Reviews for Substitute School, First Semester
Moriko no Hikari chapter 11 . 3/28
But there isn't a 31 in June! "Thirty days hath September, April, June and November."
Khorale chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Wow! This is the first time I've seen underpowered!Ichigo! It's really refreshing from the other stories I've read so far. But though it's not really 'underpowered', since everyone else keeps making him captain-class like BOOM, instantly. This Ichigo had never suffered the pressure the canon Ichigo went through, like developing inner hollow to save Rukia, achieving Bankai in three days because he HAVE to. Actually, without the motivation or boosts in power, this Ichigo is actually more well-rounded. He did this all with Soul Society's help because they're not so hostile to him in this universe, and that helps him get more powerful naturally than weird boosts in strength he randomly gets in canon - plus, he killed Grand Fisher, which shows that he's able to lower his pride and accept help.

Tatsuki's power is... a dragon? Huh, I thought it'd be more karate-based. But oh well, I can sort of see it. Dragons is also a guardian kind of creature.

I'm kind of disappointed because I can't find the second part of the story anywhere. I hope you can make one soon!
TrueRedDragonGodEmperor chapter 21 . 7/10/2013
I think Ichigo's reaction is way way too calm. It is understandable that they don't want to give up their abilities but their actions can have devastating consequences. By them not following his instructions it puts him in danger. When he took responsibility for his friends he sealed his fate with theirs. It is very likely that Central 46 would not only execute his friends but him as well. So I think his easy forgiveness and relatively low level of anger does not match the situation. He should have been far far more angry and he should not have forgiven them so easily.
TrueRedDragonGodEmperor chapter 6 . 7/9/2013
I hope Ichigo gets stronger. He is growing at a very very slow pace. I know this story isn't going to be like the manga and the anime but at this rate he wont even have the level of strength he possessed when Byakuya pierced his soul chain by the end of this story. It seems like he currently has maybe 1/4 of the power he displayed during that fight from the anime. Well, anyways, I just hope he proceeds to develop faster then his current speed.
StrangerInAStrangeWorld chapter 25 . 6/27/2013
Well. This is...amazing. Well-thought-out, interesting, sensible, and altogether cool.
Biblio388 chapter 25 . 6/26/2013
Very good fic. The story is interesting and continues to get more so. Looking forward to the next installment.
TrueRedDragonGodEmperor chapter 3 . 6/24/2013
The story is pretty interesting. Ichigo is way weaker then in cannon which is unique. Although Rukia is kind of irritating.
matthouston chapter 15 . 4/28/2013
just finished reading chapter 15 and was wondering if the new move was named after Inuyasha's backlash wave
Scarease chapter 20 . 4/4/2013
So is Azien still a villain or is it Gin .
seiht chapter 25 . 3/28/2013
I expected an academy story. I was pleasantly surprised when it was not.

Hmm. . . Not sure what else to say; seems like everyone else has said it. It's a nice story. The characters felt like themselves and the storyline rolled just differently enough to keep interest.

You've mentioned your pacing and filler mishaps for yourself.

I enjoyed the numerous little moral conflicts and their resolutions. Also, tough guys getting face mopped by little girls with pink hair is always, always amusing.

Every here and there, you used a strange word that almost fit, but not quite. The oddest thing was Gin being described as fox-faced. He. . . Well, he is, but I'd immediately think of Komamura instead. Analogies sometimes lose a bit of their weight in the face of the real thing.

Part of me wonders why Aizen didn't wait until Urahara was imprisoned before his creative retirement from Soul Society, but I'll venture that something went awry behind the scenes.

On a passing note, Urahara seems a lot kinder to Kon than Ichigo is, oddly enough. Heh.

Lastly, Ichigo has learned kogahazen.

Take care.
beatboxpanda chapter 25 . 3/25/2013
good story can't wait for the next one.
Damaio The End chapter 25 . 3/2/2013
Wow this is a fantastic story hope the sequel is up soon keep up the good work
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 25 . 2/28/2013
Well I found this after I started reading Bellflowers and wagtails. It has been a very pleasant read. You writing and plot choices has made this the best bleach story I have read so far. One of the reasons that I have enjoyed this so much, is that you have taken the time to round out the characters, and show us a story I think really brings out the motivations and reasons for the characters actions. So it is back to the Sekirei story, until your second bleach story comes out.
Tirielle chapter 10 . 1/2/2013
er... grammar error. You wrote "The women immediately crowded around Mizuiro immediately"
Thought you should know
Insanity NPO chapter 25 . 12/2/2012
Awesome story. Can't wait for the next one.