Reviews for Matte Black
Kalen Bloodstone chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
I Love these, I've read a few, the poems mainly. I just love the way of which it speaks. I truly find you an amazing writer, you'll be added as such.

I don't add many of them, not many are strong enough at this work and don't preach the way yours do. Love your stuff!

Aiden Fletcher, an Artemis Fowl and Inheritance Cycle Writer . . .
SirPrickles chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Emotional impact is pitch-perfect; you've captured the feeling with the staccato sentence structure. The word choice was strong; but I found recapitulation a little off (prolly had to do with the fact that I read it as rapscallion...XP my bad!)

You do hit your stride, I think, after E, where it just flows so painfully! Poor Annabeth!

Nice work! Sad piece of poetry!

...and you've forced me to look up "xeric". Well played, Fred.

Good read!

XD
Aventine Hill chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
I adore this.

I think I shall say that again for effect: I. Adore. This.

I especially like the last section, F back through M. It just really catches the emotion. And it's angst. Angst is win.

There's just one thing that puzzled me a bit-Annabeth would have joined the Hunters in this, correct?

'Twas epic. 8D

-Ave
Lord Jace chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Not really my style, not because its to dark(I like dark!), but tad to obsessionist, if that's even a word.
the ghost king chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Dark, I like it, and I like it a lot.

My favorite lines:

"Life. Ended. (Charon still hasn't gotten that raise.)"

"Hunters of Artemis. She hated herself by the time they came."
Aanaleigh chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
It took me several minutes to realize that you started from M, but I can't see very well at this moment, so over look that. xD

Anyway, when I was reading, Annabeth didn't pop into my mind (I never looked at the top) But you did a really good job on this. I love it.

*feeds Fred's ego*

*Sam
Jason LaVey chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
...dang. :O

Very nice, Fred. _ It was... I don't even know how to describe it. It was... Ah, screw this. It was a great read.

XD The line about Charon was a nice, comical relief. That was great.

Well, clearly my mumbling is getting neither one of us anywhere, so...

-Aaron
inked-writer chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Sigh.. It's good though. :D
Hayley Barry chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
First Comment _

Not holiday-esque, no, but still a pleasant read.

"Life. Ended. (Charon Still hasn't gotten that raise)" XD

Very sad, very poignant, and nicely executed. If anyone could write it like this, Fred can. )