Reviews for The House that Greed Built
This is a wonderful heart wrenching story.
three-golden-mockingjays chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This was so powerful and I love it. Especially the bit about the tributes being Snow's unwilling soldiers, with their red 'badges' of courage. That was incredible. Wow.
Good job!
xx - L.
Rivergift chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Amazing! The repetition had a good effect and I love the turnaround at the last line; house to home, greed to love, the Rebellion achieved its dream. Wonderful work!
phlogiston chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Holy crap you gave me shivers. This is a fantastic story, it builds little by little and now it;s just fantastic. I loved it
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Absolutely fantastic. That's all I can say. The shift from Snow's house of greed at the beginning to the young family's (whom I assumed was Katniss and Peeta, but could really be anyone) house of love at the end was done with breathtaking symbolism and heartwrenching detail. The part about the children who die in the games being the soldiers who don the red uniforms to protect Snow was an especially brilliant yet chilling comparison. Favorited, definitely.
Kate of Carlay chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This is an amzing piece. I love stories that have been incorporated in things like old nursery rhymes, I think they have a creepy effect on them but it makes it have such an amazing feel to it as a whole.

Personally I found nothing to con crit about in this, and I read through it twice, plus the reviews. I agree with what others said about the typos.

Amazing work. I'm going to predict a victor on this.

Claratrix LeChatham chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
I just checked the videos, and, I must say, you did a wonderful job adapting the poem to the Hunger Games universe. It was a fantastic piece, and you really stayed with the 'children's book' feel of the verse.

I could imagine Delly reading this, as a teacher, to a group of new students- them knowing every word of it. What a sweet image.

You've written a lovely piece. Congratulations. c:

Penelope Wendy Bing chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Wow. That was really good. I'm not familiar with the rhyme, but it was still interesting to read the altered version. The closing in particular was really strong. I'd say that and the fifth section were my favorite parts.

There were one or two typos, but definitely nothing too bad, nor too numerous. Good job on that!

-P.W. Bing
koalakoala chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Wow. That was pretty amazing. I used to love books like those, and how you incorporated that kind of format into this was lovely. I particularly like how it goes from "house" all the way into "home," which was kind of cheesy, but effective. :)

There were a lot of small errors I noticed, mainly in spelling. Like "sould" instead of "soul" and "who's" instead of "whose." Nothing too obvious, though.
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
I really like how you've followed the nursery rhyme motif, and the entire story feels like the kind of fable you'd read in a book written for children. Very nice work.