Reviews for It's How We Roll
little2blurry2blue chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Words cant express how much I like this story. Very well written. Very funny. And so true :)
lazyboo chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I feel I should preface this with a small explanatory note. I have always meant to pick up at least one of your stories, knowing that everyone talks about them and mentions you. But my time is extremely limited, I just haven't gotten to it yet. So, when I saw the one-shot I thought it was brilliant, I could have a read of something quick.

This story was... I don't even know what it was. It was kitschy and clever and sweet and sexy and awesome. Meta-fan-fiction or something. I didn't get all the references (like I said, limited time), but I got enough that I was smiling the whole way through.

Your A/N at the top piqued my interest - mentioning ThaDarkSlayer and Vangoghgurrl. Those two are something else.

And then I read the A/N at the bottom and nearly fell off my chair when I saw my own name there. Like woah. I had no idea.

Anyway, thank you for this wonderful little story. One of my new year's resolutions is to try to pick up one new story each week. I'm going to start with Close Protection )
TigerRam chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Disclaimer: there may be random, intermittent bursts of swearing and football-related randomness as it's just after kick-off in the East Midlands derby and my boys are currently losing :(

I smiled when I saw a new one-shot from you (rule loophole: will read a one shot if it's from an author I know writes good stuff) as I'll confess I didn't touch the halloween one as I don't acknowledge that time of year.

As soon as Naomi googled Emily's name I had an idea of where this one was heading and I loved your way of giving shout-outs to so many of the wonderful fics you, I and many others have read this past year. There are the ones that are instantly recognisable and then there are those hidden gems of this site. Not to mention a few I don't think I've read yet.

Sorry, where was I?

Oh yes, I remember, I was trying to work out which of the many fantastic fics you allude to I haven't already read. The extended nods to the lovely pieces of writing that are 'What A Beautiful Mess' and 'Anything to Declare'. I echo the thoughts of others that several of your own to the list of great stories published this year but then since you always proclaim you don't possess any talent I suppose I best stop with the compliments. However, you keep telling me I'm clever (I'm not) so listen to me when I say you've written some bloody marvelous stuff yourself and still are (I spy a CP update to read post match, cheery ;)).

To all the writers of just a handful of the stories mentioned here who I've promised myself I'll someday get around to writing a review for; Hypes, SummerSkins, ImagineAlex, Hawke, luvactually (never did finish that Coin Laundry final review in time), lazyboo and my-other-ride-is-your-mum

Oh bollocks, majorly unhappy now :( I really fucking hate football sometimes. Feel about double my age and wished I drank and/or smoked right about now!

It's not in this fandom, but I've sat (several times) in the same room as my best friend as we've both read our way through the same update of a fic or two so we could discuss them later. Got to say it's really good fun, but then again those of us drawn into these communities are nothing if not analysers.

2010 seems to have been a shitty year for many, it's not exactly been a barrel of laughs for me in many ways either. May 2011 bring better times for us all and continuing awesomeness that is this corner of fandom. When things are good, fandoms are bloody marvelous.

Sorry about the football interludes, that shall teach me to listen to a game with TweetDeck open and trying to multitask my way through the night.

I'll see you in 2011, mate as one of the many who reads millions of words a year with my thoughts on yours and many others fantastic stories.

Most incoherent TR review EVER!

(clicking submit review, it really does work wonders!)
Serroi chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
A piece of awesomeness! I swear I didn't know where you were going when I was reading the first paragraph, and then...WOW :D :D :D

Mixing the FFN fandom with real life Naomily, how wicked is that? That was priceless to see their reaction towards the amount of fluffy, smutty Naomily fictions over there :)

An original way to shout out for the writers that made your year Es!

(If it was me, I would have ofc added your awesome stories aswell, and it's not too hard to imagine an Emily fancying a badass Naomi all tattoed and injured from the army ;) )

Really a great idea mate, I had fun reading this story (that reminds me : I HAVE to read your other stories, I'll start with 'Dragons', cause your writing is too good not to give it a go.)

That's why you won't get rid of me, I'll be writing reviews and reviews (that's the least I can do right?)

Merry christmas by the way, a bit late, but whatevs.

ThaDarkSlayer2 chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
So, my evening went something like this: I had to work. Got the e-mail telling me you had a new story while still at work. Couldn't read it. Damn work. Got out of my car when I got home, and had a missed call from vangoghgurrl. I walk up the stairs to find out what she needed only to find her in the living room spazzing about this story which proceeded to make ME spaz out as well.

She gave me the run down of the A/N, and I couldn't initially remember which specific review you were referring to until I got into the story. Of course, now I remember that day very vividly. Reading fanfic in bed via phone with your boo is a great way to spend the day.

This story was fantastic, and I think I may love it a little more just because it does give little shout outs to all of those stories that we know and love. Thanks for sharing with us. Without people like you, my fanfic bed lounging days wouldn't exist. )

Oh yeah...Martina says: "I was so excited I completely forgot to say that I loved the story, and that I appreciate every one of these wonderful escapes into Naomily."
Vangoghgurrl chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Oh my god! I fucking flipped out when I read this! I called Ash immediately (bitch didn't answer her phone) so when she got home she found me jumping up and down in our living room squealing like a 1997 preteen at a Hanson concert.

I remember this day. Ash and I are laying on the bed gripping our phones as I type this! There is photographic evidence of us on Twitter from an incoming Ink update- we were at a restaurant with friends and proceeded to ignore everyone while we read the chapter at the dinner table.

Just for that- I should make Ash read CP to me on Wednesday! I get it twice then.

You are fucking awesome. My offer to pay your mortgage still stands :)
XelaEnigami chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Brilliant end to a hectic holiday for me. I was excited to find something different from you, and then once I'd gathered what you were doing, I laughed and scared my cat.

Won't drather on anymore about you or your work, you know how I feel. But I loved this incredibly subtle poke at all of us on this site and our involvement. It's just what it is, and each and every one of us just rolls with it.

And naomi's favorite story explanation made me smile.

Massive kudos. (as always you humble person)
Naoemms chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
noblsheep chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Aw Es, I think that's the sweetest thing I ever read.

Merry Xmas and all the best for 2011, hope it's better than this year for you.
HardestHearts chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
This was fun to read. And a very nice way to start a boring public holiday.

I thought I was doing well to spot the different stories, but then I started to get a little lost. I think I need to spend a bit of time these holidays catching up on stories I haven't read yet. Oh what an awful prospect... ;)

On a side note:

THANK YOU for all the words you have written and shared with us this year. I thoroughly enjoy every single one of your stories, particularly CP. Your writing has a way of sucking me in and leaves me counting down the days until the next update. That could also have a bit to do with the way you finish your chapters off sometimes - all teasing and cliffhangery (I secretly love it).

Anyway, I hope you are having a joyous festive season. I'll see you at the Fitch Manor on Wednesday for that loooooooooong CP update. :D
SummerSkins chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Aw just fucking lovely mate, a nice little boxing day treat, as usual written beautiful, portraying Naomily perfectly.

It's been one hell of a year, some great things happening (finding this site and some amazing writers, you included, getting my dream job) and some not so great things (don't need to go into details about those though). But I here that you've gotta roll with the punches so here's to 2011, to the continuation of your amazing stories and whatever new little gem's you choose to delight us with ;-)

Oh and in case I've never mentioned it before a huge thanks, you and a few others on here kept me writing when I really thought of giving up, you have no idea how writing has kept me sane so thanks for that mate - oh and for letting me ramble on at you :-)

I'm hoping to finish the last chapter of Sunsets before the new year, fingers crossed! :-)
HyperFitched chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Cheers darlin'. Nice one. Thanks for that bit of fun. My most special trapeze partner was actually scared of heights, but she did it to face her fears. Funny enough she would trust me to fling her backwards and catch her by her ankles, but you couldn't get her near the edge of a roof to save her life.

I hope next year is better for you. Sending you love and hope for 2011. Now I'm off to drink champagne in the bath, because it's boxing day, and I don't have a show, and I can.

Hypes xx
AssassinsLover chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Ladyhawk1709 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Are you trying to tell me to get on with it? :P

In my defence, I have 3k words of the next chapter and it'll probably (possibly) be up sometime tonight (And I do mean night.) The good part is that the next chapter will be coming rather quickly, it's practically written already.

Anyways, this was lovely :D It was a nice christmas surprise :D Thanks.

Drunk huh? If you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have known :D
xKisswithafist chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Hey Es! Happy Holidays! :D

Oh my god, I LOVED THIS! *-* you included most of my favorite stories, though... I think you didn't write about two amazing ones! you know what I'm talking about lol...

I wanted to ask you about this "graffiti artists, parents and steampunks" I think I haven read about these... could you tell me the titles, please? I'd love to read them :D

Thanks in advance!

Oh and also wanted to thank you for these awesome stories you delighted us this year :') you have no idea how wonderfully entertained you made my evenings and nights while reading your fics, I also wanted to wish you the best for the next year (: you know.. a year full of love, health and success!

Hugs from Mexico XX