Reviews for Relentless
CuHnadian chapter 3 . 4/5/2012
The concept of following Shepard's life is nothing new but this is definitely one of the ones to do it right. You really captured Shepard's thoughts and mind set perfectly. I would put up a list of complaints but I don't really have any right now.

Keep it up, PEACE.

P.S. This is thinking WAY ahead but Shepard and Kasumi should have a contest to see who's the better thief.
iNf3ctioNz chapter 3 . 4/5/2012
Billy's adorable, I love it.

And wow, Remy's damn cunning, haha. I like it. Makes me think I need to make an Earthborn Shep...

Keep it up!
TheRev28 chapter 3 . 4/4/2012
Great chapter as always, Kass. I've gotta say, I was surprised to see this chapter up tonight. But hey, I'm not complaining.

So yeah, I really liked how you constantly show Remy's constant...drive, I guess is right. Her first worry is alway Robbie.

Also, mandatory "d'awww" for Billy. He seems so cute! I really hope we see more of him.

Anywho, awesome schtuff, Kass! Now that you're past what you had before, I'm really looking forward to your next chapter. Keep on keeping on!
quantumparadigm chapter 3 . 4/4/2012
Loved this chapter! Remy is so closed off, so careful, so calculating... it's not hard to see that she's intelligent and will eventually become the first human Spectre. She has amazing powers of deception to, using what people expect to see to her advantage to get what she needs. She's so resourceful!

Billy as a name for a dog is so cute, too! Oh, Robbie :) I hope they don't get found in their little haven... but they probably will, won't they? Looking forward to the next chapter!
irJess chapter 2 . 4/2/2012
I'm so glad you've come back to this story! I can't wait to read the rest!
iNf3ctioNz chapter 2 . 4/1/2012
Damn, Remy's a badass. Then again, she's eventually going to be Commander Shepard, so...kind of figures, ha.

Robbie's adorable. Nuf said.

So, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm enjoying this a lot. Especially all the time and care you're taking with Remy's background. Keep it up!
Skeasel chapter 2 . 3/30/2012
YAY I'm so glad you rebooted this story - I'm partial to renegades if you haven't noticed. :P I know I mentioned it already, but it bears repeating: This looks like the start of a wonderful piece. I'm looking forward to more! You've got a great style and paint a vivid picture. I like how you describe your Shep and her motivations. Plus the fact that you're doing a Earthborn fic is awesome. Luvin' it. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
TheRev28 chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
Very good. I read this before you rebooted the story, and I liked it even then. Now that you've fixed it up a little, it's even better.

I think you know by now that I love being able to see how Shepard grows up...but I really love seeing how Shepard grows up. Even from this one chapter, I have a good feeling about everything else. I also loved the fact that you conveyed so much of Remy and Robbie's relationship through so little dialogue.

Anywho, loved the chapter (as if that's a surprise). I can't wait for the next on! Keep on keeping on, Kass!
quantumparadigm chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
Love it! Can't wait to read the rest of the story, either. You capture the determination so well of having to survive on the streets, knowing that someone else more innocent is depending on you.

I expect great things from Remy! :) She's so hard and her strength of will is amazing.
iNf3ctioNz chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Really good. As I've constantly been telling you, haha, but positive reinforcement is always nice. So it's really good. Okay?

Loved the quotes from fallen squadmembers. Loved the tributes to those Shepard holds dear. Love the fact there's an Earthborn Shepard being written. Kaidan instead of Wrex is...acceptable. ;)

Keep it up!
quantumparadigm chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Re-reveiwing, because I love this story! (and you!)

The imagery in this chapter is so powerful, so compelling. I feel like I'm taking each step with Shepard as she punches one more bullet into the tube, remembering her friends and lovers as she does so, using them to give her strength to continue. Because, as Mordin says, sometimes the bigger picture isn't enough. We need a smaller picture to focus on, to realize why we're saving the world.

Love it!
TheRev28 chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Wonderful. Simply wonderful. I'm so glad that you've decided to reboot this story. I loved what you had up before, and I really love what you've come up with this time.

For some reason, I've always enjoyed stories that start in media res. Though in this case, you're starting at the end, not the middle. Still, the effect is an interesting one, managing to introduce a few characters while leaving many things hidden. The short snippets about Joker, Kaidan, and Anderson just make me want to learn more about them and their relationships with Shepard.

The last part with all the quotes of fallen squadmates...chilling. That she heard those voices, believing she was about to see them again soon damn near gave me goosebumps.

Anywho, this was a wonderful restart to what should be an equally wonderful story. I'm really looking forward to seeing Shep grow into the hero we all know her as. Keep on keeping on, Kass!
PinkSunset925 chapter 2 . 10/11/2011
I loved this story. I had a bit of a "Blonde Moment" when you put the OoOoOo thing. At first I was like, why would she say that? Then I realized why you put it there. I liked the story because it was very realistic. IT made you feel emotion this story. Like when we didn't know if Robbie was okay. My heart started pounding. Another job well done! :-)
S.Thyme chapter 2 . 12/30/2010
Yay, an earthborn Shep backstory! Leave it to Night to inspire authors and artists to work. I'm glad you took her advice because this piece looks like it's shaping up to be rather intriguing. I'm looking forward to more!
raconteurr chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
I am really liking this fic so far. I actually haven't read any fics that start with Shepard as a kid, so this is pretty unique to me. Update soon!