Reviews for Dasher
Zenalth chapter 3 . 12/24/2011

This one was brilliant! While reading this, I was trying so hard not to laugh (and the only sound that came out was weird honking noises...)

I especially liked this chapter because the description of the family was soooooo realistic that I can almost picture their faces when John started to tell the answers.

Thanks for the awesome story!

009717 (Julia)
LilyRosetheDreamer chapter 3 . 7/28/2011
Gordon's defnitely a lunatic. XD
hbruce chapter 3 . 12/30/2010
Ahh, Gordon is such a sweetheart.
Math Girl chapter 3 . 12/30/2010
Fun and very funny. Perfect for Christmas! ;)

Silver Bee chapter 3 . 12/30/2010
I didn’t expect another chapter so this was a lovely surprise.

Loved the interrogation of John and the way he turned the tables on everyone. Trust him to have worked it all out. The way he ran through all the possible suspects was great.

So Gordon redeemed himself with the ‘it was all for the kids’ line – he truly is ‘big-hearted’. And quite possibly ‘warped'.

A perfect ending. Bee
HappyDanceAnnie chapter 3 . 12/30/2010
Oh, what an unexpected pleasure and surprise! I wasn't expecting more. Awesome.

I loved the way Virgil and Scott were trying to monster John. You capture the boys like no other!

ROFL about Scott 'smacking it'. Poor Scott. The RSPCA (ASPCA in the US?) will be after you son.

Out of all the characters I really love the way you write Grandma Tracy. And we got to catch up with Stu as well.

Thanks again for sharing your stories, it's great to see you adding to an already tremendous showcase.

Happy New Year!
bubzchoc chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
great story
Red Hardy chapter 2 . 12/28/2010
LOL! It took me a minute to figure out why this story sounded so familiar! It’s just as awesome as it was the first time I read it – and all the times in between! ;-)

For a while, you actually had me convinced that a live reindeer had made it onto Tracy Island! I was pretty sure Gordon had something to do with it, despite it seeming to be impossible.

Some of my favorite parts were:

-the Scrabble game and Gordon’s unique choice of words (and the fact that his score was in the negative! :D)

-the stick figure drawing representing John! :p

-the Terrible Two schtik (it wouldn’t be a BoomerCat story without that!

-Scott’s reaction when he touched the reindeer

-ever practical Grandma issuing orders for it’s care once they determined it was ‘real’

-Virgil’s worry about how the reindeer really got there

-Gordon on permanent pooper scooper duty! :D In fact I loved the entire conversation between Scott and Virgil while they were building the pen!

-the way they all blamed poor John - who wasn’t even on the planet! LOL!

My favorite part was definitely the ending. I knew it had to be a prank by Gordon but for the life of me I couldn’t figure it out. Getting Stu Kopecki involved was such a fun surprise. I LOVE the way all your OC’s keep popping up in your stories. It adds such realism to them. Plus I’ve fallen in love with your OC’s and feel as if they are my old friends too, so it’s such a treat when we see them again and again. Just like seeing a dear friend. I laughed out loud when Stu made Gordon promise he wouldn’t be ‘found out’ for helping him.

Thanks for another wonderful Christmas story, Boomer. NO ONE writes the Tracy family like you do!

quiller chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
Trust Gordon!

I loved the whole thing. Only the red-headed lad could come up with such a fiendish prank to play on his family. I think my favourite live was the bit about them all ending up with coal in thier stockings because Santa was only flying on seven cylinders!

Merry xmas to you too!

Silver Bee chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
Loved this! Gordon really is sneaky – he had me totally convinced in the first chapter.

The scrabble game really made me laugh.

Another entertaining, beautifully written story. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

Loopstagirl chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
Oh wow, this was absolutely amazing! Typical Gordon, and then playing the innocent part to perfection this time, actually managing to throw them all, he is a genius.

Really loved this story, it was so cute and the perfect Christmas story! Awesome job!
Teobi chapter 2 . 12/25/2010
Wow- I thought chapter 1 was the whole story so it's nice to see an update.

Impressed by this bit-

'Stu had become an International Rescue Operative almost a year earlier when a tornado had crushed a building at the high school, and the Thunderbirds had been called out for the rescue. He had been amazed to find the rescuers to be the sons of his childhood friend, Jeff Tracy. The eldest son, Scott, had asked Stu to keep their secret, and he had consented, then after a conversation with Jeff, had signed on as an operative.'

- LOL is it really *that* easy to become involved with IR? If I'd known that, I wouldn't have spent like, 5 chapters of my own story panicking about my OC discovering who they were! :-)

Aha- so it was a Gordon plot all along. You can't put anything past that boy! Well done, lad.

You seem to have established a whole 'Kalvesta' genre of TB fanfic that I'm not really familiar with, but it's interesting to discover how and where different authors believe the boys grew up. You must have been writing about Kalvesta for a long time now and I notice how people look forward to your stories in particular.

All the best on Christmas Day and hope the New Year sees you well.

J xx
Math Girl chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Heh! That was very funny and clever, Rosemary. I enjoyed the boys' humorous by-play, and Gordon's utter ineptitude at Scrabble. It's a good thing that Dasher got away, because I'm not sure how much reindeer moss (a lichen ) exists on Tracy Island. Or, maybe they're like pandas, and would gladly eat something else, given a choice. In any case, thanks for the great read, and Merry Christmas!

spinkle22 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Awwww what a lovely story :) As always, your interactions are great and come so naturally. I loved Grandma in this - she's exactly like Jeff and Scott, passing out orders like that. And Gordon's words - 'sumulous' and 'figimint' - where do you come up with these things!

Wonderful as always,

Spinky :)
Teobi chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I am currently playing a game of Lexulous (Scrabble, basically) on facebook and seriously losing thanks to my smart-a** opponent coming up with words such as 'qiz' and 'zag' which she manages to land on triple word score squares every time. Unfortunately I can't cheat because the game itself will disallow. But I am firmly on Gordon's side here :-)

I am only sorry that poor John has to spend yet another Christmas up in TB5. You'd think Jefferson would relent in the spirit of the season and let his poor son come back to Earth for the celebrations. The Old Grinch!

I'm in total admiration of Gordon and his reindeer trap. he's lucky he just caught one and not all eight! (I'm a traditionalist- I don't count Rudolph.)

Merry Christmas to you, Rosie. Hope you have a good one. And Merry Christmas to poor Johnny all the way up there in Space! xx