Reviews for Chasing The Shadows of Who You Want To Be
Cheeky Slytherin Lass chapter 2 . 1/7/2011
Beautifully written. I could see them in my head, dancing. The joy, the love, the secret. It was wonderful. And the ending, beauty turning to sadness... It broke my heart a teensy bit.
Paper Pearls chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
That was another incredible poem, and you managed to create a lovely dynamic between the two women. I think that your portrayal of a hidden relationship during their school years was very sweet whilst being completely believable. The images of them holding hands and dancing together were beautiful, and the idea of them breaking the conventional boy-meets-girl pattern (for a little while, anyway) was consolidated nicely by the metaphor of a fairytale, which tied in nicely with the theme of love and suggested that what they had was too good to be real.

Structurally and rhythmically it was excellent. There was a certain vibrancy to this poem that made it... vivid and happy whilst being tragic in a way. The idea of neither one being able to forget or truly move on from the relationship worked extremely well. It was a pleasure to read, and I'm delighted that you're participating in my challenge. Great writing!
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
That was absolutely beautifully, both in regard to form and content. I found it to be very well characterised, in particular regarding the contrast you drew between Narcissa and Alice, and I think that the different connotations of 'princess' and 'queen' summed up the roles played by both characters during their school years perfectly. It was an excellent juxtaposition. I adored your formatting, because it made the poem eye-catching whilst furthering the contrast between the two women.

What impressed me most about it was that it was a perfectly believable scenario. The way Narcissa tried to deny her feelings was realistic, and so was the way in which you dealt with the eventuality of their marriages.

Well done! Thanks for writing such a beautiful response to my challenge.
revolution rae chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Ooh:] I like this very much. I'm a huge fan of FreeVerse. You did a wonderful job of capturing the mixed feelings and fear and desire. Lovely:D