Reviews for From the Ashes
CinderDiamond chapter 1 . 8/30
I have just started reading and I'm still at the beginning of this NOVEL. But the chapters that I've read so far are so amazingly well written, wow. It feels like a real book to me, like as if I've never known the game but am only discovering the story now ... It's a shame I didn't come across this any sooner. I can't wait for Leliana/Arthur relationship to blossom and I can't wait - and I mean I CAN'T, I have to restrain myself before I spoil everything - to find out whether or not Arthur survives and will have future adventures or. Now before I indluge in more reading, Thank you so much for writing this, it is greatly appreciated!
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 10/11/2014
i hope im wrong, but arthur already seems like a bit of a gary stu
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
its a bit morbid for bryce to talk about his second son ruling considering what fate that implies for fergus
Guest chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Arthur sucks for the one his reddish hair sounds a clown, dark hair is better, Arthur is a suck hero but aedan cousland is the best name and hero to be remember
Shadow Tricked chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
good story just not my thing is all, I loved morrigan and in witch hunt my warden ( a cousland) went with her to raise the child together. he was a full paragon hero and she changed from the careless bitch to a woman in love, so much more than what your story basically tells about her. their son is destined for greatness not through an evil path in my opinion, the way she was treated through out the story really irked me but I stuck through to the end. just my opinion is all still a great read thanks
Shadow Tricked chapter 36 . 11/10/2013
I am enjoying the story so far except that I'm a morrigan fan.. kinda seems like you dislike her.. she was my romance in most of my play through's
Ezkutu chapter 68 . 9/17/2013
(...) Wow! Just wow! Took me 3 days to finish reading but DAMN if it wasn"t worth it. You made your fic as epic as the game that inspired you, if not more. Wonderful adaptation of the game, I love how you've filled the "blanks" between missions that existed in the game. Now for the sequel...
TheProwler chapter 68 . 8/2/2013
i wish i could have found this story sooner what an amazing story i loved it the circle of magi the deep roads the landsmeet and the final battle was my favorite story arcs in this story also i enjoyed how you included some of the other origins in this story that was clever and original i just wished that you didnt kill arabella but it made so much sense in how you did it and it really surprised me i was like whaaaaaaaaat overall great story i hope to see more of arthur cousland's story
jarrettadamsn3rd chapter 68 . 7/12/2013
Beautiful, brutal, and well-written, I view this as superior to the game! My only problems with the writing is that Arthur can be a little long-winded, but other than that, perfect!
JSouth chapter 37 . 5/28/2013
Quote from Adpetes Astartes, very nice! Loved the story, best fanfic that I have read!
jedimaster01 chapter 68 . 5/5/2013
Its a long time since my last rewiev, but i was alway there when you uploaded a new
chapter of this great story.
Its been a long time since you started and at least its been come to a great end.
Thanks for your hard work and for your time in which you entertained us. :-)
Hoping soon for the continuing story.

Greetz Steve
Phygmalion chapter 68 . 5/4/2013
Oh, my! I FINALLY put together the connection and hints towards Authorian legend. Really, Mordred? What kind of mother names her son Mordred? It will be interesting if/when he ever meets his half-sibling.

Congratulations on finishing this story! Kudus, Author, and Bravo! I'm looking forward to you doing Awakening. Great job, and looking forward to the next installment!
MysticGohan88 chapter 68 . 5/3/2013
And so we come to the end...

Wow, that was quiet a trip. I gotta say, that the ending felt abit bittersweet to be honest since despite all the victories that had been achieved by the Wardens and their friends, a lot more bad seemed to come out then good. Zevran will never be the same, Morrgain is planning some dark plot with her illigitamite son Mordred (good name btw), Flemmeth is still out and about, Arabella is gone. I suppose that their is a good about of good though, what with the Circle of Ferelden being independent, The elves are getting a better future/life, Orzammar is becoming more open minded. Still, for now its the calm before the storm...and Awakening is just around the corner..then DA2...then the Mage vs Templar war of DA3. Its probably gonna be abit before Awakening comes out, but I can wait. Im nothing if not patient (Postpostpostpostpostpost...nevermind :D). Anywho, this has been a wonderful fanfic, and I look forward to seeing more of your writing in future fanfics. Goodbye for now, and good luck dude.

PS: Just for a suggestion or pointing out, You'd do great at a Mass effect fanfic; and Id enjoy seeing what you can could up with that!
MysticGohan88 chapter 67 . 5/3/2013
Goodbye Arabella, you may be gone; but you will never be forgotten. Good end victory chapter, I think its cool how you gave out the boon rewards for all of the races rather then just one boon. Abit sad that Zevran didn't decide to stick around and hang, and Sten left without a word, but what can you do? Great chapter, and now onto the epilogue!
MysticGohan88 chapter 66 . 5/3/2013
That was a great chapter! I always kinda wondered what the aftermath was of the Battle of Denerim, I mean like immdieatly afterwards. Glad to see a good view of it. I always suspected the city was a wreck, bodies everywhere...poor Arabella..I was sorta hoping that she'd live. Heh, nice little came of the elf mage Surana. Well, Arthur may just get that happy ending that I always figured he'd get. After all the pain, suffering and fighting; Id say he deserves it. Anywho, next chapter now _