Reviews for Sweet Escape
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I think a lot of people have difficulty with Katie's childishness and Carl's work ethic; it's easier to find overblown caricatures of the two than genuine stories about them as characters. Unsurprisingly, you delivered the latter perfectly. :)

With pleasant sentence structure and plot twists that wind exactly where necessary and stop right when the right amount of words have been said, this is a clever and cute little short story that I think anyone looking for some Carl x Katie goodness would savor like candy. Which I think Katie would agree is a downright compliment.

Good work, and I miss your writing, Eko.
Breadaknee chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
I've never been a real fan of CarlxKatie, but I absolutely love this! It's so adorable, and Carl's ability to prattle away about nectarines makes it oh-so-better. Seriously, a fruit dictionary? I love it! :)

Awesome job!
Tozz chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
This is literally one of the best things I've ever read. Maybe it's because it's meant for me. Or because it's CarlxKatie, my current Harvest Moon OTP. Or because it contains sentences like "Punctuated by two syncopated screams, the pie made a mad dash to the floor, accompanied by the devilish hands of gravity," which is clearly the greatest sentence in the world (if you don't count all the other sentences in the fic, of course.)

I LOVE THIS. You made Carl so cute. I love his obsession with the smell of nectarines and his ability to fire off an encyclopedic description of the fruit at will. I love that "the prospect of standing and talking would only be awkward to someone like Carl." I love that he could write a novel about pies.

And those are just examples from the first part of this fic.

This was amazing. Thank you for writing it. And Merry Christmas. :)