Reviews for All Kinds of Ties
I love the story 3 the ending was a little disappointing though. :/
Kiriya Von Den chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
I LOVE IT
hibike chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
ROFL xDDDD God... This is just too amusing...

It's just too hard to put it into words...
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
You make Kida and Saki's wedding a blast to read. Setting the wedding as the backdrop for Mikado and Izaya's budding friendship was a great move, as it added another layer of excitement and activity to your story. I love Aoba and Kida's antics at the end, and how Kida especially blows out of proportion the information he received about Mikado and Izaya's night drinking.
mp3r chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
...just too funny to describe in words
kaleidoscope-dream chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
A very lovely story that is well worth the read! I enjoyed every moment of this and the inevitable conclusion was well thought out between Izaya and Mikado. Their strange friendship stemming from this kind of scenario is interesting to think about. I adored the way the wedding was handled, all the characters spot-on and characterized in their own ways. And the ending with Kida wanting to kill Izaya? Pure win.

With the elements of drama, light-heartedness, and understanding others sprinkled throughout this fic, I was simply amazed at how well it was pulled off. Great way to go from the rehearsal to the reception. Thank you for sharing this story.
yumitadashi chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Oh my god. This. Is just perfect. Just... Perfect.

I would sooooo love to see a sequel to this, though this alone just made my day (or evening) and now I can go study laughing.

I will definitely be reading this moooooore times in the future.

Yumi
Billie Holiday chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Wish there would have been more Mikado/Izaya and yet I still wouldn't want to change a thing, I wouldn't mind seeing more of this. You said something about a sequel? I really want to know if Izaya was serious about what he said and if Mikado remembers, how will that effect their new friendship? ahhh questions!

Anyway this was really sweet and realistic, I hope you two keep writing!

-Billie
Zehava chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
This was so awesome. I was giggling all the way through it xD

Favorite part was when Kida expected Mikado to lock Izaya in a car with the windows down a crack. I could totally see someone doing that to him
vialactea chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
If there was one story I could review over and over it would be this one.

I absolutely loved it. I was fascinated by your writing, it's so fresh and it felt..so right just reading it. The characters were so beautifully written and it was just like writing a sitcom. A good sitcom, none of that crappy shit like..uhm..seinield or something. Anyways, my favorite character is Mikado but, but surprisingly, the character that stood out to me was Izaya. I don't like Izaya at all, but you made me like him..a lot. He's just so ...child like..almost innocent, well as much as an innocent evil man can be.

As Mikado spilled his worries,((It was like a sitcom, or a Drama)), I felt for him just like I usually would for a drama. I can picture everything out so clearly. Sadly, I didn't cry, but when Izaya said not to cry unless women and children were around I agreed with him. This story made me reminisce my own life... how at some moments I'm like Izaya...and at moments I((sorry rambling so I deleted everything)).

The wedding was done correctly. Usually there is a traditional service ,but in Japan it is only natural the groom wear white. I thought in the west it was custom to wear black? My apologies.

Most of the story I was laughing, but there was still a sadness to the story. It felt like such a heavy weight. At the end of the story it was lifted and I almost cried knowing I had to leave this story once I clicked the review button.

I hope you don't mind but may I make a doujinshi of this? I'm not in for money just for personal. Thank you so much for everything guys.
Warfang chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
I loved it. I read it in an hour and a half, and I loved it. You nailed all of the characters, and the plot flowed never moved too fast or clotted. If something was mysterious, it was mysterious. No facts were handed out too fast, and the suspense and character point of view was wonderful. Also, I loved the dialogue. I saw everything happening in my mind, like it does in a movie, and I believed everything concerning the characters. I loved how the wedding was done. You did get the wedding right (I was at one last week) so congrats on that. I couldn't find anything wrong (and I was too absorbed in the story to notice- if I had found one, it would have jarred me from cloud nine).

But I must admit to wondering why the heck Anri-chan ran away. Was it Saika? You don't have to answer, it's a plausible rationalization. But with the Dollars extensive network, you'd think he could find her...and it's so obvious that Izaya is crushing on his human, if for nothing other than Mikado taking him seriously. And Izaya must be able to hold his alcohol very well, because otherwise, I wouldn't believe he was drunk at all.
B-pod chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Man, this was so good, and so fun to read. I couldn't stop reading it, in fact. I just love it, it's so well written.
Catastrophic Monsoon chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
awww this was so wonderful! i love how serious this fic was :) (There should be more like them in my opinion :P) and jeez you should of made it M instead of T lol but naw it flowed nicely :) i hope you write a sequel :D we can never get enough of Izaya/Mikado, though i sense i bit of Izaya!angst going on here hmm? Like he wished Mikado loved him? hehe just my thoughts :D
terracannon876 chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
I really loved this fic. I think I'm going to read this again after writing this review.

Anyways, Mikado's reaction to Masaomi was completely believable, and ... sadly enough, I can understand Anri's actions. I'm surprised she hadn't run away earlier. I do wonder what she's doing during the point of this story, but I suppose... that's a story for another time. She'd be so creeped out to come back and find Mikado and Izaya together P

I don't really like the idea of Izaya aging. I don't think Izaya likes the idea of Izaya aging, and he's in denial. I do like considerate Izaya, though, and drunk Izaya is hilarious. He's so _ in the morning too, and when he found Mikado was in his bed he was just like "Oh, OK." XD Aaah Izaya.

I haven't seen Aoba in many fanfics recently, but I love the mini(?) crush he has on Mikado. Who is oblivious to alll.

And oh yes, more slash rumors need to be spread about Izaya and Mikado, because that's totally not a popular pairing, much to my distress ((((

Thank you for spreading the Izaya Mikado love? (Is this story complete? There's no complete tag. I'm almost hoping for a continuation O)
Sissy chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Oh, lolz. I'm making up for my retaliation (it was more of a 'i'm frustrated with myself for it' situation but)(I am sorry about doing it)(ah, I wanna crawl into a hole for forgiveness) by sending a lovely review. It would've been nice to see Masaomi punch Izaya shitless and I was curious that Shizuo never showed up (Shinra's present was never revealed either, right?) But Mikado's situation was hilarious. Too bad he doesn't remember what Izaya said the night before. Your depiction of a drunk person and a hungover one was pretty accurate. Though I remember puking before I went to sleep the night I got drunk. It might be different for other people, though I'm not really sure. In any case it was lovely, fluffy and with a hint of angst but served with comedy at the same time. Great job!