Reviews for Follow The Star
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 1 . 2/12/2013

Lucy and Liliandil...

So so so pretty and beautiful and bright-shining-star-twinkle-bright-light! I don't have a word for it, so that'll have to do. It's exquisite and perfect.

I don't know the movieverse, so I didn't understand some of the references, but that didn't really matter.

Angel Of Versailles chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
such a sweet one-shot
Starbrow chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Words, they fail me. From beginning to end, this was just, oh my goodness, so wonderful. So many exquisite elements, so much beautiful imagery in the use of light and holding it and it spilling forth into the darkness. I adore the thought of Liliandil fighting the LOTGK in the heavenly and earthly realms, and this being the motivation behind joining Caspian. (You mentioned Lucy meaning light! Love it!). The interplay between the two women is so gentle and loving, letting us read subtext if we like but certainly don't have to to appreciate the sense of kinship and understanding in their relationship.

You perfectly captured the feelings of Lucy's in-betweenness that I am exploring currently, and that line about the churches is just heartbreakingly beautiful. Between that and your GORGEOUS use of the St. Francis canticle, I am positively inspired to somehow work in a scene in England with a music motif in a church and finding Aslan in that. Oh, it HURTS. But so good. SO GOOD. Favorited about a million times.
greaves chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
I've read this before, but I reread, and felt that you deserved a review. (Finally, coughcough.) I'm thinking particularly of Lucy's troubles in AW in reading this, and it feels very relevant. "If you lead, your people will follow such a Star as you." And Liliandil's remarks regarding Jadis are actually quite chilling considering that we, as readers, know her fate, but I love the idea of her as a sort of warrior-star, and being formidable and dedicated. And the light/darkness contrast you have running throughout is wonderful.
Artemistmg chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
I don't know how I missed this one! I've always connected Lucy and Ramandu's Daughter together due to Lucy's name meaning 'Light.' I always felt like there was a story missing, because the two seemed to just fit together.

I love that you've given Liliandil purpose, because all she was interested in was giving plot details. I also love that she's not going because of Caspian, but for herself, adventure, and duty.

(I also love the references to the kings and a certian witch.)
HarmonyLover chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
I was not going to read this. Was. not. *flails helplessly* I still have to finish TQSiT, but after all the crazy comment fic and the allusion to Bacchus running off with Lucy and Capian, my mind went back to VDT and well...

"She would always be looking for Aslan's gentle presence and compassionate words and she would not find him in the dark, damp churches, nor in the narrow minds and shallow platitudes of the men who preached in them."

Amen to that. I find that voice in music, in writing, in beautiful flowers and wide-open fields, in many things that are not churches and platitudes. Beautiful. And now, having started down this path, I am going to keep scanning and read about RAF pilot Peter. :)
mokatster chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Wow, I can't believe I didn't know this was up here! What an amazing little piece-and movie-verse, too! :) I love the comparison of Liliandil's leaving the skies and Lucy's leaving Narnia to return to England. Is it Jadis that the Star is meant to follow? I wonder how that came to be her duty, and what such a battle between the two would look like?

Great job, as always! :)
sammie28 not signed in chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
I finally saw the film, and as I saw the green mist and Lilliandil, I kept thinking of this FF. I'd thought that, having given her a name, that she'd be in more of the film, but she was in the film even less than she was in the book.

Your FF has given her a purpose, as this ultimately becomes her fight (not Caspian's), and your FF has given the green serpent a double reason for killing her in "SC". It has also neatly tied "VDT" and "SC" together through the green mist and Lilliandil's battle.

I also very much enjoyed Lucy's comment on the story of three kings following a star. I never thought of the parallel, but in making Lil (every time I see her name I think of Phil and Lil on "Rugrats") a star, it makes the parallel rather powerful. Brilliant!
MrsTater chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
This is beautiful! The movie did such a poorjib if giving Lilliandil any real significance, but you've dine it here. I live the thought if her knowing she has a role to play apart from simply being a consort, that you've tied in her death as being something she's willing and ready to face fir the sake of eradicating evil ( and nice tie in of the White Witch with the Silver Chair witch).

I feel for poor Luxy, too!
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Ooooh... that last line was FANTASTIC.
sammie28 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Beautiful. A fantastic parallel between the wise men and the star and Caspian and Ed and Lucy and Liliandil, and a plausible reason for Liliandil to go to Narnia - a nice movie-verse tie between VDT and SC.

My favorite part, though, was Lucy and Liliandil getting time to talk together and share!
Miniver chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
What a gorgeous story. You saved the Movieverse! Your depiction of Liliandil gives both her and the green mist a meaning. The more I think about how strong and intrepid you've made Liliandil, the more excited I get about how this reshapes the overall tale, even into the Silver Chair. Well, really, why would a Star's Daughter just stand there and gleam prettily if she has the understanding of the Light of the World in her veins? This feels so much better!

I love the parallel you made with the Three Kings and the Star in our world. And I am completely delighted with the remark about the two Kings and the Queen. Of course most of all I love the way both these wonderful ladies strengthen and comfort each other. Thanks so much for this!
intriKate chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
I didn't get a chance to review this before I left for Nova Scotia and the internet-less snowy lands, but I enjoyed it! Different flavor to it, somehow, for being movie-verse, and I like how Lilandil and Lucy both have missions of their own that they're choosing. Very nice. :)
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Saint Francis's verses appeal to everyone, I think...perhaps they were even Baruch Spinoza's pantheist inspiration?

Anyway, this was a lovely entry for the holidays and a touching homage to the latest entry in the movie serialization, as well. May the Dawn Treader take you and all your readers to where Daydreams come true in 2011!

Season's Greetings,

Avia Tantella Scott chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
So very sweet, and such a good premise for a Christmas story. I love what you've done with Liliandil's character by making her a strong woman in a fandom that so desperately lacks them and giving Lucy a female mentor at the same time! And of course, the final bit: so magical and so sweet and so perfect for Christmas! Brava, once again!