Reviews for Amid the Powers and Chances of the World
I'm crying right now. Thank you so much for writing this story.
It's wonderful, well developped.
E chapter 51 . 1/20
You may not read this, because the story was edited so long ago, but I loved it! You kept true to many things that other writers have not, and te reading was smooth. I was moved! Thank you for putting so much time into this,
E
fivellieOnQoutev chapter 51 . 1/5
I must confess. This story is truly amazing. It starts off at a slow comfortable pace, Rowanna as a character is well written in my opinion, the writer is not afraid to kill off characters, Legolas was protrayed how I felt he should come across. What makes me sad is that this story doesn't seem well known, I hAve seen stories which would make your eyes water but hAving countless reviews. Just saying. Aside from some typos, this story rocks.
Theekshana chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
Hi there! Your story was epic...but I have a doubt which was nagging me after I finished the story. Don't elves fade away when their fea mate dies? Arwen began to fade away when Arragorn died and her final resting place was at Lorien. So isn't it...kind of strange Legolas went off gallvanting to Valinor as soon as Rowanna died? Would not he feel like part of his heart was broken because Rowanna died and he feels like their is no future for him after she died? After all the power of love is much stronger than any other desire. Please don't get me wrong...I'm not flaming just having some doubts unanswered and are they not being renuited once more?
Wowed chapter 49 . 7/18/2016
Thank you so much for adding this gem to the fan fiction community! I loved readin it so much that I have stayed up until the wee early hours of the morn'n readin it until the end. It is so beautifully writ, and the way you wove Rowanna into M-e is brilliannt. It is a joy to find a good OC in M-e that isn't from another land of some sorts or a tenth walker. I love the way you paint Legolas, he truly comes to life. And Rowanna, oh Rowanna is so brilliant! I can't get enough of her! I adore the way Rowanna and Legolas have such n amazing rhyhm and dynamic. At first the way they walked the blurry line bteew closest friends and almost lovers drew me in faster than I could read the net page. And then you found a way to write the problem of Elf and human without breaking the story, it was hard to read, watching them like that, but you did very well. And to be honest, the epilogue was the first and probably only fanfic to make me cry.
Linnie chapter 49 . 3/10/2016
What an epic tale! I loved all of this. Part of me wishes I didn't read the epilogue because it is so sad, maybe sadder than it could have been... I like to think Legolas had already mostly made peace over the years with what would happen, and that Rowanna held on up until Aragorn's passing so that Legolas had someone. So glad that Gimli was there at the end! And I like to think that once he reached Valinor he could meet up with all his old friends and I know he would be happy again.

And also despite the last line, I like to think Rowanna had made other friends who would watch over her grave, since there were no children. Maybe she was close to Eowyn's children. They should have had children! And poor Arwen *sniff sniff*. Why did Tolkien have to make it all so tragic?

This was so well written and I liked your version of Legolas. He had some great one-liners like when they reunited in Ithilien and she asks him why he was there, his answer was something like - "I am a wood-elf. This is a forest." lol he made me laugh a lot!

Since I am still so sad at the ending, I think I will have to read more of Rowanna's stories with Legolas. Thanks for the great tale!
Linnie chapter 33 . 3/6/2016
My last review didn't seem to be posted from a few days ago. I'll try again.

I'm really loving this well written story. As it heats up, I feel like I am there with Rowanna in Minas Tirith. I was surprised when those two actually shared their first kiss. Not expecting it right then, and was the best 'first kiss' scene I have read in any story. I would have been just as happy if they were only friends because I love their warm friendship.
Linda chapter 12 . 3/4/2016
Hi, I downloaded your story onto my ebook yesterday and, though I don't usually review stories, I had to say how much I am loving the freshness of this. It reads as though I genuinely don't know what will happen next because it isn't written in an obvious way, no badly executed hints of what is coming, and not written like a teenage drama. Very nicely done story with an organic feel to it, not forced or over the top. I shall enjoy reading to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 49 . 1/2/2016
Well, reading this was a journey almost as perilous as the Fellowships Quest. You have ripped my heart out and put it through the grinder. Thankyou.

What have you done to me!
Oh my god, Legolas! I want to cry.
Santiel chapter 51 . 10/27/2015
I'm not much for leaving reviews normally. But your story was breathtaking. Thank you for writing it. You truly have a gift.
desertbaby09 chapter 49 . 6/17/2015
You are an absolutely amazing author! Why don't you publish?
Julie010588 chapter 49 . 4/16/2015
I've just finished your story. It is beautiful.
Thank you for sharing it.
goldenpuon chapter 41 . 12/28/2014
I really feel for Rowanna and Legolas! In most canon character/OC stories, it seems that the two characters in love shut out the world to a degree or just that the story revolves mostly around them. The opposite seems to be happening here. It seems friends and acquaintances and people are shutting out Rowanna and Legolas out due to superstitions, rumor, and prejudice. This is interesting, deep, and very sad. I glanced briefly at the reviews for the coming chapters and this may be a taste of what is yet to come. It takes a lot for a story to impact me, but I must say you are well on your way to doing that! :)

I also feel Rowanna's pain at being a woman in Middle Earth, being questioned when she wants to do traditionally-masculine activities, (out of custom or otherwise) others insisting on escorting her many places, and of course the jests directed at her regarding a Legolas. I feel that this is often left out or overlooked and reminds me why being a woman of the race of Men may not be so fun.

I definitely feel that Legolas and Rowanna (and myself) didn't think too much of others' opinions and social norms when they first established their friendship and then romance. They both are most certainly experiencing its consequences now and (hopefully) not regretting it. I really hope to see a happy eventual ending because it seems (especially for Rowanna) that both are growing more isolated. If they cannot be together, with Rowanna's name growing ever more soured, the list of people they can turn to (Rowanna most here) starts to grow slim. I hope the Fellowship would defend them if need be! With Aragorn marrying Arwen and also having to adapt to living in a walled city opposed to the wild would I imagine, definitely be able to understand their plight!

You have captured the obstacles, journeys and sorrows of all the characters beautifully! Awesome work!
goldenpuon chapter 38 . 12/27/2014
I greatly enjoyed this chapter! Legolas and Rowanna's sneaking around to spent time with one another was cute, as was the subtle and mischievous way that Legolas was teasing and flirting with Rowanna! The forced bows and balls Ithildis in part ensured made their encounters all the happier and funnier in my opinion. Still, I feel for Rowanna and Legolas in how their duties interfere with spending time together. They are being separated again for many weeks unbeknowst to Aragorn. That does make everything a whole lot more believable and ramps up the drama and emotional stakes. I have seen many cannon character/OC fanfiction where once the characters fall for each other, they have all the time in the world together with very little interference or even interaction with other characters. As always, fantastic job!
goldenpuon chapter 34 . 12/27/2014
As I said in my last review, I really love this story! It is sweet and heart-wrenching and dramatic. Never is there a dull moment! The characters are dynamic and believable. All of this feels very true to Middle Earth! That said, I greatly enjoyed the moment Rowanna and Legolas spent together in the last chapter. Their words to one another were extremely deep and sweet. They most definitely have a strong, genuine connection which feels very natural!

My apologies if this comes off as nitpicky (which it well may be) and if I cause any offense. I have some constructive criticism. This story is far better written than I or I imagine most LOTR fans could write, so please know it has no standing on your story as a whole. I feel that Rowanna's mother shows only mild to moderate concern for what her daughter has endured on her behalf and how she is faring. She of course does express some concern and seems like a very tough woman who may not show much worry, but I find it slightly strange considering how strong her relationship with Rowanna has been shown to be. This may be just me. In case it wasn't though, I thought it might be helpful to point out. :)

I am very fond of Rowanna as a character. Rarely do I read about an OC that I like much or is as well-rounded as Rowanna. Though she gets upset as any person would when she hears tragic news, I must say that her mental resilience is great! Despite all the horrors and trauma she has gone through, she always pulls forward and does not give up hope even when it seems there is little. Her plights and emotions feel like-like and I love how she gets courage and the strength to go on from Legolas's words! You captured the horrors of battle she watched from afar and shed light on an unseen part of the Battle of the Hornburg: what the healers and other people within the walls of Minas Tirith endure as they anxiously waited for the outcome of the battle to be made clear.

Fantastic job! I eagerly continue to read on!