Reviews for Broken Angel
CoverGirl7210 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
This story really hits home for me because that' s a lot like mine and my fathers relationship, except I gave him my letter and still nothing has changed :-( great story though.
CelestialSonata7 chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Aaaaaaaw poor Logie! :(
Mssr.Courtney chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
please please please make a two shot but were something MAJOR happens and his dad is in self pity about or Logan is like screaming and saying all these really really harsh things but ya know its you writing just like pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee do another!

xxAbbyxx
CheekyBrunette chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
Dude, you had me crying AGAIN! First you have me in this whole emotional wreck because of Insomnia, and then I read this, and...

My heart broke.

And now I'm gonna be up all night, thinking of this, AGAIN, but it's cool, man. I wouldn't have gotten to bed anyway.

Huff.

All I want to do is sleep.

This was seriously awesome though. I loved it. It's seriously amazing, I love it all over the place. It was so real... now I feel like I could write a letter like this... Like... Not exaclty like this, not about the same thing, but.. I don't know.

This was good. That's all.
Ink and Roses chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I love this story! (And all your stories...) It was wonderfully angsty. I'm a little torn about the one-shot/two-shot thing... I really like it as it is, all sad and depressing, but I do love a good happy ending. So, I don't know. Anyway, loved it.

~Lady Rose
Fish Stick Friday chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
I'm back. Six more one-shots to go before I'm caught up with your stories. *dies* Again, I'm so sorry! :(

Oh...my...gosh. Okay, so you know how I have said on numerous occasions that Logan is my favorite character because I can relate to him the best? Well, you just gave me another way that I can relate to Logan. I was adopted when I was ten months old. Though I love my parents as my own, which they practically are; they're the only parents I've ever known, I've always thought about what I might say if I ever were to meet my biological father. I imagine it would go a lot how Logan's letter went. Asking what I did wrong. Laying the guilt on him. I'm easy to get along with. I don't think there's a single person I hate...except for my biological father. He's the exception. I just have so much pent up resentment and hostility towards him. Just so you know, I have no ill will towards my biological mother; she died in a car crash which cause me to be born prematurely. Anyways, I just felt like I should tell you that. There's so much irony.

Then the part about Ryan not going to Logan's hockey games really struck home with me too, because my parents never really went to my marching band and concert band events either unless they absolutely had to. They say they support me and all, but I just wanted them to show it with their actions. They never went to a single marching band competition in high school. To this day, I'm still kind of bitter about that. It makes me question whether they support me at all.

Surprise, surprise, Logan's yearning for his father to be proud of him reminded me of me too. I excelled academically in school too. I think it's because I wanted my dad to be proud of me. I thought if I did really well in school, I'd get some kind of acknowledgement, but that was hardly the case. Sometimes, I was convinced that I could have flunked all my classes and my dad wouldn't have cared. My mom wouldn't either for that matter. I know that I'm not my dad's favorite kid though. I'm the youngest of eight kids. I'm probably more like #6...at best...in his eyes.

The part where Logan said that he got something for his dad not because he had to, but because he loved him was so touching!

When you were talking about what Logan's friends' dads do with their sons, I smiled when you got to Carlos and his dad. Only Carlos...Only Carlos... :)

Aww! Logan was crying! Ryan Mitchell is such a jerk! Why do you keep bringing him back in your stories? It's like he's a ghost or something and he keeps haunting poor Logan. Or maybe it's us, the readers, who he's haunting.

I liked how you said Logan lived in a house and not a home. I mean I don't like it in the sense that Logan is in so much pain, obviously, but I like that you made that distinction, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

That's so sad that Logan called the family room the green room.

Haha, only you would write a "pity party" like this and then turn around and wish people a Merry Christmas. :)

Anyways, sorry for going off on tangents about my own life. You probably didn't even need to know all of that. You might not even have cared to hear any of it either. I don't know. It's just trippy how much I have in common, how much I can relate to the Logan in your stories.

As angsty as this one-shot was, thank you for writing it. It was beautifully done. You never cease to amaze me, do you know that? How is it that you are able to make me laugh in some chapters, and then have me on the verge of crying, or full out crying in other chapters? I'll tell you how; because you are an uber-talented writer, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Great job, Laura!
Falling to Fly chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I hope that whatever you're going through gets better soon. I've got you in my prayers.

Ryan Mitchell. -sigh- I don't even have the strength to be mad at him anymore. I'm just incredibly disappointed in him for everything that he's done, or hasn't done, for Logan. He should have been stronger for his son, but he really let him down. That's not right.

Broken Angel is an amazing song, and it fits this perfectly. "Inside you're dying because you can't believe." That's my favorite line of that song, and I feel like it fits Logan (the whole song does, but this line sticks out to me) Logan is slowly dying inside because his father doesn't care about him.

It must have been so hard, knowing that Kendall's and James' and Carlos' parents cared more about him then his own flesh and blood did. Logan did so many things for his approval, but he only ever got it from someone else.

Now Logan is giving up on him. You know you've messed up if Logan can't forgive you. But I think it's safe to say that Ryan screwed up royally. I just wish that Logan didn't have to suffer because of it, because he really doesn't deserve it.

"He didn't have a home. He had a house. A house was not a home without a heart. Logan's heart was broken and he didn't know how to fix it anymore." This was my favorite part of the entire thing, and it was also on of the most heartbreaking lines, because it showed that Logan didn't feel like he had a home.

The ending was amazing. My heart clenched when Logan tossed the letter into the fire. "And then he watched the papers crumble to pieces representing all that was left of him." That is tied for favorite line. It was poetic and seemed really well thought out, and I thought it was a perfect, albeit incredibly sad, way to end it.

I hope you have a merry Christmas and that everything goes well for you and your family. Merry Christmas!
AbbyMasrai chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
I actually have never heard of Broken Angel. I will definitely have to check it out when it's a reasonable hour of the day lol.

But on a serious note...wow. This was...raw, uncensored. I liked it. I like that Logan recognizes his daddy issues and is angry about it. I feel like everything you wrote in his letter expresses the mindset of a neglected child perfectly. Though, like you said, his father provided him shelter, food, clothes, etc...he didn't provide him love, support, comfort. I can't even imagine living in a household like that.

I'm very sorry you feel you can relate to this story in whatever way do. Please, if you feel like it would help, message me. I would be more than happy to lend an ear.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, as well and that things get better for you. HUGS!
WyszLo chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This was PERFECT. It's everything I wanted. It was beautiful and terrible and I'm crying and I loved it. I loved every little bit of it.

My highlights:

"Every time I scored a goal or won a competition at school, they cheered for me like I was their own son. I wish I was." Oh Logan... can I cuddle him? Please?

This is where I really started crying:

"You know what I want for Christmas? I want my dad back. The one I had when I was a little boy. I want you to come to the rink with me and play hockey with me the way Kendall's dad does. I want you to wrestle with me like Carlos' dad does. I want you to do everything you possibly can to make sure I reach my dreams like James' dad does. I want you to notice me. I want to talk with you like father and son and not two strangers who happen to live in the same house. I want you to see me and not look through me."

Everything about Logan's relationship with his dad is just heartbreaking. It's such a core need- the need to be loved- and Logan's deprived of it by the one person that's programmed by nature to love him. It's so deeply wrong it's disturbing. Deep down Logan is just a little boy who wants his dad, nothing else really matters. It's devastating. The lack of compassion and love from his father has penetrated Logan all the way through. He even questions the real love in his life from Kendall, Carlos, and James, and it's all his dad's fault. He's broken and the tragic part is that he doesn't have to be. His dad will never see that, though.

"Sometimes I cry at night. But only when no one can hear me." OH. MY. GOD. I'm crying now just from those two sentences. They killed me. That pretty much made this story. Logan's just so VULNERABLE. He's so innocent... he just wants to be LOVED. He hasn't done anything wrong. He's done everything right. And yet, from the one person whose opinion really matters, all Logan ever gets is rejection. I really can't find a more fitting word than heartbreaking to describe this.

I loved this so much. I'm still crying. It was beautiful and it was about one of my favorite things. (Yes, I'm horrible and Logan's relationship with his dad is one of my favorite things.)

"Sometimes I cry at night. But only when no one can hear me." Still haunting me.

(Dear Logan... sometimes I do too.)

~Lauren
TeamBTR chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This was a great story! It definitely puta me in the Christmas spirit! Ok, it kind of kills christmas but it was still super awesome. Logan has the best friends and the worst dad, poor Logan... Merry Christmas!
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Aw, this was so sad. :( It was beautifully written, though. I listened to 'Broken Angel', and I can really see the rest of Big Time Rush singing it to Logan. :) Bravo!
EpicInTheLibrary chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Oh goodness, it was so sweet and sad and angsty and lost and well put together and perfect all at the same time. Very depressing. Hence the comment about him needing a hug from his dad. ;-;

Sweet because Logan still loves his dad. Just. I know he gave up on him, but the hurt all over the letter shows that he obviously still loves him. Aww.

Sad because Logan's father never ever ever returned those feelings of love and it's just so.. heartbreaking. I want to hit him over the head and force him to at least LOOK at his son. You know, Logan was all "What would you do if I just diappeared?" and I had a thought that. Well. I'm wrong lol. But he probably wouldn't notice but when he finally did he would feel even more hopeless because first he lost his wife, and then his son gave up on him. It's hard to feel bad for Mr. Mitchell, but it's still there.

Angsty because of all the implied memories of feeling so alone after trying so hard and failing- again, and again, and again, and again. Just. Aww, Logan. If I could be your dad I would most definitely love you and hug you and devote practically all my time to you and be the best dad ever because that's what you deserve. Just. Awwwww.

Lost because that's what he is. Lost. As I said before. The best dad in the world is all he deserves. Without that, he's lost. And it makes me so SAD.

Well put together because it takes everything and anything you could grasp from Little Hollow and turns it into this. Everything flows into the next and elaborates on the last and it was just easy to read- not emotionally, mind you.

Perfect because... it all works. Everything he mentions, like hockey and that not working and then education because it would make him like his dad. It's like you got there and there was just a bundle of disconnected wires and cords hanging around. But then you put them all together and it just fit and was perfect, and that's what this is, okay? Perfect.

I loved it all, and I seriously honestly hope you feel better, alright? If I could I would bake you cookies and watch movies with you and give you a thousand endless hugs, but you're over there and I'm over here and I wish you were right here or I was right there. I love you. X3
lostloner17 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Really good
2 kool 2 spell 'kool' right chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
when a reader can feel the pain and emotion that the characters are showing, it means the author has succeded greatly.

you are great, especailly with angst.

for instance, in head on collision, i can FEEL the guilt that james is feeling.

in this, i can FEEL the pain that logan is feeling.

you are an amazing author, not just becuz i like yur stories but becuz u have a way with words that puts me in the characters shoes.

fantastic. :)
StillLovely chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
I sometimes wish that you weren't such an amazing author so that I could have my thought process back from wherever you have stolen and hidden it.

This story. I can't even find the right words right now.

It was absolutely beautiful and I loved it, even though it broke my heart and made my chest hurt. I listened to Broken Angel while I listened and I think that made this hit me ten times harder.

I had to take "crying breaks" because I would just be crying to hard to read. And even after all the crying breaks, I was still sobbing at the end.

Don't ever be sorry about a story like this, even if it is depressing right before Christmas. It was beautiful and amazing and I would be very sad if it wasn't there.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that today was not your day. *hugs* I hope those help!

Merry Christmas!