Reviews for Project Armageddon
Schatze8210 chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
This is absolutely one of my most favorite stories. I've read it at least a dozen times and cannot believe that I have not written a review before now.

Jack's smugness when he informs the Team about what is on the news; Sam's determination to halt the progress of the program and her sense of guilt at failing the General; Jack's shock at Sam's suggestion/request, and subsequent response; and Daniel's sitting vigil at Sam's "sickbed" are all definitely what we have come to expect of their characters. Well done! And, thank you for sharing.
hedwiggins chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Really good story. Very tense. Most interesting about the reasoning for who was saved and who would be terminated. Love, love, loved how Sam was saved and why, and what Jack said to the President about them at the end.
fems chapter 5 . 4/19/2011
Ah, you really had me spooked there! Poor Jack trying to fight the inevitable, not wanting to wake her and almost eager to take on the burden (of watching her die) himself, like he usually does.

But yay, a baby! I guess miracles do exist.

Daniel loyal as always, watching over her despite the distance between them. Aw, even McKay is showing his support.

An excellent story and nice little 'epilogue' in the last scene. Although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want a situation like this to celebrate my birthday! ;)
fems chapter 4 . 4/19/2011
Interesting concept, using the Bible's genesis. Now, do you mean to imply with this that the Ancients were also the ones who created the world the first time around and decided to leave a little program for the process to 'restart'? Maybe more than once... That somehow their creation and actions were the foundation of (some of?) the Bible's stories? Or not?

Aww, such a touching moment between Jack and Sam in the end. I can only imagine her mortification though as it appeared Jack was going to refuse her! Poor man was probably caught off guard and as usual, spoke without thinking.

TIMs:

- "Sam looked away to gather her resolved before..." - resolve
fems chapter 3 . 4/19/2011
Oy, looks like Sam has no choice but to stay! How sneaky of those Ancients... either they were aware of the Asgard beaming technology or had similar tech themselves. Or, they may have simply thought that they should stop spaceships coming to their rescue or leaving the planet... Hum, I wonder if the same goes for the ring transporters of the Goa'uld? They weren't there at the same time, right? And although the snakes probably stole most of the technology from the Ancients, it would still be worth a try.

It's so like Sam to consider failing the people of Earth and Jack specifically, not even stopping to think it meant she might actually die too!

I assume they are going back to the SGC and leave through the gate? I hope they made sure to check if the gate actually still works, because if I were a devious Ancient that helped create this program, I would disable that as well.

Well, at least the survivors will have a planet with a clean atmosphere and plenty of plant life to destroy when they start repopulating...

TIMs:

"... always before they had faced crises together, as a team" - missing period at end of line.
fems chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
Oh no, they failed to prevent initiation of the project! I wonder how many people are tagged for termination... All that hard work, I'm sure Sam was ready to rewrite the laws of physics if necessary and yet she and McKay still couldn't work it out. And all Daniel can do is sit there and translate the obvious, tsk.

At least Jack knows Sam did her best and isn't scolding her as I'm sure some other general could have done, taking their frustration out on the scientists.

Hum, I'm a bit confused; if this is season 8 and Jack is a mere brigadier general, then why is Hammond merely a special advisor? Shouldn't he be involved as the director of HWS?

Oh wow, talk about decimating the world's population! I am curious how you got to this number; is it an educated guess or do you have another reason?

Interesting that there are subspace communiques coming from the Ancient technology. While it makes sense for the heritage sites and storing facilities to send out the signal, it also makes me wonder if distance is a factor for off-world technology transmissions, or if every single piece of Ancient technology in the whole universe would react. Considering the usage of subspace networks by the Tok'ra, who seem to be able to use it from any given point in space... Hum, if they somehow survive, it could be an excellent way to bag them some more Ancient technology if they can get to the transmitted locations.

Oh no, Sam too? Well, congratulations to you, Samantha Carter. It might be your last birthday. Aw, that's so sad. I have no doubt that she'll insist on staying on Earth for as long as possible, trying to save the day once more.

Obviously, none of the generals in that room nor their family members are targeted for termination, otherwise they wouldn't be shocked at using Operation Adam.

Let's just hope that disclosure of the program won't realize the reality Sam once visited...

TIMs:

- "... the exemplary actions of the individuals of the SGC have managed..." - don't you usually write 'SGC' without 'the'?
fems chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Well, sounds like a good way for Jack to start his day; under the ice, with Weir for whom he seems to have a bit of respect (in the beginning), Daniel babbling about his favorite aliens and McKay present as well. In short; three scientists, Weir who's close to being a politician/diplomat, Daniel the moral compass and McKay the pompous ass. Hum, maybe he should have seen these circumstances as a sign...

I like how you've incorporated real life stuff into this, like them using youtube. Not to mention that they can connect to the internet while 2 kms under the ice! I too am interested in what kind of alien structure, most likely a flying city considering the comparison to Atlantis, they have found in the Atlantic.

Oy, Sam and McKay having to work together... again. Must be very uncomfortable, with their 'past' and the 'unrequited lust' hanging over their heads - I took the liberty of using McKay's words. I feel for her, because we all know how annoying McKay can be. We know that he can be somewhat normal, he's had his moments and was doing much better in SGA... but still. Poor Sam. What a great way to celebrate her birthday, working with McKay :P

Gadeirus, huh? Sounds very interesting and it makes one wonder what kind of long term plans the Ancients really had for Earth!

Oh my, geo-tagging all the humans and terminating them? Sounds like for once our heroes don't have to save the planet, but the inhabitants directly! While Sam and McKay are both incredibly smart, we all know the Ancients were even smarter... I'm not sure if their combined intelligence will be enough to save the human race!

Well, at least the IOA, the military and the different countries seem to be working together somewhat. I guess that's a good thing.

Oy, operation Adam? Well, at least they have a contingency plan...

TIMs:

- "If the evacuation operations were on the same scale as DEFCON, the evacuation preformed during Apohpis' fleet invasion..." - preformed or performed?
stark40763 chapter 5 . 1/20/2011
Wow...Earth may have been restored to a Paradise, but at what cost? Asia and Africa alone must have been severely depopulated, let alone the rural areas of Europe, and North America. The ironic thing is that the Ancient Technology could have just cured those people instead of killing them, or even just sterilized them, so they couldn't have children. I'm sure nothing we have today was as bad as the plague was. Still, in any rate the world won't be the same at all...
Durabys chapter 5 . 1/1/2011
Ehm, very good writing style, but thats probably the last good thing.

Let me say it that way:

Are you somekind of right wing rascist nutter, let me quote what you have written:

"No," Daniel was quick to deny. "While it seems to be 'ethnically' based on certain geographical concentrations of individuals marked for 'termination' like China, Africa and aboriginal groups, we have been able to determine positively that it is physical health—extreme poor health and malnutrition and things like a terminal illness—or insulin depended diabetes, HIV, etc—or genetic predisposition towards a terminal illness that is the reason for the status."

Now you would say that Daniel said "No", ehm I have an great-uncle which has a daughter who has a slight genetic error(that could be already cured by todays retroviral genetic therapy, not to mention Lantean genetic altering machine that Nirrti had or that one which was on Atlantis) which causes that if she drinks milk with a certain protein(90 percent of all milk products have that protein) it will literaly make a shortcut in her brain and burn it out, she is vegetable(it could be said an age 2 todler level) for the last 15 years, should we kill her only because our technology is still not on the level to heal her (again not to mention Lantean healing devices or their Goauld spin-offs) or for that kill her because she will never "grow up", should we be like in Gattaca when they can find when you die in your DNA and ostracize you from the entire society because of it.

For other people you should put this with certain Georgian Guidestones (google Georgian Guidestones, it is really enlightining) in parralel that say that:

1)Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

2)Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.

3)Unite humanity with a living new language.

4)Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.

5)Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

6)Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

7)Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

8)Balance personal rights with social duties.

9)Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.

10)Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

Well yes some people will say "Yeah but most they are quite reasonable" yes they are only the means to achieve it are DEFINATELY NOT REASONABLE, if you search who probably was the group of people that erected these stones then what they have benn RECORDED saying publicly you will get not a goosebump, most likely your whole back from your ass to your back hair will freeze over from fear. Quoting one of them :

Reported by Deutsche Press Agentur (DPA), August, 1988.

In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation.

Prince Philip

HAHA overpopulation, that you instignated to be more powerful and have a bigger income in taxes and selling products. HYPOCRITES!

Of course they will begun with us, not themselves.

Now that I have flamed to death the fanfictionist of this otherwise well written fanfiction, I will point our some interesting and very disturbing things about lanteans themselve which I discovered during wathing mainly SG: Atlantis ... it is interesting to see that I havent noticed a single Asian or African descent(please forgive, I havent studied political corectness, I dont know how to express myself in a way that is right) when I saw the episode with the Aurora class battleship the Tria with its Lantean crew or for that matter a cross(again I didnt studied political corectness) between the DOMINANT caucasian descent that was there, that goes also for the Asurans, where there was a single black skinned looking alike Asuran replicator, either they existed in the lantean population and we knoe the asurans wanted to copy the best form avaiable OR they made it so they dont look "STRANGE" when they were met by AR-1 , you know like "dont stick out like a sore thumb" and blow a certain "DARK" secret from their past, all in all this is all hypothetical yeah.

By the way before you ask I am myself of caucasian descent.

I wish you a merry cristmas and a happy New Year to all peole of this planet, of any religion and race.

Durabys, signing off.
Andriabow chapter 5 . 12/30/2010
I'm really enjoying this story. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
dpdp chapter 5 . 12/29/2010
Wonderful story. Great ending. Looking forward to your next story.
VGWrighte chapter 5 . 12/29/2010
Yea! Lovely.
Andriabow chapter 4 . 12/28/2010
Wonderful job done with this story. Thanks for sharing.
dpdp chapter 4 . 12/28/2010
Very nice. Looking forward to more.
Vinividivinci chapter 4 . 12/28/2010
Squeal! You've just made this shippers day! Now you'd better figure out a solution cause if you kill off Sam it'll wreck what's left of my year. Love your story.