Reviews for How It Should Have Been
DLT chapter 29 . 10/5
O my... i'M so sad you didn't write the next chapiter. I really want to know the next. Do you think you will one day? I hope so. I love what you have done. Sorry my english is bad. I'M french.
lisa.marie.d chapter 29 . 7/23/2015
I know this is probably a very long shot but will you finish this? Or at least tell me how you were going to end it?
I just read this and I think it is an amazing story, the best Father/Son fic for Angel and Connor that I have ever read.
MacAttack3355 chapter 29 . 6/19/2015
This series is utterly awesome, and I really, really hope you will finish it someday. Mostly because I love reading it, but also because I'm so curious to find out why you are building Julie up as such a hated character. I suspect something big is coming...something bigger than just a bizarrely fast-growing baby.

What I find most enjoyable in this series is the witty conversations between the characters. I've also been sucked into the fast-paced plot and exciting storyline. If I understand correctly, your version loosely follows the events of the actual TV show? If this is the case, I might enjoy watching Angel more than I think I would. I don't know. The adventure part is riveting and all, but I doubt it could hold my attention without the intermittent episodes of Connor abuse. That's the best part, of course (with the witty conversations coming in a close second).

I think the chapters where Gunn "babysits" Connor were well done. The kid needs someone to keep him in line while Daddy Angel is incapacitated, and Gunn is the most appropriate character to fill in as surrogate parent figure. I wouldn't have thought I'd want to see anybody replace Angel as Connor's disciplinarian - even temporarily - but with Gunn I think it "worked."

I got to say though that I got totally confused when the whole story abruptly changed when Angel did the nasty with Cordelia. Although I only vaguely understood (through context) the stuff about Angel being in love with Buffy but not being allowed to experience true happiness, I "got it" that screwing Cordy caused Angel to revert to his Angelus persona...what I didn't follow was why/how that transition changed EVERYTHING. Cordy disappeared, Wo Pang wasn't dead anymore, the beast that they'd killed (using a sword) came back and had to be killed all over again (this time with it's own horn), and, sadly, a ton of the healing between Connor his dad was erased. I kept reading the chapters, waiting for the strange phenomenon to be explained...when it never was, I went back to Chapter 21 and started over again, figuring I must have missed some key element that would explain the mystery. I think I sort of "get it" now that there was some alternate reality that was, sometime?...but I think this is where it would've been a huge advantage for me to have seen the original show. People who have watched the Angel series probably get what's happening right away, so it's my own dang fault that I was so confused.

But all perplexity aside, I think this is a spectacular series and I will die happy if I can someday read the conclusion. I love a good father/son bonding story. Thank you for writing this!
MacAttack3355 chapter 28 . 6/19/2015
I think Connor does a really good job of articulating to Julie why it doesn't infuriate him to be spanked by his dad, and I like his explanation of why she should quit incessantly harping at him about it!
Guest chapter 29 . 6/11/2015
What's gonna happen? Please update!
DanishGirl chapter 29 . 6/7/2015
Thank you so much for writing this story! I really enjoyed reading it!
otkcp chapter 29 . 3/11/2015
Okay, I really don't like Julie...not at all. She's so manipulative and she's ruining everything! I hope you update again soon.
Gttttttttttt chapter 29 . 12/10/2013
I cant believe this is where you stopped :)
- First of all , Thank you so much for writing and sharing his amazing fic with us .I am sure this story have a special place in your heart since it has been with you since 2003 . 10y Wow.
- for the most part this has been one of the most amazing fics I have ever read . Yes I had a few problems with it lool .But it got nothing to do with your writitng . you had to keep them in character.
- I understand that you have written Gunn in the last few chapters as co- parent for Connor. and you did manage to show him as a loving character. I already in more then one review complained about Gunn role . My point is : I would understood his role if Connor didnt have a father . But he does . what really brothers me about this , is putting the father ( even though he didnt raise him) in the same place as someone he lived with for 6 month . This doesnt make sense to me . yes Gunn may have some love for Connor .but it will never come close to how much his father loves him . In my opinion the right to spank/swat Connor should have only been to his father .
- Moving on , Its really interesting how you in more than once brought the two sides of arugment for and against spanking . And explaining in more than one time that spanking is not abuse and not the same as beating .
- As much as I would love to read what happens next .I am really worried how sad Angle would be when he realize his son is married and about to have a baby :( And julie really perfect manipulative .she really knows how to get Connor to do what she wants
- and 29 ch . and still no " I love you too dad " loooool will mabye we will say it at the end :)
- There were afew things in this fic that reflect on my own life ( I did say them before but I feel like repeating lol )
- When Angle heard his son say to his girlfriend I love too you . and how sad he was that his son was able to say it to a girl he only met a month .and not once did he say it to him :(
This made think about my life and the world around me .and how It so easy to tell your love interst Or your friend that you love them .Yet you find it so hard to to say it to your own blood . :(
- other thing , when Connor talked about how he wanted a happy family and Juile told him , he sould look into the picture through the father eyes and creat his own happy family . I cant tell you how many times I felt jealous and sad seeing happy family .But I guess what I can look for is my own future happy family :)

again Thank for his fic :)
Gttttttttttt chapter 28 . 12/10/2013
wow gald thing are back to normal loool
this ch would have been perfect if it wasnt for Gunn
I hate that guy .
I feel so bad for Angle .I feel like he is broken and lost . and Conner is really being mean to him .I cant believe he havent told him ," I love you " yet :(((
and juile oh God .. just awful
and the worst part Angle is sad that she doesnt like him :( why should he care what that stupid girl think ?!
Gttttttttttt chapter 27 . 12/9/2013
Angle is back finally :)
really sweet moments when he hugged connor
although I kind wish Gunn wasnt there .
the spanking of course I hated it :( . But the scene where Julie and Conner where about to have sex and she found his red bottom. was very yummy looool
Gttttttttttt chapter 26 . 12/9/2013
needless to say , I dislike this faith person . God
Julie is right . why does everyone seem to want to hit Connor ? why is everyone trying to conttol him ? It just sucks :(
and woe Julie is pregnant ! take about surprises
again poor Connor
Gttttttttttt chapter 25 . 12/9/2013
yeah okey

I am still made that Gunn is doing the spanking . I get that you are trying to write him as a loving caring person . But he is not Angle . Still ah
great writing of course
Gttttttttttt chapter 24 . 12/9/2013
these chapters without Angle make me sad :(
I can relate to Connor feeling sad and broken when he said ," they were a happy family ."
I really liked Julie telling him that he should look into the picture through the father eyes , and that could be him :) It kind give you hope lool.
other than that poor Connor :( The fact that Gunn had to swat him makes me angry :( But what can you do :(.
Gttttttttttt chapter 23 . 12/9/2013
great job :)
poor Conner doesnt seem to get a break .
but did I miss some thing ?! didnt ch 22 ended up with the sun being up and they had killed the monster ?!
Gttttttttttt chapter 22 . 12/9/2013
Really surprising and sad ending :( poor Angle
going back to the beginning .this really wasnt an easy chapter to read . I had to pause a few times to take a deep breath .
first of all , the women in this fic are all awful . No really .all they seem to do is cause drama and problems .
starting with Julie , she really went too far . I expected Conner to stop her at some point . but sadly he didnt . and Angle showed a great patience not kicking her out of his house .
I am glad some one finally shut her up .
but I donot like this new girl (I tend to forget names spelling loool ) anyway yes .she did the right thing with julie .
But then she truns around and go yell at Angle of something that is not really her business . I get that she is trying to help , but really get over yourself .
Then for the first time in this fic I really thought Angle was being unfair
when Conner walked into his office clearly upset .she should have kept her mouth shut .it was non of her business and it was really between Angle and Conner .Puls when someone is angery you space not puch .
so, anyway I dont blem Connre for yelling at her .I get that Angel was angry but he was unfair .He could have just told him to shut up or atleast ask the girl to leave . and really 6 swat ?!.I thought what he did was more taking revenge for his love interst as spoose to teaching his son a lesson .
back to the good stuff I am glad Conner finally told his father he loved him :) It was a really nice moment .
going to back the girl I really didnt like the fact that she instead on taking the food to Conner . I mean really have not you done enough ?!

sorry for the long review :) but this is what so great about your story , that it makes think and but yourself in the character shoe looool