Reviews for A Glorious Mess
BundleofContradictions chapter 3 . 12/16/2011
Aww, that was a truly sweet ending! I love the 'baby' TARDIS coil, and how it brings out a maternal side of the Doctor!

I also truly love the title of this story and the quote you gleaned it , from. I had never heard the quote before, but holidays are all about spending time with loved ones, and those celebrations can create the most glorious messes of all!

Have a happy holiday!
BundleofContradictions chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
I love how Rose excuses every strange thing her humanish Doctor does by blaming his alien status or Donna inheritance as if they are interchangeable. I'm sure Donna would be aghast!

I felt bad for the purple alien boy thing. Worst. Christmas. Ever!

On the toasterI might appreciate your fic more if I read all the cliche 10-ll adventures you keep referencing, but I'm not sure anyone could be a time traveling toaster! (Well, the recent anime Steins;gate involved a time traveling microwave, but I haven't seen it yet). It's the type of thing I can totally imagine Eleventy doing, though!
BundleofContradictions chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
So I skipped this one and I get to read it while I'm waiting for the next chapter of the body!switching story! And it happens to be the middle of December, which I'm told is around the holiday of Christmas, and I believe that, because there are more flickering lights in the streets than usual :P Actually, the Doctor seems to be a huge fan of the holiday, even though it involves Britain going to war with Turkey and eating all the slaughtered Turkeys! How barbaric! ('The Voyage of the Damned' Christmas Special would have been quite enjoyable if it didn't involve tons of disturbing death sequences. Every once in a while I wonder why they keep insisting that Doctor Who is appropriate for Children...)

Really enjoying the story thus far! Thanks for keeping your tongue firmly implanted in your cheek and bringing a smile to my face!
Rogue137 chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
Absolutely brilliant! I really do love your characterization of Ten-II!
Laura x Tennant chapter 3 . 1/10/2011
This -

'a laptop of his very own (which compels him to tell her that her laptop no longer functions quite the same way as before), a history program that will hopeful allow him to learn the history of Pete's World (he sometimes doesn't grasp, for example, that 1587 comes after 1231), a box of Legos (hey, she still likes playing with them with Tony; why not have fun with her own big kid?) and edible body paint.'

- is SO them :D Love it!

Brilliant!

Laura x
Laura x Tennant chapter 2 . 1/10/2011
Hahaha! Oh, gotta love the toaster cliche!

My favourite part:

"It's a toaster," she says, puzzled. "A nice one, but we already have one."

"Um…" the Doctor rubs the back of his neck. Uh-oh. "Not any more, we don't."

This is why she doesn't like leaving him home alone. Rose suppresses a groan. "What happened to the toaster?"

"Er… I wanted it to toast the bread faster, so I did a bit of jiggery-pokery. I think it travels through time now," he says, shamefaced.

Laughed so loud at that, seriously. ;) great chapter! reading more now... x
scifigeekgirl chapter 2 . 12/26/2010
Too many great parts to name but yeah Rose as Santa accidently mushing an alien - that is pretty clasic! The visual of Christmas exploding in their flat was also pretty awesome - looking forward to the next chapt.
Dreamcatcher49 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
trust the Doctor, human or not, to go overboard on a simple task! a bit curious as to why Rose didn't push for any type of decorations in their home?