Reviews for The Phoenix and the Bear
Espn Laflamme chapter 8 . 1/8/2013
I really just didn't want this wonderful story to end! I wanted to find out where Alastor and Albus's relationship would go! and what happens to everyone.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 12/11/2012
Because really, wouldn't it be an appropriate response to this horrible reality to go insane?

-Oh, so true. And I think Reggie was *very careful* about the replacement list if you ask me-and handpicked everyone to drive Albus nuts (short trip), so that Alastor would be back on the job in jig time.

I'm glad that the Bones family is rallying around Alastor, though. It's his turn to follow the soup bowl and let people give to him.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 9/21/2012
Very good chapter. What a pity that Albus didn't outwardly acknowledge that Alastor was totally right about people dying because of his tender feelings about Gellert.

Good look at both Clarence and Erik, too. Love the whole fairy bit, especially.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 8/6/2012
"I must confess that this matter with Miss Bones reminds me..." Albus paused and then wiped his eyes. "Of a certain self-absorbed prat ... Dear God, why must I keep repeating my mistakes over and over again."

-Yes. What a pity. i'm sure there are other students that could have benefited from him learning this. But then, he learns to let Minerva McGonagall be his intermediary-so good with the other Gryffindors.

It was horrible that Alastor had to put down one of his own boyos to save some civvies, and no wonder he fears going over the edge himself. I suspect it'll be a pleasant day in the park for him when Gellert's lads finally do show up, and he can utter the magic words, "Release Hell". (hey, I'm a Gladiator fan...).

And Fawkes really has Albus worried, but I suspect that Amelia will adore waiting on the little featherduster.

Lovely chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
I see that Moody belongs to the Samuel Vimes Pension Administration Committee, supporting so many families on his single salary (and why is the Ministry not paying any attention to this?).

-"By the time he was fourteen, Filius and I ...well, we just kept him for the summer."

Ah. So those kinds of policies _can_ be changed. What a pity they changed for the worse.

Looking forward to the total train wreck about to ensue in the next chapter. Hope Hogwarts is still standing by the time it's over...
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
"You two will get along like a cauldron on fire!" T

-Too right. I adore Reggie-he knows how to support his people, he makes sure that the heroes are recognized as such, and their needs (and those of society around them) are looked after properly.

When did people in Rowling's universe stop doing that?

Very good and lively start (and what a pity that Reggie wasn't there to look after Snape the same way).
MyMadness chapter 8 . 5/27/2012
Oh, Hooray! You're back. And decidedly in form. Loved the bit with "... and the floor is rather hard." You are as spot on as usual. Very nice and gorgeously inventive.
PatientPoet chapter 7 . 5/25/2012
TT_TT Poor Moody. Can I just hug him?
Isilarma chapter 5 . 7/10/2011
This is really good. I like the conflict between Albus and Alastor; you write both of them very well.

Please continue, I really want to know what happens next.
Librasmile chapter 5 . 3/22/2011
Sorry it took me so long to get this. I was off line cause my modem was out of whack. And my car just died so I've been having a month!

Nice chapter. I like the family feeling with Edgar, Alastor and Pru.

Can't wait til we get back to Albus though. I want to see how he's going to redeem himself for his stupidity.
MyMadness chapter 5 . 3/15/2011
Nicely done. The plot has a stiffie, even if Alastor doesn't! (Can I say that?) And I love your modifiers. 'Lascivious, lewd and lusty Linette' and the very visual 'wan Amelia.'

And I'll toss money in your hat every time I get to see you write Fawkes.
Flying Tunamonger chapter 5 . 3/15/2011
This is intriguing, and I like reading it! I love how you made Alastor into a ginger, that makes my day 3 The descriptions of wartime really hammer down what it is like, and I salute you for that too. I hope you'll continue with this one!
Librasmile chapter 4 . 2/6/2011
Hey! You posted. Yay!

Really like the section on the fairy paths. That was a lot of fun! And kudos on throwing in Wodan's Wild Hunt. The Wodeson family salutes you (wink)

I also appreciate the duel between Alastor and Albus cause it's gonna be fun trying to clean up THIS mess, lol. And Alastor doesn't jump to conclusions at all, noooooo, not HIM. (snerk)
Leming83 chapter 3 . 2/3/2011
A fun story so far!
Librasmile chapter 2 . 1/9/2011
ROTFLMAO! I LOVE your universe.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I had to recover from my week. Now that I'm recharged I can give this the proper attention and appreciation it deserves.

You know, you have this GREAT knack for mixing action ( something I suck at ), pathos and comedy all in one yummy little narrative cocktail. I ALWAYS find myself laughing my ass with one of your story. And I'm not even an Alastor fan! But honestly, I think you write the BEST FREAKIN' ALBUS EVER. And you've just brought so much emotional richness to the two characters.

I love Alastor's background here and his relationship with his camrades' families. I absolutely adore Amelia and his relationship with her. Poor little girl. And I actually like that you didn't have Albus go all mushy when he found she was terrified of him. You let him still continue to miss the point which is HUMAN.

Man I can't wait for your next update. Albus and Alastor whacking the hell out of each other. This is gonna be GOOD *grabs the popcorn*