Reviews for Let This Heart Be Still
Loves History chapter 60 . 2/8/2012
All good things must come to an end! Can't believe it's all over! It's been quite a journey - from India to England. Obadiah has been a breath of fresh air to read; it's not often the underdog who gets the girl! Hope to see more of your work soon!
Loves History chapter 59 . 2/8/2012
Home at last! It was sad reading Anna's thoughts about the son she lost shortly after meeting Obadiah - it's bittersweet really. Glad they made it hone safely and can get back to getting on with life! :)
Loves History chapter 58 . 2/8/2012
The Hakeswill's are fortunate that Catherine has connections in London and was able to find out the latest gossip concerning Sharpe! I'm sure the family will be racing to the docks once they get her letter!
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 60 . 2/7/2012
Congratulations on a fitting end for your wonderful story. The song was the perfect touch.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 59 . 2/2/2012
Yes! Obadiah wins. It is he who gets to lead a peaceful, prosperous life in England, while Sharpe ends up in France. Very ironic.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 58 . 1/25/2012
I especially enjoyed Catherine's dabbling in the fine art of espionage, spying out Sharpe's activities for the Hakeswills. Sharpe failed to make a good impression on her, it seems...
Loves History chapter 57 . 1/20/2012
It's as well that Catherine knew Obadiah as well as she did, otherwise she might well have pointed Sharpe to the docks, and told him to take the first ship to Belfast! I can just see Obadiah's face darkening when he reads Catherine's letter!

Good to see Obadiah playing it safe in Belfast! It shows a real change in his character - he's no longer just concerned about himself, but willing to put the safety of his family first.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 57 . 1/18/2012
The Sharpe charm failed to work on Aunt Catherine, it seems. Wonderful drama when he turned up on her doorstep.

Obadiah's being very cagey in Belfast. He know when to keep a low profile!
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 56 . 1/12/2012
I like the evasive trip to Ireland and all of Obadiah's groundwork to prepare his family. Sharpe doesn't have a chance!
Loves History chapter 56 . 1/11/2012
Obadiah did a good job at explaining why the family had to up and move. Barry was ready to slice Sharpe from nose to navel - it'll be something that will stay with Obadiah, knowing that his son would be ready to defend him. Hopefully getting out of England will increase their chances of Sharpe never finding them! And so the family have touched down in Belfast...pretty awesome place if you ask me!

Looking forward to more.
Loves History chapter 55 . 1/11/2012
The Hakeswills are going to Ireland - nice place ;) On another note, I'm glad to see that Anna was understanding and was able to see why Obadiah had to do certain things to survive, though he was wise to keep some of what he got up to a secret...
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
Anna is very alive, very three-dimensional.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 55 . 1/4/2012
A happy family reunion, overshadowed by the need for flight. It was nice to see all the Hakeswills gathered together, and once again, Obadiah is meticulously planning how to deal with the threat of Sharpe.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 54 . 12/28/2011
I'm so glad to see Obadiah home and safe! It's been quite an adventure, his tour of Spain. I hope he's brought home heaps and heaps of plunder! Maybe some jewelry for Anna?
Loves History chapter 53 . 12/28/2011
Obadiah got away, do da, do da! I can just see Sharpe's face when he sees that empty cell! This was another great chapter! Keep them coming!