Reviews for Harry Potter: An Education
mary lou chapter 4 . 7/19
This is a good story, but some of the paragraphs are a bit long, and it can be hard to read.
Honestly don't you two read chapter 7 . 7/8
You lost me, you killed it for me.

I enjoyed the difference with having Olivander help Harry, even though I do not approve of him reading his mind without being allowed.

The long loong passages detailing all these facts about the wizarding world etc, it was very heavy and tiring to get through.

It seemed that Harry became much older very quickly after arriving at hogwarts, the way he acted and spoke. But this chapter ruined it. He is 11 and he might be learning fast but I refuse to believe that he could beat Snape in a fight. Also calling Snape his most hated slur name is not something an abused and bullied kid would do, I found myself disliking Harry a lot when he called Snape that. Moreover I believe you made slytherin seem worse than normal. The house is described as the house of the cunning and ambitious, you describe it as cunning deceit and shrewdness.

Overall I do not agree with your choices. But still a good idea for something new.
️️️️️
Seanthiar chapter 14 . 6/6
That is at no way completed
My god...chapter 13 was absolutely ridiculous. Must have been running out of ideas after giving him such a huge power up.
lipasnape chapter 14 . 2/21
I understand losing interest in further writing, I really do. That is why I often seek completed stories. So, my one legitimate complaint is that you marked this as completed, while it is obviously abandoned. You should have at least explained this at the beginning of the first Chapter. You did not want to lose readers? Well, you did, at least me. Like Harry, I hate to be lied to and I hate to be manipulated.
That is why I will not look at any of your other stories
Well, that's a disappointing direction shift. While not a cannon-holic, generally prefering originality, this new Rube Goldberg combination of extraneous crises is not nearly so engaging as the plot arc before.
What did you do chapter 13 . 1/11
I was with you. I liked the story. But what is this bullshit. Sorry I can't contue reading. It's like you went Rowling and allowed someone to finish your story.
harryislife chapter 14 . 10/20/2015
Really good, although I don't like Hermione. I'll definitely look at the sequel but please don't let it be a Hermione ship, she is irritating and she has serious superiority issues. Besides people don't end up with the first person they had a crush on in real life. I'd much prefrr Susan Bones
snowyassas1n chapter 5 . 9/26/2015
while I like the story its taking wayyyyy to long to get to hogwarts
Saissa chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
I'm pretty sure that Tom (from the Leaky Cauldron) is a squib in canon - which means he most likely does not have enough magic to use a wand to place silencing charms on the door.
misherukuro chapter 14 . 9/4/2015
Thanks for the read. ~,~
Guest chapter 2 . 8/18/2015
I'm not sure if I like your stories because you are a red Sox fan or because of your premise, but keep up the good work!
Commander Riker chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
I like this!
reader1writer1 chapter 5 . 8/4/2015
Some of Harry's responses (to Mme Bones, for instance) seem outrageously flippant for an 11 year old newbie, but in general, your explanations clear up a lot of potential sticking points. Well done :)