Reviews for Under the Tree
dhh chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
The overall story is so sweet but I notice from reading your other stories and this ONE IN PARTICULAR that you seem to ignore Peter altogether..I mean, there was no HUGS or reminiscing about his own childhood when Elaine was commenting about Mark..Why is that? Do you dislike the character Peter that much?

YOU are by far thy best author when it comes to this fandom..I've read your stories first and foremost and then ventured to the other authors..MY GOD, how horrible they are. For some, their grammar and English makes it hard or non-existent to reading their stories.. It's also so messy and just down right horrible..The few I saw..
Vee22 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Must've missed this story before! A delightful take on a Darcy family Christmas and I enjoyed reading it very much. ) Thanks as always for writing and sharing these stories!
kate cee chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
so sweet! hope to see more of Andrew while growing up
Alita258 chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Such a sweet story, I like this little glances of the universe you've created with Bridget Jones. And I must admit that I love the interaction between Bridget and Mark, they make marriage look like fun.
bonapuella chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
What a wonderful Christmas treat! So sweet and adorable, absolutely fantastic!
Winter Midnight chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Awww! Love how all the men are busy building and in the background Bridget's stuffing her face. Plus Andy falling asleep on the rocking horse and his comment about Bridget's present was brilliant :)
alix33 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
"Bridget went out of the room mentioning something about a finishing touch, then returned with a giant red ribbon, which she tied around the horse's neck into a fancy bow. Mark then stood back to admire his work. He felt Bridget's hand slide across his back, then she rose to peck his cheek. "Well done, Daddy," she said affectionately. "Here, this is for you." She held up the carrot. "You get the mince pies and the brandy," he asked with mock offence, "and I get the carrot?" "You are the natural choice for the role of reindeer," she retorted. With a laugh he took it from her and began to gnaw upon the end, creating what he hoped very much could pass (in the eyes of a toddler, anyway) for the work of a reindeer's teeth. "Oh, well done again, sir," she said with due admiration as he held it up for her inspection. She then wrapped her arms around him for a lengthy, warm hug." - Hehehe.

EW, I LOATHE mince pies!

"She looked up to him. "Can we open one?" "Absolutely not," said Mark. "We let him open one, then he'll want to open more, and my parents and yours will be annoyed beyond reason if that happens before they get here." "I mean me and you," she said. He chuckled. "If we do then he'll want to." She pouted. "This whole 'setting a good example' thing is sometimes for the birds." He chuckled," - Hehehe.

"Nick walked to where Andy still stood, then crouched beside him. "Andy, my boy, are you hungry?" He shook his head. "I had a chocolate, Uncle Nick." "You had a chocolate, did you?" he asked, looking accusingly at Mark. "Who gave you a chocolate?" "I gave it to me," he said. "I got it out of my stocking from Father Christmas." He looked to his great uncle. "He brought Mummy a pretty nightgown, though it's really small and doesn't look very warm to sleep in at night." "Father Christmas did?" Nick looked to Mark with a knowing smirk. Bridget covered her reddening face with her hand. "So much for that." "And what did Father Christmas bring for your father?" Nick asked. "Some stinky cream because he's old." At this Bridget burst out into a little laugh, then explained what the balm was for. "So your daddy's old, is he?" asked Nick good-naturedly, taking Andy by the hand as he rose to his full height. "If he's old, then what am I?" "A dinosaur, like a T Rex!" At this they all started to laugh. "Old and fierce: that sounds about right," chuckled Peter." - Hehehe.

"Mark! Bridget! Look, how sweet!" Pam's hushed yet excited voice drew their attention towards her, then to where she was pointing: Andy was on the rocking horse, leaning forward against the horse's head, and was fast asleep, his thumb tucked into his mouth. "Poor little lamb," said Elaine. Mark felt his mother put her hand on his arm. "That brings back memories. Seems like only yesterday I was watching you knock off under the tree at that age." He heard Bridget chuckle." - AW!
nikje chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Aaaahhhhh...

Perfect story to get us in the christmas spirit!

I love your stories with Nick & Peter.

Thank you, and a very merry Christmas!