Reviews for In Which Jill is Momentarily Stunned
constantlearner chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
Lovely.
beth-is-rainpaint chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
This made me smile so much. I - just...your Eustace and your Jill and the way that you write this stage in their relationship - lovely. And the bit about telling Alberta made me laugh.
ASweetDisposition chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Really enjoyed this fan fic! I wish there were more Scrubb and Pole stories like this one. Great job!
lanigaga chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
One of my new favorites :)
An Unknown chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
Superbly done. I am most intrigued, and look forward to reading more about the universe in which this is set. The NICE reference made me laugh aloud, a fairly rare occurence, let me tell you. The possibility of connections between the Friends of Narnia and Logres is a most interesting proposition. Pax Dei Tecum.
fledge chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
A wonderfully sweet little something, excellently written as always, even if I don't quite see what those three lines about the two strangers walking by are supposed to be all about. I also believe you are making them somewhat older than would fit in with the official timeline, but that is not the point, of course.

And, obviously, I'll have to go and check on the frame story this is for...
InactiveNotUsed chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Alright, I am FINALLY coming to review this! (Yeah, I know, it's been two weeks or whatever. Christmas is almost over.)

I really like this - it is just wonderful and it fits perfectly in "my" universe, and manages to capture the tone of Eustace and Jill's relationship brilliantly.

I particularly liked the way this is not some huge great set up, it is not some carefully constructed set-piece of either Eustace or Jill - it just happens simply and naturally, which is completely what happened in RoS (although we do see the hints of the deliberate thumbing his nose at his family with the Gretna Green elements).

I particularly like the way you bring in the various elements of RoS (such as the Cosmic Trilogy etc.) into the narrative, firmly tying it to my stories.

Really wonderful stuff, and a great gift. Thanks so much!
WiseQueen chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Delightful!

And to me, it seems to fit well into Morohtar's universe.

Great line at the end - "you can be the one to tell your mother".

A little impish of Jill ...
Almyra chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Wow! This is amazing! Once again you've proved that you are the master of the beautifully succinct, which is a skill indeed! The characters are spot on and the whole tone of the piece is lovely and light and truly romantic, with touches of the real, worrying world thrown in. Well done!
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Smoltenica, how wonderful it is to be reminded why I love your stories so much. This was fantastic! (I will have to check out "King Edmund's Crusade" now!) How nice to see a Romantic Eustace - though not being cheesy. Sigh. And Jill's reactions were quite believable. This left me with a happy grin.

Great job done. Thanks for sharing this. And Happy New Year!
Don-Jam chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
It's so good to see a Eustace/Jill story and one that is so will done! I did enjoy King Edmund's Crusade but I never seem to be able to make time for his/her other work, but I can still say that this feels like it belongs in that universe.
EstellaB chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Okay, that was AMAZING! And I haven't read the universe in which they're set, but I will do now. And... well, it was wonderful-so just fantastically in character for both of them, and I really, really loved it. (I liked the allusion to the Cosmic Trilogy as well). I know this isn't a very coherent review, but hey, I'm kind of overwhelmed with how great it is. So beautifully descriptive, but not overly, and I like the fact that you wrote a very nice Romantic Eustace, because he is tricky. A favourite little section-

"I know and I agree. But I just hate that we have won the war and yet we're still so... Uncertain. I know that we are not meant to know anyone's story but ours, but isn't there anything I can be certain of?"

"You can be certain of me," said Eustace, immediately.

Oh, lovely. And the fact that Jill talks so much, and Eustace so little (but when he does, it's desperately important)-it's basically all perfect & a lovely Christmas present (I'm sure the intended recipient will think so too!)

Er, I guess there's nothing to add except Merry Christmas!