Reviews for Amid the Powers and Chances of the World
Megamoo chapter 4 . 12/7/2017
This is awesome! I love how you write so similarly to the book and use lore and actual events to support your story!
eschscholzia chapter 51 . 5/5/2017
I don't know if you'll get this review, because the story is so old, but thank you ever so much for this story. I stumbled on it by accident, and couldn't put it down. I have stayed up way too late two evenings in a row reading under the covers or on my breaks at work. I loved how carefully all the parallels were constructed for the characters. My favorite scene was when Legolas calls upon the townhouse and charms them with his best manners, like an elven Mr Darcy, and Rowanna knows he's not like that at all. Bravo!
AndurilofTolkien chapter 51 . 4/21/2017
love
Guest chapter 49 . 3/7/2017
I'm crying right now. Thank you so much for writing this story.
It's wonderful, well developped.
E chapter 51 . 1/20/2017
You may not read this, because the story was edited so long ago, but I loved it! You kept true to many things that other writers have not, and te reading was smooth. I was moved! Thank you for putting so much time into this,
E
fivellieOnQoutev chapter 51 . 1/5/2017
I must confess. This story is truly amazing. It starts off at a slow comfortable pace, Rowanna as a character is well written in my opinion, the writer is not afraid to kill off characters, Legolas was protrayed how I felt he should come across. What makes me sad is that this story doesn't seem well known, I hAve seen stories which would make your eyes water but hAving countless reviews. Just saying. Aside from some typos, this story rocks.
Arwan chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
Hi there! Your story was epic...but I have a doubt which was nagging me after I finished the story. Don't elves fade away when their fea mate dies? Arwen began to fade away when Arragorn died and her final resting place was at Lorien. So isn't it...kind of strange Legolas went off gallvanting to Valinor as soon as Rowanna died? Would not he feel like part of his heart was broken because Rowanna died and he feels like their is no future for him after she died? After all the power of love is much stronger than any other desire. Please don't get me wrong...I'm not flaming just having some doubts unanswered and are they not being renuited once more?
Wowed chapter 49 . 7/18/2016
Thank you so much for adding this gem to the fan fiction community! I loved readin it so much that I have stayed up until the wee early hours of the morn'n readin it until the end. It is so beautifully writ, and the way you wove Rowanna into M-e is brilliannt. It is a joy to find a good OC in M-e that isn't from another land of some sorts or a tenth walker. I love the way you paint Legolas, he truly comes to life. And Rowanna, oh Rowanna is so brilliant! I can't get enough of her! I adore the way Rowanna and Legolas have such n amazing rhyhm and dynamic. At first the way they walked the blurry line bteew closest friends and almost lovers drew me in faster than I could read the net page. And then you found a way to write the problem of Elf and human without breaking the story, it was hard to read, watching them like that, but you did very well. And to be honest, the epilogue was the first and probably only fanfic to make me cry.
Linnie chapter 49 . 3/10/2016
What an epic tale! I loved all of this. Part of me wishes I didn't read the epilogue because it is so sad, maybe sadder than it could have been... I like to think Legolas had already mostly made peace over the years with what would happen, and that Rowanna held on up until Aragorn's passing so that Legolas had someone. So glad that Gimli was there at the end! And I like to think that once he reached Valinor he could meet up with all his old friends and I know he would be happy again.

And also despite the last line, I like to think Rowanna had made other friends who would watch over her grave, since there were no children. Maybe she was close to Eowyn's children. They should have had children! And poor Arwen *sniff sniff*. Why did Tolkien have to make it all so tragic?

This was so well written and I liked your version of Legolas. He had some great one-liners like when they reunited in Ithilien and she asks him why he was there, his answer was something like - "I am a wood-elf. This is a forest." lol he made me laugh a lot!

Since I am still so sad at the ending, I think I will have to read more of Rowanna's stories with Legolas. Thanks for the great tale!
Linnie chapter 33 . 3/6/2016
My last review didn't seem to be posted from a few days ago. I'll try again.

I'm really loving this well written story. As it heats up, I feel like I am there with Rowanna in Minas Tirith. I was surprised when those two actually shared their first kiss. Not expecting it right then, and was the best 'first kiss' scene I have read in any story. I would have been just as happy if they were only friends because I love their warm friendship.
Linda chapter 12 . 3/4/2016
Hi, I downloaded your story onto my ebook yesterday and, though I don't usually review stories, I had to say how much I am loving the freshness of this. It reads as though I genuinely don't know what will happen next because it isn't written in an obvious way, no badly executed hints of what is coming, and not written like a teenage drama. Very nicely done story with an organic feel to it, not forced or over the top. I shall enjoy reading to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 49 . 1/2/2016
Well, reading this was a journey almost as perilous as the Fellowships Quest. You have ripped my heart out and put it through the grinder. Thankyou.

What have you done to me!
Oh my god, Legolas! I want to cry.
Santiel chapter 51 . 10/27/2015
I'm not much for leaving reviews normally. But your story was breathtaking. Thank you for writing it. You truly have a gift.
desertbaby09 chapter 49 . 6/17/2015
You are an absolutely amazing author! Why don't you publish?
Julie010588 chapter 49 . 4/16/2015
I've just finished your story. It is beautiful.
Thank you for sharing it.