Reviews for He Who Fights Monsters
Aislynn chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Finnick seen by someone who has no reason to adore him... great fic, and well written, too! You get the tone of the narator just right; reasonable, not too educated, and with that touch of desparation due to the situation. Absolutely believable. I also like the way you describe the volunteer process at district four: some training for kids who might have it in them to survive the Games because they are good at sports, and some social pressure to stand up and volunteer if somebody is reaped who is unlikely to survive for long. It makes the volunteering system more than plausible... and then they get somebody like Odair.

Of course, given that we know what price he paid for winning, in the long run Mo has been revenged...

Applause and chapeau!
Clove1113 chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
I've read freedom, and this fits in purfectly! I wish someone would write an alternat ending to the 65 games whare Sapphire wins. It would be nice to see Cashmere and her reunion. Great writing!
HungerGamesLoverr chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Incredible. Just awesome. Altough I love Finnick and I kinda feel bad for him being portrayed like this, I loved your story/one shot. I think the fact that it's from Mo's POV makes it all more real. I love your work, keep writing!
Hi10000000 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Dundunduuuuuunnnnn...

Something's gonna happen.

Something nasty.
Ruining Hopes and Dreams chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I love Finnick, I do, but it was interesting to see this portrayal of him. I think you did it really well.

Mo's voice was interesting, I could actually see inside her head.

Amazing.

~Hannah~
Zarosian chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
That went by fast. Still pretty good.
nina chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
wow, i really liked your character's voice.

the different take on finnick was interesting and refreshing, too. still loved him.
Phoenix Refrain chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Whoa! It was very well written, but it kind of gets to me to see him that cold and vicious, you know? I don't know if that's really how I'd see him being?

Johanna now...But I still lover her lol
LightTheWay333 chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
The ending was kinda spooky and all I can say is poor girl. What was her name, anyways?
unoimmomsdaa chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Loved the way you did this. I always think people portray Finnick as too nice / too much of a victim in fanfic, so this was refreshing. Can I feature this on my HG Tumblr?
Ociana chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
That was so awesome, even though I think finnick is so awesome as well. Especially after mockingjay.
Ociana chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Wow. What a cool story. Let me just say, I'm sitting alone in my basement at midnight, and the ending really freaked me out. After the less than loving portral of Finnick throughout, that horror/suspense ending made my skin crawl, because I was pretty sure nightmare-Finnick with his trident was standing behind me. (He wasn't ;) ) Anyway.

I adore the voice you give your narrator. Homosexuality doesn't seem to get dealt with much in THG, but you did a nice job, both with Mo's bisexuality and her relationships - I really loved the interaction with Johan. Then, the saga of the arena, though brief, was really enjoyable, especially since I've followed Caisha's Beauty/Illusion of Freedom, and thus pretty much knew Sapphire and how this would turn out. And kudos to you on such a great ending! You had the perfect slow reveal as you allowed the reader to figure out at last where Mo is, who she's talking to, what her situation is ... Plus, total scare factor. I don't think fanfiction has ever terrified me before ;) Wonderful oneshot!
PK9 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
You warned me, this is a very different portrayal of Finnick. Actually, its a different portayal of District 4 than I am used to. But it's still really good.

I was confused at first because I kept thinking the girl was Sapphire, but then I eventually realized that this is the D4 tribute, Sapphire was the D1. Silly me.
lilithfaire chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
This is excellent. Finnick is my favorite, and I love this portrayal of him. Its so creepy and wonderful! I also love the writing style and the way you have made Mo into her own character. Wonderful