Reviews for Aiming for Empty Spaces for Tilley
JLo10131121 chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
No no no! I wanted more. I didn't want that to end. Well, let me clarify. I wanted that last bit to end with them in a sweaty naked pile on the desert floor... :D
thena-ditey chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Wow. Very impressive. I've lost all of my other words. Deep admiration for a job well done. Def. going into my favs.
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Ah, Marshall the inscrutable marshal! Very zen. :)
omg chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
What a creative idea you have here. The last scene, including the walk from the SUV up until the end was very easy to visualize. Nicely done.
Johonna Marie chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
That was so cute!

Marshal seemed very... Marshal like, with the training and vagueness and all.

I liked that she finally hit the target at the end, the sweet success; and she was blind folded! Great job!
kyoiku kanji chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
I keep coming back and reading this one, it's that good. It is nicely self contained and it entertains and provokes thought. Very well written and very true to life.

If it doesn't fit, you find a way of making it work instead of beating it into place or accepting a bad fit.
sagey chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
enjoyed mary's journey and isnt marshall a sweetie..love her noticing marshall at long last...

thanks for sharing

hugs
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
*...dead funny.* Why does that make me chuckle everytime I read it? ;~)

*"You're hammering a bent nail into the wood without taking any time to straighten it first."* - still my favorite line, I think. It completely encompasses the frustrating repetition of what she's doing, that point where one is fatigued enough to quit with any techique and just sloppily keep going for the sake... of not quitting.

Ah, Mary... sometimes you just have to let go in order to rise up, grow, improve. The Tao is balance; you're not balanced. *sigh* But Marshall will get you there. A woman who will say she needs no help, wants nothing, and yet in truth is too afraid to ask for that help, wo give into the want of everything denied her.

You bring all this out in such a telling situation. Beautiful. And relatable.

Soaking wet jeans. Marshall. Mmmmm...

The rock climbing? heh heh heh heh Oh, I'm sure Mary got *some* lesson out of that day. May not have been the one Marshall was intending, but hey: something is better than nothing.

I like how you have Marshall subtlely introducing both the trust walk (okay, that's not so subtle, though its lesson may be) and the existence of extremes, only there to define the other. A very good lesson for her. Mary relies too much on one POV and one sense and black/white extremes. Healthy to get a little gray in there.

'Whatever life brings you,' indeed. :~)
Kerrison chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
This was an amazing read. Thank you so much!

I know I hate it when people leave this particular note, however I can't NOT say it - can we please have another chapter? :)
MadeOfStars chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
I loved it. What a wonderful little present, even if Mary keeps getting hurt all the time so that we get the neat recovery fics... Loved the inclusion of philosophy and the hinted at romantic potential. It was delightful!
VioletHawk chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Interesting...when one of your senses is taken the others become more acute. :)
tilleygirl chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
"Whatever life brings you..." And life brings me this wonderful story by Bujyo! I just love this story. Thank you so much :)

I love how Marshall knows what Mary needs to get to the place she wants to be, how through everything Mary's trust in Marshall never wavers. And I have a thing for the shooting range. I'm not a gun person, but with these two on the range...I find something very sensual about it. Marshall can teach me how to shoot anytime...

Perhaps if I had MARSHALL for philosophy in college, some of it would have stuck, instead of leaving me a horrified confused lump of WTF! I must check out Lao-Tzu. He is a wise man.

*loves you* :D
merciki chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Just Loved it :) So Marshall to help Mary :)

And the way the past is mixed with present ... waow :)

Awesome writting !
Dispatchvampire chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
There's so much to love about this story! The Tao coming from Marshall's lips is always a joy to imagine. The image of them flashing gang colors and running through the barrio was quite funny, as well. I just loved the way the past and present melded together and they moved forward, together.
vinh chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Very well-written, especially the philosophical undertones and realizations.