Reviews for Behind A Dark Wall
Fireglass chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
"Sam gripped the handrail, glancing over his shoulder tiredly at Dean. "Just stay close."

Dean nodded, the double-meaning not escaping him. "Damn straight I will." "

...

PERFECTION.
RivikaStyx chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Wonderful story I love how you brought Sammy back the way you did. Hope the show itself does something wonderful like this too!
mousefiction chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
"Love has won you this one chance." That's a cool line.

'Kay," Sam slurred listlessly, more out of the habit of answering Dean then truly understanding. Aw, that shows how much he trusts him, in a way. To agree with someone like that in that kind of situation.

Awwww, Bobby.

Duct tape can fix anything, and so can Dean, so don't worry, Sammy.

Great job! I enjoyed it :)
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Thia was very powerful. The emotions of everyone involved, but especially Sam came through very clearly. The confusion and pain, the fighting against the wall and the unknown behind it. The recognition of coming back without a soul and what he did and the fear that he might do it again were all Sam could feel besides the pain. It was all very confusing to him but that made the story so great, because it sounded real. And both Bobby and Dean being there by his side, reassuring and holding him, making sure that he would believe he wasn't that soulless monster anymore and that the wall would hold. Loved that Sam in the end trusted that Dean would try and that this would be enough for now. Wonderful writing again. Hugs, Vonnie
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Sorry, I know I'm late on reviewing this story.

I love all your tags to this episode, so you can just keep sharing them with us. (Now that Christmas is over, maybe I'll finally watch this episode - I can't believe I've waited this long. I enjoyed "CH" until the end when Sam walked away...again. I just get tired of liking an episode, only to be depressed in the final scene.)

Another wonderful job of writing a worried big brother, love Dean. You also did a great job of describing a creepy Death.

I don't know why this line jumped out at me, but I guess it reminds me of the brothers tossing items to each other, (though this was Bobby to Dean) such as in "Hookman", Sam tossing the necklace to Dean.

'Already on the move, Dean snatched the keys out of the air...'

We don't get to 'see' this except in fanfiction, so nice to have Dean notice the hand dropping off the cot. 'Dean reached for the limp hand, took it firm in his and squeezed reassuringly.'

I like how you wrote Sam's confusion and how some memories of what he has done this season came back to him. It will be interesting to see if they address that during the rest of the season.

What a great speech from Bobby even after Sam tried to kill him again, perfect. :) "I didn't get a stab at being your real daddy. But to me, you're my real son."

Dean reassuring Sam as he worries about the wall staying in place, that sounds like the big brother we all know.

I enjoyed reading this tag.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.

Until next time, take care.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Great tag to 6:11. Totally believable that Sam would have a physical reaction to getting his soul back with the vomiting and the pain and also remembering what he did when he was soulless, particularly to Dean and Bobby, no wonder he was scared he couldn't trust himself. Adored Bobby's speech, genuine and from the heart and what Sam just needed to hear. Just hope that with Dean by his side Sam can resist scratching at that wall.

Thanks for giving us this as the show certainly won't!

Hope you had an awesome Christmas Karen and that you have a wonderful new year. Thanks for all the great fics you've entertained us with during 2010. :)
carocali chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
LOVE your take on this! I am SO behind in reading; I promise to get to your stuff. Work, teaching, life - WAY too busy. But THIS was made of awesome! So glad I took a moment away to read it!
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
This . . . this is how it should be.

I just don't even have words for this . . . it covered it all, the desperation, the fear, the up top memories returning, the imagery of the wall, the forgiveness . . . aw, Bobby, guh, always does and says the right thing.

It's perfect.
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
"A frosty, cold chill rushed down Dean's back and he shuddered hard. The little hairs, everywhere on his body, coming to attention." - Loved that detail of how Dean felt when Death looked at him.

"Love has won you this one chance." Death gave a nod indicating Sam. - So true. GUH.

"A hit-man that rarely missed his mark..." - Loved that description of Death.

"He fumbled with the set, unable to find the right key fast enough." - Perfect way to convey Dean's frantic urgency to release Sam from the cuffs.

"Someplace he needed to stay. Because-because-because the whole world depended on him doing just that. Dean depended on him doing just that." - So heartbreaking...

"You're all right, Sammy." Dean curled in over Sam. Holding him. Hushing him, "Sh. You're okay." / "We're going to be okay, Sam." Dean pulled Sam's hair back away from his face." - Damn, I love me some protective, comforting big brother Dean!

"Dean's hand came up to support his neck - tender and gentle as if he were handling a newborn." - Dude, are you trying to kill me with the sweetness? LOL

"He was in the bunker known as the panic room - his least favorite room - ever." - True 'dat. Poor Sam.

"And a damn near uncontrollable, nagging itch in his head." - Nice touch, referring to The Wall. And I loved the warning signs that Sam saw.

"Dean responding to his question with another question. So not a good thing." - I love that Sam is aware enough to know this little detail about his big brother.

"One angel with wings. / Another, without." - Liked that...and all of your other descriptions of Sam's jumbled memories.

Bobby shrugged. You have to tell him. / Dean shook his head. No. - Look at you doing the silent communication thing! :)

Aw...looove Bobby's speech to Sam!

Duct tape...LMAO!

And OMG...loved the ending. Just perfect!

*happy sigh*
zoeysgirl chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Just awesome!
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Ok WOW this was one of the best rendition of the return of Sam's soul I've read, loved every part of it, thanks so much, Nicole.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Damn, that was just lovely I haven't read in a while, and that just tickled me pink. Thanks!
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Aww I love it! I really hope they do something like this when the show comes back on! It would make me all kinds of happy! p
phyllis16 chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
i loved this story and i hope you continue it.i would love for this to be the way the story goes on spn show.
Onari chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Nice one, Karen. Lovely as usual ;)

L xx