Reviews for A Very Guy Christmas Carol
JohnGilbertVampirehunter chapter 5 . 12/27/2013
Nice. He was so caught up with being nice to humans Guy didn't think to be nice to his horse. Serves him right.
JohnGilbertVampirehunter chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
I don't like most of season 3; I don't like that Robin died; Kate was annoying and I hate Isabella but I like that Guy was sort redeemed and so I like it better then the other two seasons. Any way awesome story.
Saramagician chapter 5 . 2/7/2011
your story was very beautiful. i enjoy it. the idea of three sporot is inteligent idea.

please written more about bbc robin hood chiefly Guy. thank you.
meridian-rose chapter 5 . 1/20/2011
I wanted to do a long review of everything but I loved, but seriously, this was fantastic and the review would be so wordy...just awesome. It was rec'd to me and I'm so glad it was. Absolutely wonderful.
Annie Lucas chapter 5 . 1/11/2011
A very lovely story. Two tissues worth because yes, I had tears. My favorite scene was Guy remembering his ill-fated interaction with Marian at the castle. A true case of regret. Don't we all have interactions we wish we could do over. Very clever and beautifully written. Thank you.
Novindalf chapter 5 . 1/9/2011
This is such a fantastic story; I absolutely love it D
Elfrieda chapter 5 . 1/9/2011
Ha! Such a cute ending. I really enjoyed the whole thing, so thanks for writing it! I'm glad Guy and Allan made up (such a shame their relationship was neglected on the show in S3), though it's hard for me to imagine they'd be quite so willing to put their feelings into words, even after Guy's transformation . . . still, it was really sweet. I also liked how Robin chose to believe Guy for Marian's sake, and the part about how Guy could feel that Marian forgave him.

Bravo!
StarKid McFly chapter 5 . 1/8/2011
This is so clever.

I love it :D
DreamersScape chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
Yay! What a awesome ending! (both the conclusion of storyline and the epilogue :)) This was so fun to read and I'm glad that there were (suitably for the circumstances) happy endings for all involved.
jadey36 chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
What a wonderful end to a wonderfully satisfying story.

I'm really pleased that Guy spent the time he did with the outlaws, especially Allan, and the somewhat amusing way they regarded this changed Guy of Gisborne. And the reference to the dark haired girl on the bay horse (Marian) was a lovely touch.

Thanks for sharing; it's been a pleasure.
LadyKate1 chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
I've already reviewed this on the board, but I'll say it again: this is a great story. I love all the spirits, and I love the last part - Guy's tentative interaction with the gang and with Allan, and the vision of Marian riding next to him at the end... and the horse throwing Guy into the mud puddle is really cute and saves the ending from being overly sappy. An instant classic if you ask me!
DreamersScape chapter 4 . 12/31/2010
Whew, I've really enjoyed all of this 'Carol'-reworking, but you really got to me with this chapter! Very moving and compelling. I truly felt for several if not all of the characters (even Isabella, who had her moments, but I could never quite care about in the show) while reading this. Allan's longing to know he's been forgiven and then self-doubt that he'll never manage it after hearing of Guy's death, Guy's continual stubbornness and rationalization before his discovery of Marian, and Marian's sorrow and then joy when Guy finally shows his remorse ('cause I always felt that whether she could or would have loved Guy, she *did* want to help him reach that untapped potential for redemption that he had) were all very well done. Also loved Guy's line that snow should be black from the first chapter and Much as the Ghost of Christmas Present. I was hoping from the start that Much would fill that role since in general I associate the 'Present-Ghost' with the one from the Muppet Christmas Carol, so secretly I was hoping he would declaim "Come in, and know me better man!" Somehow, I could 'see' Much doing that ;)

Can't wait to see how this all ties up!
jadey36 chapter 4 . 12/30/2010
Had pretty much guessed the final spirit would be Marian. Surprised Guy didn't guess sooner (or perhaps he did have an inkling but couldn't bear to admit it to himself). Anyway, having Marian as the final 'ghost' did seem fitting and right. Have to say, I was feeling somewhat sorry for Guy during this chapter. And, funnily enough, for Robin, too. And Allan.

I loved the paragraphs following Guy's shout of "MARIAN!". Of Allan; and Isabella; and Robin; and the Holy Land. And THIS: "At his words her eyes opened, and Guy felt his heart leap, for gone from within those depths was the unbearable sadness, the pain. In its place was forgiveness mingled with joy, and for the briefest of moments, Guy of Gisborne was at peace."

So, will this be the catalyst that forces Guy to change his ways? I look forward to finding out.
jadey36 chapter 3 . 12/29/2010
Dear Much. Still babbling in his usual fashion. Guy's retort: "Are you done?" Guy crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow with impatient sarcasm." :)

Liked the fact that Much is scared of heights, it was - very Much.

And this: Much-ghost glared at him. "You know, you're completely ruining this for me!" Made me laugh.

Can't wait to find out who the final ghost is.
jadey36 chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
Really enjoyed this chapter. You've captured Allan's cheeky nature very well. This tickled my fancy: "Sorry, mate. I've never been much good at those quick incomin's."

Off to Stave III...