Reviews for Here's Lookin' At You, Kid
resaw chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
I'm not sure if I would have recognized you. I think I know your "voice" from Fates, but this sounds different. I liked it, and, I liked it that we got to read about a happy Sarah Walker. Thanks for a neat story.
Catrogue chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
How can I resist being reviewer 15, especially after you pointed this story out to me and I realized I hadn't reviewed?

I echo everything Max says. Mhmm. He stole my words!

As always, these two are a joy. I love them so. And you just have a way of writing their friendship! It amazes me.

I love how they somehow always end up taking shots. Yay alcohol!

So many wonderful lines. Your words really bring pizzaz to their friendship. It's colorful.

PS: your Carina makes me wish there was a Carina Miller on Twitter. Can you imagine her Tweets? Haha

You're a true gem in my life! Stay classy. Thanks a million for sharing this!
meep chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Flipping amazing story. Thank you for a laugh.
broken-paige chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
I love this. Its great! :)
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Fun.
jinxed97 chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Great story...of course, would have known it was you. It has to do with the way you write Carina all snarky and everything...but it is one of my favorite Carina's though.
Striker-wolverine1 chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Loved this story Frea. Poor Sarah always dealing with Carina, but that's what makes it so fun.
mxpw chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I told you I'd review, and well, here I am. First, I'm glad you pulled out of the WAY challenge because that meant I got to read this story at the proper time. It would have been a real shame if I hadn't been able to because it's just really awesome. Nobody writes Sarah's POV quite like you do. And while this isn't a story set in the Fatesverse, per se, it's chock full of Fatesy goodness, with plenty of Frea tells littering the narrative.

Of course, any story that focuses on the Sarah and Carina relationship (friendship or otherwise) is like gold to me, so I was predisposed to liking this story right from the start. And you didn't disappoint. You captured the bond that exists between Sarah and Carina, one of strong loyalty and caring for each other, all with a healthy dose of irreverence, sarcasm, innuendo, and scorn. You really do capture how they are pretty much total opposites of the other, and yet that's what makes them work so well as friends. When Sarah tells Carina she saved her because maybe she didn't want to break in somebody new to hate, it seems weird to say, but that's when you could see bond. They're spies, expressing emotion, letting somebody in, telling somebody you care for them, goes against their nature, and yet that one line makes it clear that under all the bluster, they're friends.

Of course, this fic was full of comedy, such as Carina's assertion that she is the Virgin Mary, or the bit at the end when they have a drink (and Sarah says the titular line, awesome). It had some good action (knife to the face!) and some good drama (Sarah worrying about Carina's health). And the end with Sarah overhearing Rod Serling's narration is a perfect end, as the story of Sarah Walker is the story of a girl trying to become real and find her own identity.

So Merry Christmas to you! Thank you for giving us this great story to read. You're awesome!
seaboji chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
thanks, frea, for another great read and a lovely christmas present for all of us. who doesn't love a fic with sarah and carina and multiple references to carina's ass? another great effort to humanize sarah by showing her friendship with the irrepressible carina, not to mention how far she'll go for her friend, all while being the super-competent agent walker. and the image of carina as the virgin mary was superbly, ironically funny. a happy christmas indeed! thanks again and merry christmas, frea!
anon4utu chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
A Fate's Xmas Carol.
Ayefah chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
See, for me the "Frea tell" is that you made Carina into a 'Middleman' villain. :) Oh, and the reference to Agent Pennyweather, who was in 'Wind and Tide'.

The image of Carina riding Sarah piggy-back style, guns a-jangling, is one I will treasure. They're way more fun than any Magi with frankincense. And as always with Carina, it's nice to know that Sarah had a non-romance-interest friend (a female friend, even!) before coming to L.A. It would be weird if her life was all Chuck, you know?
P.J. Murphy chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I was a little disappointed that you pulled out of the WAY Challenge, but then so many people read your fics because they're so good, I'm sure many would have identified your excellent writing in a heartbeat. Besides, my fics don't look nearly as bad when they're not anywhere near yours.

Merry Christmas!
chuckfan56 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Not sure why my name didn't show up in the review so I thought I do this again as I don't like giving anonymous reviews. Oh well another review can't hurt because this time of year when you click the review button another angel gets his wings.

Sorry you had to pull out, but I totally understand. I think yours was the only story I probably had a chance of getting correct. You have that tell tale sign in your fic's called good writing.

I did enjoy the story and thanks for sharing.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Gladius Grim chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I liked the story of Sarah's willingness to go the extra mile for someone she cares about. Carina is someone she had found a friendship with in an occupation that generally would make it harder to keep over time. Yet the whirling dervish known as Carina had and in turn the DEA Agent got a steadfast friend that would be there for her when she needed her or die trying.

This story foreshadows the friendship between Carina and Sarah but it also shows Sarah the woman who would chance it all for Chuck, a man who had become a special touchstone in her life in a short time.

A Christmas that promises happier ones in the future for Sarah with...

Great story! Also a great gift to your readers this Christmas. Thank you.
lucky713 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
I like it. I don't think I would have recognized it though since there's no Chuck but the friendship between Sarah and Carina would have brought you up as one of the suspects.