Reviews for The Phoenix and the Bear
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 10/6/2014
Oh, what a lovely Christmas this turned out to be after all! Edgar is back, though with some extra bits no one planned on (all this reminds me of Kvothe and his encounter with the Felurian, though I suspect Rothfuss cribbed from already-extant fairy legend), Reggie with his skin back on, Amelia all healthy again, and Alastor and Albus entertaining each other.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 9/27/2014
Oh, dear-what a vicious trap was laid with going to see a Quidditch star. And losing Edgar in the Fairy lands was horrible, too-yet what else could Edgar do? If only the Kneazle had let Amelia stay where she was...

And Albus is right-they need to do first things first, and have emotional reactions later.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 5/21/2014
I so love this story! I adore the moments that Alastor has with the Bones family; they've been through the mill just as much as he has in their own way, so they all understand each other.

And may Moody and Dumbledore continue to get up each other's noses. Heh.
Espn Laflamme chapter 8 . 1/8/2013
I really just didn't want this wonderful story to end! I wanted to find out where Alastor and Albus's relationship would go! and what happens to everyone.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 12/11/2012
Because really, wouldn't it be an appropriate response to this horrible reality to go insane?

-Oh, so true. And I think Reggie was *very careful* about the replacement list if you ask me-and handpicked everyone to drive Albus nuts (short trip), so that Alastor would be back on the job in jig time.

I'm glad that the Bones family is rallying around Alastor, though. It's his turn to follow the soup bowl and let people give to him.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 9/21/2012
Very good chapter. What a pity that Albus didn't outwardly acknowledge that Alastor was totally right about people dying because of his tender feelings about Gellert.

Good look at both Clarence and Erik, too. Love the whole fairy bit, especially.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 8/6/2012
"I must confess that this matter with Miss Bones reminds me..." Albus paused and then wiped his eyes. "Of a certain self-absorbed prat ... Dear God, why must I keep repeating my mistakes over and over again."

-Yes. What a pity. i'm sure there are other students that could have benefited from him learning this. But then, he learns to let Minerva McGonagall be his intermediary-so good with the other Gryffindors.

It was horrible that Alastor had to put down one of his own boyos to save some civvies, and no wonder he fears going over the edge himself. I suspect it'll be a pleasant day in the park for him when Gellert's lads finally do show up, and he can utter the magic words, "Release Hell". (hey, I'm a Gladiator fan...).

And Fawkes really has Albus worried, but I suspect that Amelia will adore waiting on the little featherduster.

Lovely chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
I see that Moody belongs to the Samuel Vimes Pension Administration Committee, supporting so many families on his single salary (and why is the Ministry not paying any attention to this?).

-"By the time he was fourteen, Filius and I ...well, we just kept him for the summer."

Ah. So those kinds of policies _can_ be changed. What a pity they changed for the worse.

Looking forward to the total train wreck about to ensue in the next chapter. Hope Hogwarts is still standing by the time it's over...
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
"You two will get along like a cauldron on fire!" T

-Too right. I adore Reggie-he knows how to support his people, he makes sure that the heroes are recognized as such, and their needs (and those of society around them) are looked after properly.

When did people in Rowling's universe stop doing that?

Very good and lively start (and what a pity that Reggie wasn't there to look after Snape the same way).
MyMadness chapter 8 . 5/27/2012
Oh, Hooray! You're back. And decidedly in form. Loved the bit with "... and the floor is rather hard." You are as spot on as usual. Very nice and gorgeously inventive.
PatientPoet chapter 7 . 5/25/2012
TT_TT Poor Moody. Can I just hug him?
Izzyaro chapter 5 . 7/10/2011
This is really good. I like the conflict between Albus and Alastor; you write both of them very well.

Please continue, I really want to know what happens next.
Librasmile chapter 5 . 3/22/2011
Sorry it took me so long to get this. I was off line cause my modem was out of whack. And my car just died so I've been having a month!

Nice chapter. I like the family feeling with Edgar, Alastor and Pru.

Can't wait til we get back to Albus though. I want to see how he's going to redeem himself for his stupidity.
MyMadness chapter 5 . 3/15/2011
Nicely done. The plot has a stiffie, even if Alastor doesn't! (Can I say that?) And I love your modifiers. 'Lascivious, lewd and lusty Linette' and the very visual 'wan Amelia.'

And I'll toss money in your hat every time I get to see you write Fawkes.
Flying Tunamonger chapter 5 . 3/15/2011
This is intriguing, and I like reading it! I love how you made Alastor into a ginger, that makes my day 3 The descriptions of wartime really hammer down what it is like, and I salute you for that too. I hope you'll continue with this one!