Reviews for Harry Potter: An Education
SaiyaCat chapter 5 . 8/16
Awsome Sauce!
What the hell just happened?
LadyPhoenix68 chapter 8 . 2/12
I am enjoying reading this but one suggestion: Put in a line, extra carriage returns, or some other marker when you shift scenes or locations. Even starting the new paragraph with "Later that day", "the next morning" or something to make the change flow.

The story seems jerky when I read a paragraph of dumbledore preparing to work with harry on dueling and the very next without any sort of transition is harry speaking to the twins.
Wassa110 chapter 1 . 2/8
Sorry, but hagrids thinking proccess reminds me of mycroft in sherlocks mind.
hdres chapter 2 . 1/13
Interesting story. I like the different start. I don't think I would have trusted Ollivander with millions of galleons worth of books but let's see how it works out.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 14 . 9/12/2016
... what? I ask again, what? No wonder the story died and stayed dead. This here ladies and gentlemen is a tutorial in "how to kill a story". A perfect example of why an author should think through how his plot is supposed to work out, start to end. Instead of winging it chapter by chapter. With no clear goal in sight a cock-up like this is liable to happen. You should not go totally off topic in the middle of story and completely destroy all you have built last 12 chapters.
marylou chapter 4 . 7/19/2016
This is a good story, but some of the paragraphs are a bit long, and it can be hard to read.
Honestly don't you two read chapter 7 . 7/8/2016
You lost me, you killed it for me.

I enjoyed the difference with having Olivander help Harry, even though I do not approve of him reading his mind without being allowed.

The long loong passages detailing all these facts about the wizarding world etc, it was very heavy and tiring to get through.

It seemed that Harry became much older very quickly after arriving at hogwarts, the way he acted and spoke. But this chapter ruined it. He is 11 and he might be learning fast but I refuse to believe that he could beat Snape in a fight. Also calling Snape his most hated slur name is not something an abused and bullied kid would do, I found myself disliking Harry a lot when he called Snape that. Moreover I believe you made slytherin seem worse than normal. The house is described as the house of the cunning and ambitious, you describe it as cunning deceit and shrewdness.

Overall I do not agree with your choices. But still a good idea for something new.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/20/2016
️️️️️
Seanthiar chapter 14 . 6/6/2016
That is at no way completed
Guest chapter 13 . 5/23/2016
My god...chapter 13 was absolutely ridiculous. Must have been running out of ideas after giving him such a huge power up.
lipasnape chapter 14 . 2/21/2016
I understand losing interest in further writing, I really do. That is why I often seek completed stories. So, my one legitimate complaint is that you marked this as completed, while it is obviously abandoned. You should have at least explained this at the beginning of the first Chapter. You did not want to lose readers? Well, you did, at least me. Like Harry, I hate to be lied to and I hate to be manipulated.
That is why I will not look at any of your other stories
Guest chapter 13 . 2/15/2016
Well, that's a disappointing direction shift. While not a cannon-holic, generally prefering originality, this new Rube Goldberg combination of extraneous crises is not nearly so engaging as the plot arc before.
What did you do chapter 13 . 1/11/2016
I was with you. I liked the story. But what is this bullshit. Sorry I can't contue reading. It's like you went Rowling and allowed someone to finish your story.
harryislife chapter 14 . 10/20/2015
Really good, although I don't like Hermione. I'll definitely look at the sequel but please don't let it be a Hermione ship, she is irritating and she has serious superiority issues. Besides people don't end up with the first person they had a crush on in real life. I'd much prefrr Susan Bones