Reviews for Post Tenebras, Lux
LaPenseur chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
This one was fun. Interesting. I am wondering what you're doing with ron, though. It seems odd to completely shut him out of the picture, but you knew that, because snape mentioned it. Seems like a good plot choice, but... Eh, I don't know.

Still, I always enjoy read your stuff. Can't wait till the next chapter.
Horseygirl7 chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
Awesome chapter! I knew she'd talk to him. I love how he said Harry had an Oedipus complex. I nearly fainted when I saw that because I have always thought the same thing, ever since I learned about Oedipus complexes in psychology class. Though I really don't like Ginny very much. She never seems to have much of a personality in the books. Please update again soon! Love you!
Our-Lady-of-Victory chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Normally I don't like Hermione/Snape pairings...but it's by you so I thought I would give it a try. So far so good. I'm interested and am looking forward to your next update!
Akira079 chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
I'm really excited to see where this is going to go. Can't wait for the next chapter!
pandamari chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Oh my, my first Harry Potter fanfic that I'm actually going to try to read. I love the actual books, but have never read much fanfic about it. Your idea sounds really interesting though, and I'm curious to see what happened to Snape! Happy holidays!
JJsMom8506 chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
I think this is definitely going to be one of my favorite stories )
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
This was interesting, very cool. Great writing and characterization. I usually don't like AU fics (I am a fan of the prologue), but how could I dislike something you write? :) Great start and I hope you post the next chapter soon!

KrisEleven~
Braindead Malfunctions chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Well.

I almost have nothing else to say.

But, almost only counts in Washers and Horseshoes, so I shall begin.

I do not know how I feel about the Snape/Hermione pairing, but I do enjoy the idea that Hermione wouldn't have necessarily ended up with Ron. As much as I love Ron/Hermione, I am unconvinced that it was more than puppy love. (Besides, I wanted Ron to find better.) I must say that I have never read a HP Fic, but I have been following your work with Pierce & Tortall, so I will follow and hope you do not lead me astray.

Now, onto charecterization. Snape's seems to be spot on, and I am eagerly awaiting more of him. Hermione's did feel... slightly false for her. It's as if you are .01 degrees off. I can't really explain, but I hope that further in the story she finds her Hermione. Harry really did feel off, but considering there was only a few lines and no body language to derive from, I get that. However, the Order's charecterization was absolutely WONDERFUL. I loved how you tied in the past and aftermath so realistically and smoothly. It was refreshing to hear truth and not fluff.

Anywho, I am intrigued by this story. (And I agree about the Epilogue... :/)

So, I bid you farewell and happy writing.
Nightzchild chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Well, you've certainly caught my interest. Please feel the urge to update soon.

Merry Christmas.
Crilila chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Ooh, so promising. What is Snape still doing there? Why is he hiding? You write a good suspense story. I want more!
Horseygirl7 chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
HI LOTEN!

You remember me don't you? I'm sure you do. I didn't know you wrote Harry Potter stories! This is awesome, Hermione/Snape is one of my favorite pairings! Please update soon! Love you!

You biggest, most loyal, most loving and adoring fan,

Horseygirl7
Euphoria123 chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
this sounds promising so far. I am curious to see how their relationship will develop. You made me laugh so much with "The Epilogue that must not be acknoledged", I totally agree with that :)
Aniloverl chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
I love you over and over again. You have written my favourite pair in tw fandoms. This sounds really cool. Keep it up.
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Does the fact that you know the wordcount mean you've already written it? I loved the start of this story, and I look forward to more. x
Ginger-Snapp chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Have to admit, I think I'm still going to be weirder out by this pairing. You're the only person I would read it for. That being said, and also prefacing this statement by saying that yes, unfortunately the characters in my head do resemble the movie characters, I can understand how one could have a thing for Snape/Alan Rickman.

You know you're a good writer, so here are the things I liked -

I enjoyed the references to the old days and the nods to what happened after. You kept it within a reasonable limit, so it was more like remembering than actually...It was good. I especially enjoyed the nod to the..what was it? "-to their collective shame." That was a great line, and very in character. Snape was very in-character as well. It was weird but easy to picture him the way you've described him. I was reminded of the incident with the boggart and Neville's grandmother in POA.

Now for my criticism. I don't think you quite captured the other characters. Harry didn't feel real. He didn't feel like Harry. He felt like a random implant you used to facilitate the plot, rather than the Boy Who Lived. I get that you don't want this story to be about him, but in the interest of realism, remember - post Wizarding War II, the world would be very much about Harry Potter, the new head of the Auror's office and great influence in the running of the improved ministry. I would have liked him to feel less like a PI and more like Harry. The same goes for Hermione, but in a different way. She did feel like a real character, just not like the real Hermione. I cant tell you much on that because I was never very good when it came to her. I don't understand her as a character very much. However, since you mad zero mention of Ron or her possible children, you really need to address what happened there.

You're dialogue always takes it. I'll have fun reading the quirky Snape comments throughout this. Yours, as always, Ginger.
4,187 | « Prev Page 1 .. 269 276 277 278 279 280 Next »