Reviews for Perspectives
Riddle Wraith chapter 11 . 2/20
I loved this and honestly despite it being labeled as Goku bashing, you really weren't wrong about him at all. Frankly, he was a really shitty father that preferred training to being with his family. Yeah, he may have been getting stronger to protect the planet but like you pointed out that wasn't always the case. The seven years he was in Other World were HIS choice as he could have been wished back at any time if he would have just LET them. Taking off and leaving the family he had ALREADY left for seven years prior to that to train some stranger, no matter who it is, is not fucking Kosher. Goku may be my childhood hero and even a former father figure of sorts but I'd have to be blind not to notice how easily he leaves his family behind without a care in the world, as if they only exist when he's around. I honestly don't understand how his canon friends, Chi-Chi and even Gohan can be so forgiving of him no matter what Goku's reasons were for being dead for seven years and then leaving when he finally got brought back permanently. The reasons he gave were stupid as hell. He had no way of knowing that evil would just leave the Earth, his friends and his family alone while he fucked off in Other World trying to get stronger for no fucking reason. And honestly, I don't remember what the deal with Uub was other than it was something to do with having the power of Buu or something but either way, he shouldn't have left his family to go train that little shit. He had already been away for seven years, and while I don't know how long he stayed before he took off this time to train Uub (in canon), I DO know that no matter what, he could have easily seen his family more even during that if he didn't consider his training more important to him than his family. In short, while I have gotten back into Dragon Ball Z (mostly because of TFS and Super admittedly), I can't see Goku as I once did. His flaws are too glaring to do that. I honestly think you were pretty spot on with him here. Anyway, thank you for the awesome read. I really enjoyed the story.
Riddle Wraith chapter 1 . 2/20
First of all, before I even finish this chapter I'd like to say THANK YOU for writing Gohan how he should have been written. He SHOULD have taken over for his father as the main character and despite his hatred for violence, he should have at LEAST kept up on his training in case anything happened in those "peaceful" years. He SHOULD have had at least SOMETHING to say about his father arbitrarily deciding not to come back to life when he didn't know for sure if evil would stop attacking Earth even if he did stay in Other World. Instead, he got weak and wasted his time studying a bunch of shit, over half of which he probably never needed. Yeah, studying is all well and good if you're learning things that will help you in a chosen career or in other ways but I'm pretty sure Chi-Chi crammed college level shit down his throat as a toddler so I'm PRETTY sure he didn't need seven years of nothing but studying and then high school (and seeing as he learned high level shit as a kid I'm pretty sure high school was useless to him anyway). Anyway, as a result of letting his training slip so badly (i.e. straight up ignoring it for seven fucking years), he was of course not strong enough to stop his own family from dying. In fact, he became one of the weakest characters in the series aside from the humans. Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty big fuck up. Can't always expect daddy to save your ass, kid. He isn't always going to be there (and frankly, if Goku has it his way he wouldn't be around much period seeing as he obviously prefers training over being with his family).
anon chapter 12 . 12/16/2016
this is perfect, a little short on the ending, but, I always thought the series skimmed over the feelings of others making them seem very 2d in regards to Goku's absences. Gohan should be feeling upset like this and having to make a family work and live by himself...so bravo for writing this as you have!
EnixFairy chapter 12 . 6/30/2015
I just finished reading your story and i have to s ay i enjoyed it very much i have read it begore to be jonest but a lot of the time im just to lazy to review ...any ways i like how you brought up finacial responsibilities in the story because not many stories bring it up ( i dont think gohan and chi chi would want to be taking hand out from the ox-king or bulma in my opinion ) i feel like thats something often forgotten so i feel that that made the story a lot better. I have alway like stories where they also mention gohan helping in raising goten or just rasing him all together because gohan would have been the father figure when goku was gone. It also annoyed me how goku could think he could just drop everything and then pick it up when ever he liked and not expect there to be repercussions...so i overall i enjoyed the stories and the points you made.
dbztomboygirl chapter 1 . 9/12/2014
I LOVE IT , I LOVE THE GOHAN AND THE PROBLEM , I LOVE EVERYTHING so nice work
Thanasi chapter 12 . 8/16/2013
I dont think you had to justify your story. You did extremely well imo! In real life if Goku kept leaving for work Gohan would have felt abandoned and if he left willingly for 7 years and then tried to make goten feel the same pain gohan felt growing up then there is no way Goku should be allowed to bond with Goten, and fuck your Gohan was right Goku did leave again to go train some kid. I loved your story so fuck anyone who said otherwise because its much more realistic then oh you left us for 7 years and didnt bother to check in with how were doing (obvious by how he doesnt know goten) so lets all be friends again and smile and be happy and ignorant. Thank you for the excellent story! I hate when Goku gets redeemed in these kinda stories cause honestly he fucked up big time and if Gohan as even close to normal he'd have snapped when he was 12 under all the pressure!
Roast Spud chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Well written, but kinda rushed. The emotions should started out small, make it just so they are uncomfortable at first instead of belligerently angry off bat. Let the feelings simmer, that way the climax would be better.
LolipopofDEATH chapter 12 . 8/31/2012
This was a real nice, well written story, and you're right, Gohan is flawed but so is everyone. Anyways, I love the different perspectives you had, it really fit well especially Goku and Gohan's. Oh, it also bothered me some when Goku decided to stay in Otherworld. He should've just came back and took care of Gohan. Um, anyways, I really liked the bond you portrayed between Gohan and Goten, it was sweet, and the whole 'Goku leaving Goten thing really got to me. How could Goku do that?! I was, however, glad that Gohan comforted Goten. And I'm sure somewhere Gohan had some unknown, pent up resentment between Goku in the Anime, and I'm sure it would've shown, but eh, that's ok. Lastly, I didn't really mind all the Goku bashing, it was all pretty much true. No hate on Goku though. Even though the character in my story was hating on Goku, I still think that we should give him some credit for atleast loving Gohan. It showed that alot, especially in the HTC. Anyways, good job with the story!
Rhyxiaon chapter 12 . 8/12/2012
I want to start out by saying that I LOVE this story. I've often felt that Gohan should have reacted in the same way you have portrayed. I love how you stayed true to their personalities and didn't give this the typical "everyone's friends again!" happily ever after. This was really an amazing piece. Wonderful...just wonderful.
guest chapter 9 . 7/21/2012
good
no face chapter 7 . 7/21/2012
really like
guest chapter 6 . 7/21/2012
really like it
Guest chapter 12 . 7/17/2012
Really, really love this story. It's so refreshing to see a different perspective about how Gohan was really feeling when Goku decided to stay dead for 7 years. I like how protective Gohan is over his family. Really good story. Definitely a fav. :)
DoYouWannaBee chapter 12 . 7/8/2012
It is a good fanfict ! I like it ! :D ! I'm gonna miss it !
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 11 . 7/4/2012
Good ending. It's kind of bittersweet. It's great that Gohan chose to stay in Goten's life which makes it even cuter at the end that Goten considered Gohan to be his father figure.

You handled the conflict between Goku and Gohan well. It's good that he was able to speak his feelings without losing his cool. Gohan made a lot of good points and it was nice that he didn't make Goku leave for Chichi's sake. The whole scene is well paced and comes across as believable.

Great work with this story.