forward to the next one. :) This was an interesting take on Charlotte's thought processes, especially as a woman of the time surrounded by extraordinary men. :) I wish you the best of luck on your writing!
2000Aerobars chapter 16 . 8/11/2016
eeeekk I love it. especially the Nemo part - good thinking. Short and sweet but I enjoyed it. I hope for a quick update and want to say very well done. You're a great writer so keep it up! :)