Reviews for Get Over Yourself
USAFChief chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
...and a mighty good job you made of it, too!

That was almost poetic in its beauty - a very thoughtful thank you to a couple of young girls halfway round the world.

pdf
Mezzo Beev chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Very cute. I like your jogging angels of mercy. Tony continuing to use the cane to remind himself to behave is totally credible. I’ve done a similar thing with an arm injury. The brace would remind me to not do things I shouldn’t - or at least stop and think about what I’m about to do - even when I was past the point of needing it for normal activities.
Arghannapotter chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
This is brilliant.

Seriously, my best friend and I are exactly like that: we fight a lot, but in the end we stay friends, and that's that.

So, this is absolutly true and you are awesome for writing it.

And now I'm of to convince her to read a fanfic even thought she's annoying and doesn't like it.
fredcymraes chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
most perceptive re Tony, good, good wishes to you
TesubCalle chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
I got interrupted mid-way through reading this two nights ago, so apologies for the lateness of the review.

Aha! Another acronym for Tony to add to his lexicon. GOY is like a verbal version of a Gibbs-slap: "Get over yourself!" WHAP!

Don't worry about being 'self-indulgent' with this one. This was all very much in-character for Tony (in my opinion). One could ask oneself "What is a friend?" and not come up with a complete answer if they had eternity to ponder. It's one of life's essential, unanswerable questions.

Tony's struggle with his worthiness is one we all struggle with from time to time (and those who don't also need to GOY). It's not a confidence thing all the time - it's a humility thing, too.

Loved how easily the two teens slipped into the roles of physiotherapist and psychotherapist. The doctors are in! Especially loved when Cassie remarked that Tony wasn't strange, he's a fed. LOL. Their antics and melodramatic declarations of undying friendship and affection were just right. These girls live the spirit of GOY to the max, and aren't too inhibited to show it to the world - or to a not-strange federal agent who needs to imbibe GOY a little more than he has.

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to that promised one-shot...
Belker chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
*I've lost my CORD* Poor Tony! And it's so weird that we all understood his cry :)

*Why couldn't he accept help when it was offered? It wasn't an isolated incident… he was always doing it...keeps them at arms length. He likes them… but he can never quite believe that they like him.* This is so very sad. The two girls really set him straight, didn't they? I loved their honest, "we don't know why we're friends, we just are!"

Lovely friendship fic, and I hope Tony got a good bit of love when he reached the yard... ;)

/Belker
Laine3112 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I could no more call myself an expert on human behaviour than fly in the air but I know this - rarely do people bother with a relationship that gives them nothing!

So if Tony or if Scouse is wondering just what people see in them, the answer is simple - it's what they give back to others that makes them feel special. That's what friends do and you do that in spades!

That's also why there are so many people (myself included)rejoicing in your wonderful news and admiring the way you faced and conquered such an insidious disease. You go, girl!
Ann chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I loved it.

I hope that you are feeling better now. I know what it's like to live with a disease that may kill you since I have something that I was born with. It's been slowly getting worse. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
First of all, phenomenal work! This was so beautifully written! Second, you nearly had me in tears because yes, that is what friendship is all about! Third, I'm so glad to hear you're doing okay! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you have a very merry Christmas! And a happy new year, of course!
sarahsrr chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Definitely one of my favorites from you. Just glad you'll be okay. I know from experience of how terrifying of an ordeal it can be. But you're back and doing fine it seems.

And a great finish to the wonderful story from Bunny. You both are such gifted writers.

I liked Ziva reflecting on Tony with the cane and how much he wanted to be out running. And wearing good jeans and his expensive shoes to remind him to take it easy as Ducky said.

I liked that Tim was trying to think like Tony as he was on desk duty. And CORD was good and loved that McGee was trying to connect the random dots on the case. But only Tony does it the best. And poor Tony is itching to get back to work and offers to walk Mrs Capwell down the ladder after going with McGee so she could change her statement yet again. Yet Tony insisted and got anotherbad cramp . But her statement was changed and they got back even though Tony would never admit to the weakness and the pain.

And the young women commenting on Tony and being in pain. Loved the help on getting rid of his cramp by the pretty women. And his comment about the habit of jumping on strange men in the park. Even with the best of intentions. Loved the exchange with the two girls. And GOY get over yourself was great!

Wonderful wonderful job. And have a great Christmas!

Sarah
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Wow. I wish I could describe how deeply this piece touched me and how much I appreciate what you've done, but my words have eluded me. This was beautifully written and super in-character, first of all. Your Tony was perfect. You put into words EXACTLY how I see him ("So… he teases, and keeps them at arms length. He likes them… but he can never quite believe that they like him." -One of my favorite lines).

And it went flawlessly with my (albeit much lesser quality) story. I'm truly honored that you wrote this wonderful follow-up. The simple truths and life lessons contained in this will always stick with me (as cheesy as that sounds).

Cassie and Twink...Brought tears to my eyes, no joke. Still welling up a bit, in fact. I have no adequate phrasing to express how moved I was by your portrayal. It means a lot, Scouse. Infinitely much.

Thank you for creating this work of art. I'll be reading it over and over for months and years to come!

Love always and forever,

Bunny
CSIGeekFan chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Wonderful story, and congratulations.
diana teo chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
And thus speaketh wisdom from the ages...;p

Beautiful character piece that had me choked up at the part where the lovely young lady was dispensing her little gem to the mention of his CORD,too.

You have a wonderfully solid family of friends in heart feels full of the goodness of mankind to bursting,sappy,emotional me that I am...
Proseac chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Well, Scouse, you've managed to find some fresh insight into Tony's character, as usual. Lovely little vignette!

And as for it being an allegory of your own introspection, all I can say is, right back at ya! You've been a tremendous support as I go through this difficult time with my Mum, and I only regret that I couldn't have been there more for you these past 3 months.

Love ya! ::HUGS::
vanishingp2000 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This is wonderful and it's great to see you back! I love Tony's breaths of fresh air, they spoke with great wisdom but sometimes it's the young that can see the obvious that we fail to see as we get older. Tony has no reason to question himself and neither do you! Much love, VP.