Reviews for A Year Without Rain
Reader chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Adorable!
smartyjonescrzy chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Ahhhh! Another one! You are on FIRE, girl! I hope this kick of yours never ends!

This was...terrific to the point of making me giddy. I can't even describe how awesome an experience reading this was. I loved the little OC characters you insert, from the maid down to the girl with the fan. Everything, the people, the setting, the emotions, all come vividly to life in a very beautiful way. Breathtaking. YOU ROCK! :D

I loved how you were able to perfectly capture in a scene the -er - rocky, relationship between Annie and Sarah Saw. You nailed it. Perfect. I also loved the cute little story you made behind how they first met one another. I'm pretty sure their first date was a double-date to a theater show in NYC with Susannah and her husband (they were already married at the time). Robert wasn't going to go, but Susannah insisted he escort a very close friend of hers to the show, and voila - the rest is history. You might get another songfic outta that date! ;D Love how you portrayed Annie's relationship with Susannah here as well - they actually were very dear friends.

I know that Annie was in attendence with Shaw's family on the day the regiment marched through Boston, looking down on the proceedings from the Shaw mansion. The only thing we know about the actual event was what Shaw's youngest sister Ellen wrote about the whole thing - so I loved how you were able to really slow down this moment in time and take the time to describe all the emotion ringing through such a significant event...it's also a heartbreaking one, as this was the last time Annie ever saw her young husband alive.

So so so so so so SO beautiful! Loved this sooo much! Thank you for writing this, you are AWESOME! :D

smarty
CarminaxBuranax chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
When you wrote the words: "Eyes! Right!" my heart started pounding, I don't know why. It's so sweet, but it makes me sad to think the last time she ever saw him and he died a few months later.
Kiara Shaw chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
That's the song I thought of when I imagined how Annie felt when Rob left.
TheTordNation chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
This was so cute! I loved it!
GoldenThroat chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
This is so sweet and heart warming, I'm sure that their love was just as strong as you make it out to be:) You should write a companion story with Rob's POV. You could use the same song or maybe something different. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!