Reviews for Gone Without Goodbye
Gifted Shadows chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Awa. That was a good twist! I half expected it to be Kendall's dad! But when James and Logan were crying, I was like"Mama Knight-?" THEN I noticed that you never mentioned Carlos, so I was thinking"No. No... Wait. REALLY? Aw man!" GREAT JOB!
christinainwonderland chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
I really, really liked this. I know a lot of people have given you plenty of mad props for the ending, where Kendall freaks out because Carlos doesn't have his helmet, and I agree with all of them. It was a beautiful and tragic moment. You're really good and this was a fantastic story. Excellent work.

I'm always happen when I find well-written, somewhat original, and grammatically correct stories on here. And this was well worth the search and read. :)
Fish Stick Friday chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Thankfully, my parents haven't gotten a divorce, but believe me, I've heard some pretty intense fights between the two of them, so...wait for it...I can relate.

I really liked this:

"It was like an unstoppable force meeting an immoveable object."

Aww! I felt bad for Kendall. Even at 7 years old, he thought that crying made him weak. That's so sad!

Haha. *covers mouth with hand* I'm sorry. It's just...Logan telling Kendall about divorce statistics sounded like something even 7 year old Logan would totally do. It made me smile. :)

Then, Kendall had to go and punch Logan. I mean a part of me feels like Logan deserved it for being so insensitive, but a part of me was like "Why was I feeling bad for Kendall before again? What's wrong with me?"

I see you managed to squeeze some Cargan in there after all, didn't you? I loved how Carlos came to Logan's aid after Kendall punched him.

"Kendall had no idea what punching somebody had to do with the stuff he liked to put on his french fries or the stuff that made his remote control car work." Okay, now that was cute!

Then Kendall had to call Carlos stupid...

What is it with Kendall? He does something that makes me smile then turns around and does something that makes me angry. What is he, passive aggressive or something?

Aww! Then Logan went and ruined James' favorite sweatshirt. That went oh-so well, I see...

Aww! Little Logan and Carlos were both crying?

Typical Logan. Of course he would go and lie about what happened to his face. He didn't want Kendall to get in trouble. Logan's so...considerate. I had to think of a synonym for sweet there. Couldn't you tell? ;)

How sad! Logan flinched when Kendall threw his arms around him because he was afraid Kendall would hit him again.

What a letdown. You just glossed over Kendall's apology to James and Carlos. Oh well. I should be grateful that you wrote about Kendall's apology to Logan, shouldn't I? Logan's the one Kendall hurt the mostk, and in more ways than one too.

I liked how Kendall called Carlos.

I also loved Carlos' nickname for Kendall.

Ew! I really didn't need to hear about how Monty's stomach couldn't handle green beans. Hey! Monty! Isn't that the name of Gustavo's Peruvian hairless cat?

The part where Kendall was coontemplating if his parents would have stayed together if he had been a better person was somewhat difficult to read. I didn't like little 7 year old Kendall thinking like that.

I liked how you mentioned Kendall singing to Katie when she couldn't sleep at night. A reference to "Big Time Audition" perhaps?

I don't quite understand Carlos' obsession with kittens. I mean he likes seeing "cats get what's coming to them." Yet he likes kittens? Maybe he just likes cats when they're kittens? I don't know. I'm confused.

That's so awesome that Carlos was the one to get Kendall to come out of his shell.

Logan lecturing Kendall about the benefits of exercise made me smile.

Haha, what is it with us and making the boys' dads into jerks? Carlos' dad is an exception, and James' dad too.

You're so horrible, you kno wthat? Okay, you're not really horrible. You're just kinda evil. Making us all think that you had killed Logan off yet again in another one of your stories. Only to find out that you killed off Carlos instead. Hey! Now I know how people must have felt when they thought I killed off Carlos in "Big Time Disaster." I can see why they were ticked off. I mean, Carlos! Really? You have to be exceptionally cruel to actually kill Carlos off. He's so precious and adorable and full of life. You...monster. *sobs*

Hehe. That would be funny if Carlos sat up and been like "You got pranked!" But sadly, that won't be happening...

Kendall getting so hysterical about Carlos not wearing his helmet in the coffin was heartbreaking.

I'm telling you, by the end of today, I'm going to officially be depressed. Then, when I go to work tomorrow, people will be like, "What's wrong with you, Eric?" What am I supposed to tell them? Huh, Laura?

I guess I should begrudgingly thank you for writing this! As much as I hated what you did to Carlos, it was very well written just like everything else you write! So...thanks for writing this. There. I said it.
Fang lover23 chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
That was pretty depressing... /

But that one part where Kendall realizes about the helmet reminded me of when someone freaked out about Logan being claustrophobic in 'Three'. I can't remember who it was...

It was good, but depressing once again, for the holiday season. -sigh-
KasumiHakuraHikari chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
That IDIOT who hit Carlos while driving indisposed MUST DIE! Seriously, I'm going to kill him, even if he is just a fictional character you created. He at least went to jail, right? Right? His dad must have put that idiot in jail! He's a cop and that is like a grade-A crime. Or at least it is if it happens to Carlos! Seriously, why him? He was so sweet. He didn't even deserve the Jennifers being mean to him, much less THIS.

Hoo, sorry for ranting there. I just got a little worked up. Anyway, I really liked the writing. Plus, you put two stories in one. At first, the switch seemed a little confusing, but after it made sense it just seemed like genius.
Chef carlitos chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
U r such a gifted writer I bet u could write a book! Ive read all your story's and loved em all! Keep writing!
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Aw, this was so sad! :( It was wonderfully written, as usual. Great job!
2 kool 2 spell 'kool' right chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
this was angsty. i liked it. yur a very gifted writer. this was good.
Falling to Fly chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Poor little Kendall. :( Seven is too young to be living without both of your parents, yet it happens everyday. :( Him and Katie are getting hurt, probably worse than their parents. Divorce is hard, especially at that age.

The boys always scare me when they get into fights, even at age seven. Carlos was so precious, crying when Kendall punched Logan. I love him. -heart- And then things went downhill from there. But then Kendall got to be sweet and call them all over and fix everything. :) Nothing can keep those boys apart.

That was so cute how Kendall called Carlos. Awwww. :) Carlos just fixes everything. Like how he pulled Kendall out of his mini depression by dragging him to the ice. :)

I'm not going to be one of those people that says "OMG YOU KILLED CARLOS!" Nope. But I will tell you that my heart was breaking for the entire funeral. Especially at the part where Kendall was freaking out and trying to get Carlos' helmet so that he could wear it. That really got to me.

This review is short and stupid and does nothing to do this justice. Just know that I loved this, okay? Okay. Merry Christmas!
LIV3xLAUGHxL0V3 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I'm crying now. Kendall and Carlos have always been my favorite characters - both on the show and in your fics (even if theyre Logan or James centric). Why did carlos have to die though? Some Christmas present! :(

Haha. Loved that this was Kendall's p.o.v. and everything you wrote about him fits his persona on the show, too. I could imagine him doing nothing but helping his family for a while after his father left them. And it shows where he got his protectiveness/leadership side.

Loved this story!
missmollymoo chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
o.O WELL MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO! lol
I C a big world chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
omg the ending brought tears!

soooooooo SADDDDDDDDDDD

But? Carlos? Dead?

*weeps speechlessly*

Noooooooooo D"""x

...

Okay, I'll try and write a proper sentence now...

I don't know why it's okay to kill Logan or any of the others but somehow I can deal with that but Carlos? HE'S TO CUTE TO DIE!

*weeps some more*

okay I'm going to go die in my weeping corner now...

Merry Christmas :) x
alwaysconfuzzled chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Y-you...killed...Carlos...

**cries and curls up under the desk**

DUDE, THAT'S LIKE KICKING A PUPPY!

YOU CAN'T KILL CARLOS!

THAT'S LIKE...

**whimper**

When Kendall yelled about the helmet - I died a little inside.

And unlike when a part of me dies inside every time I watch BTR and is replaced by glitter and rainbows - a part of me died inside and turned into ice - because now I'm shivering even though I'm wearing extra-fluffy socks and my stripy gloves.

Maybe my tears'll turn to ice.

Who knows.

WHERE WAS HIS HELMET? CARLOS IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT HIS HELMET! HE NEEDS HIS HELMET OR...or...

I'm pretty sure that every Kitten in America would mourn Carlos' death. HE's probably their KIng or something.

Because he's just that precious.

alwaysconfuzzled (I think I should change my name to alwayscrying - that's all I seem to be doing on this site :'()

xx

Merry Christmas x
AbbyMasrai chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
! I CANNOT believe you killed Carlos! For some reason, it seems perfectly okay to kill off Logan, but not Carlos. Isn't that weird?

But this was...beautiful. Just beautiful. I loved how you focused on Kendall and Carlos...I think they need more friendship moments, personally. It never seems like it's just the two of them. Or am I totally off base?

When Kendall began screaming about Carlos' helmet...sniff, sniff...gosh you're cruel, Laura. But it was incredibly fitting, I thought.

Brilliant job as always. :)