Reviews for Lights
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 9 . 3/26/2013
Ok. Firstly so so so so sorry this review is late. Secondly this is a great chapter. I like the writing so very much... as for Charles... an interesting character. (But I am so with Marik on the whole killing him thing, if only for the reason that Leanne was innocent of the whole thing) I really want to know what you plan to do with him. Very nice job with this.

Update soon? :)

TDH
Ataahua chapter 4 . 5/12/2012
The motorbike thing was soooo cute, and I laughed out loud when he was confused as to how to ride it.

Poor Marik. A horrible dream...and on top of that, throwing up, which is no fun at all.

Yay for Odion! I love the bond between them both. :)
Ataahua chapter 3 . 5/12/2012
I like how he got the clothes...specifically The Top. O_O Hahaha. Awkward that he stripped in front of her though.

I really like your writing style! :D
Ataahua chapter 2 . 5/12/2012
Ooooh. This is very interesting. That poor man, though. He was kind to Marik. :(

I'm wondering where Odion is at this point... I guess I'll find out further on. :)
Ataahua chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
I saw this story linked on a Yu-Gi-Oh! Facebook group by a friend of mine (known as The Duelist's Heiress here on FFN).

An interesting first chapter. I notice that his meeting with Shadi is different to the actual show, but I assume that is intentional of course. :)

You have a well-structured writing style - it pulled me right into the story. Excellent job so far for your first story!

-Ataahua
6teenana1 chapter 9 . 2/21/2012
Yay! You're back! And it's totally cool about the late update, I don't mind. This was a great chapter! And I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but you write Marik so well! I've been hunting around looking for good Marik stories, OC, yaoi, whatever, and I've found, like, three that actually have him in character. Yours is the best by far, though. I can't wait for the next chapter! :)
Aqua Girl 007 chapter 9 . 2/21/2012
Yay! You updated.

Personally, I think Marik had dissoative identy diorder, so he wouldn't be able to interact with Malik like that. But this a fic, so anything goes.

I liked how Marik tried to save that girl's life. He was pretty cool then.

Also I give you bonus points for making thr yami "malik" you have no idea how annoying it is for me when people call him Marik.
Anshu chapter 6 . 8/21/2011
Quite the power packed chapter! He thinks he is in control but he’s not. Excellent!
Anshu chapter 5 . 8/21/2011
Hi! I’m sorry I couldn’t review this earlier. Anyway here’s my feedback for this chapter.

Your depiction of Marik’s inner struggle, split personalities, had been a highlight so far. Right from the beginning, his constant curiosity and the negations to get them have been very captivating. The realism of how he feels and how he wants to feel is simply amazing. It’s true that Odion was always a calming influence on Marik. Odion was the only one who could contain and lock his dark side. Not many writers give credit or write Odion in that light, but you did. That element added to the overall originality of the story. And hence this story stands out. It shows how accurate your research is... an admirable trait in a serious writer.

I can’t conclude this review without complimenting you on the following. You wrote and I quote: ‘That day, I was washing away the last of my innocence.’ Wow! Just wow!
Anshu chapter 4 . 8/19/2011
Nicely done!
Anshu chapter 3 . 8/19/2011
The concept was 65 years old woman grabbing him was quite amusing. Obviously, those were just his fears and easily discarded. I admire the outline of your plot. You’ve established Marik in two minds with an ease not many can muster. He is constantly influencing his own actions without a hint or clue... and that’s the deep character beauty of his twisted side. Now, that regalia is complete... I wonder where his destiny takes him. Damascus is a very beautiful city by the way!
Anshu chapter 2 . 8/19/2011
The nervous escape of a 15 year old, his struggle to survive and the constant inner waging battle was very stimulating to read. I cherished the end... ‘Control. Use. Find. Control.’ His inner darker self is controlling him to control the others. Brilliant effort on your part for writing Marik with such grace.
Anshu chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Ah! The fragment of darkness is eager to merge with light! His dark side is born and the details to its birth were accurate. I shuddered at the scene of a cold blade digging in his back. It’s the height of monstrosity... and by the hands of his father! Now that I think of it, I don’t recall Marik missing or talking about his mother ever. But that yearning or that faint ache to know what she was like... was a brilliant touch. An interesting start!
6teenana1 chapter 8 . 8/16/2011
this story is great! but you better update often, otherwise i might die waiting. marik is my favorite character and it's s hard to find a story about him that isnt romance.
phanpiggy chapter 8 . 8/12/2011