Reviews for Abuse of Power
NotMeagain chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
The last line summarizes their relationship so perfectly, it's lovely. Poor Fiona- but it doesn't matter what Dah Yis says, she'll be a good queen if she keeps that ability to put order. Dah Yis' complaints just about killed me. Great story, as always!
BreathlessCyan chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Awe, Sas! You're so awesome! This is great! It's so funny and Leuda's caravan is perfect for this piece. Their reactions were great. xD I envy your ability to write something that can be short but seem like just the perfect length, nothing feels left out or out of place here.

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!
extherian chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
This could easily have been a brief fun moment from a much longer story. As it is, it's short, sweet and perfectly written.

Observations, details and dialogue are balanced perfectly, so that readers are never in any doubt as to what is going on. Fiona's immense irritation at the Selkies is balanced wonderfully with a sense of playful ease that reassures the reader that it really is just teasing. Though we as readers are left well aware of how tired she is of her companions' fooling around, we are never left feeling like she genuinely hates them, which would have spoiled the light-hearted mood of the piece.

This is an amusing and wonderful celebration of friendship, but it has enough of a cynical side to it to reveal just how taxing those friendships can be at times. I can only imagine what it might be like to endure as part of a caravan, year after year.

This story leaves the reader wanting much more, and yet it is just right as it is. Well done, Sasukeblade! I can't wait to see what Angelic Sword thinks of this!