Reviews for Cold
tripleransom chapter 1 . 2/13
I hope you think well of your effort with this story. I certainly enjoyed it!
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Nice little fic!

:D
toeki chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
found one typing error:

"Watson found that his voice was not as steady IS he would have liked when he replied;"- as instead of is

else the fic is touching and well written.

i especially loved those lines:

"The tan that he had brought with him from the desert sands had disappeared into a typical English pallor, but he carried blood soaked memories that had not faded like the brown from his skin. He had lost more than the partial use of his shoulder; the shine was gone from the farthing, all vestiges of youth and exuberance now a memory gone sepia and distant. The young man that eagerly left these shores never returned, a casualty buried with every friend he had ever known under the rocks in a far away land."

they are almost poetic.
freakgirlXD chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
I'd still consider this in the 'better' catagory of SH fictions on this site! You kept them in character (which MUST be hard) and kept them natural. In short, I loved it!
LuoLiBei chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Aw, sweet. I find I'm liking these early in the friendship or meeting stories. I just have one of your SH story left to read. I peaked at the last chapter of your HP story so I know you've had some problems lately but I hope inspiration strikes soon so I can enjoy more of your wonderful writing. I really am amazed it hasn't worn on me. I don't think I've ever been able to read such a large selection of stories from a single author without getting annoyed at the style (that includes professional writers, though their books are longer so they're at a disadvantage for repeating annoying tendencies). I have a bad feeling I'm going to be so disappointed when I look at other SH fic, it will be painful not as good. :(
Spockologist chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
This was wonderful! I love Holmes's rather indifferent attitude about the whole thing. I'm glad Watson didn't have to be alone for Christmas.
Faithful Bozwell chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
"I believe I am required to say Merry Christmas." Oh I love it; that is pure Holmes. A good blend of angst with friendship. Well done.
reflekshun chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
This was a very good install. Thank you for sharing.
Silverfox1 chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Ah, a heart-warming story! (No really, I mean it.)

And I laughed out loud at the idea of Holmes travelling with poor Lestrade.
bemj11 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
This was just swell. A delightful piece. Merry Christmas.
Hades Lord of the Dead chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Happy Boxing Day Eve! B-D
mrspencil chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
A lovely little tale. Some excellent descriptions of bleak winter and bleak Watson and a nicely understated reunion. Thank you, and happy Christmas :)

Mrs P:)
Aragonite chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
this was a great! I'm glad you posted this!

And Merry Christmas to you!
nomdeplume30 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I liked Holmes' speech about his perceptions being diminished and something being missing and insisting on 2 tickets for his next trip. The man is oblivious and I love it! I enjoyed the story and I'm so glad Watson didn't have to be alone for Christmas. He's far too nice a fellow for that.