Reviews for Rediscovering Honor
Ana chapter 63 . 3/4
I can only say that I loved it. 3
I felt like the ending was kind of rushed and abrupt.
It's kind of silly how a bunch of things changed, and the fight still went the same way.
1) Why would vegeta say he will never have a son? He already has an intended mate.

2) Why would vegeta Be so rude to seemingly disown trunks?

3) Why would vegeta give the "if you kill even one innocent person" speech?
Great, emo Vegeta now.
Killing a thousand planets? Eh, whatever.

Raping people? Puke. Terrifying.
I think Bulma is in the wrong here. She did hit Yamcha first.
Ok, 2 things.

1) Power scaling. If Vegeta's full power is only 200 million in super saiyan, how in the world did he beat a much stronger super saiyan goku easily when he was in his suppressed base form? How did he then get so much stronger, while still only being at 200 million?

2) Things happenings too quickly out of nowhere. Suddenly, Vegeta turns from a random rapist back into a good person because he decides too. Suddenly, Yamcha and Bulma's relationship are having trouble because Yamcha may or may not be cheating. Suddenly this, suddenly that.
This is a much better part of the story. It shows the Saiyan side (or at least, what you made the saiyan side to be) of Vegeta in his natural animalistic elements (I don't think actual saiyans are completely like that, but that is something which was consistently established in the story). It also shows Vegeta fighting for his pride and honor. And it shows him fighting with home base advantage.

This is how the story should have gone.

I didn't pay too much attention, but it seems like Vegeta did not have to go super saiyan. That is the only part which is kind of unbelievable. If we use the most common power scaling of 50x for super saiyan, then I don't think vegeta can overcome such a power difference with skill alone.
Oh wow, more "She tried to shame me" angst, to a problem that suddenly sprang up 2 chapters ago.

Also, sudden revelation once again. "Maybe I shouldn't be bad!"

What was happening in the previous 21 chapters?
This is silly now. If you have to write a A/N to justify OOC, and still justify it badly, it is just stupid. Suddenly, out of no where, Vegeta decides to rape a random alien he just met. Amazing. And the justification is even dumber. After 20 chapters, where many novels have already told a complete story, you need to claim that Vegeta "hasn't really changed that much" to justify a dumb action. He was "raised in an environment where murder and rape were probably common occurrences"? Oh boy, I guess if you see a rapist, you're gonna go off and rape random people you just met for no reason too. I guess every soldier in every war need to be on rape alert.

So face it, this fascination with Vegeta being raped or being a rapist is unjustifiable. It's just something added to make the story more "edgy" or "angsty". Remove it, and nothing will be missed, but the story will be better because it no longer has the jarring "edginess".

Speaking of angsty, this pattern has gotten way too old by now. Vegeta acts nice; he gets mad. He acts nice, then suddenly murders people for no reason. He acts nice; he gets mad. He then acts nice, then rapes people for no reason. It's just padding at this point; pointless filler added to introduce fake tension. I don't feel the tension. I just feel disconnected and bored and imagine it to be another random person committing random evil acts that I don't care about. Why is he doing this? I don't know. Some random silly excuse that has to go in the A/N.

I'd like to point out that the A/N is not a place to justify silly, OOC things that happens in the story. If you have to justify something in the A/N, you are doing it way wrong.

Finally, what is going on? Why did he suddenly snap? Something about his feeling that Bulma is taking away his identity and pride. This happened in half a chapter with no build up. Something similar happened with his murdering people for a slightly different reason. It just happens. We go eight chapters without mention of this problem, then he just suddenly snaps, and wants to be acknowledged as a saiyan. He wants his pride. So he goes off the planet.

So why does he rape a random person? Because that is the ultimate expression of saiyanhood? Because that is honor and pride? Because he is EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL?

Twenty chapters in, he suddenly decides that he need to express his saiyanhood/identity/pride/honor. This causes tension with others. Becoming way too tedious now, but can be salvaged. So where does his suddenly becoming a rapist come in? How in the world is that a reasonable follow up? Maybe he should kidnap a hundred bunnies, the suffocate them with plastic bags, then arrange them in a formation. That is about as a good idea.

Why does he try to explore being a saiyan. Why doesn't he explore being a prideful prince with honor. Go around, find strong people to fight. Walk in the light, announce who he is to the world, face stronger foes. That would be a decent story.
I don't see Vegeta going into a village and murdering everyone like that.
What's up with all these rape-as-backstories for Vegeta?
YellowWomanontheBrink chapter 14 . 2/1