Reviews for Through The Rain
Hurinturin chapter 23 . 5/30
This is so unlike any story that I have ever read. Normally , the continuations do not live up to the standards set by the author's first story , but your story was so fresh and touching , that I wished to read it again and again. Thank you very much for sharing the story.
Myrrhee chapter 22 . 4/1
After reading Into the Forest, Beyond the River and now Through the Rain, over the past few days I have to say: it was all worth it, for this moment, here in chapter 22.

I understand the changes you made for your stories, to make things more historically accurate. It was hard liking what being real English ladies made Alice and Cora into, particularly Alice; more than once I closed my browser window, irritated at their wanting tables and tea. But despite my misgivings, I returned.

It's been years since you wrote this story, and I'm unfamiliar with the fandoms you're writing in now, so I think any criticism regarding style or language at this point wouldn't be constructive or fair - you've probably matured as a writer. I'll just say there are things here that could have been done better, but that you probably know that and learned from them by now.

I was skeptical. I was, as I mentioned, even annoyed. But I think it was worth it, for this moment: when Alice, having the chance to return to her old life, chooses Uncas. You made Ali

This, and the scene in the epilogue when Uncas playfully reminds her of when she burned the corn, were worth the occasionally uncomfortable adventure.
FanFicFan76 chapter 10 . 10/11/2017
I just cannot stomach the girls' behavior. How could they possibly think it is ok to be so disrespectful? And they are so whiny.
dnil chapter 23 . 5/6/2017
I have read & commented before but just reread today. Something struck me about Alice & why she acted the way she did. She is a very young woman & thinking back to those days for myself, I remembered wanting my boyfriend to pay lots of attention to me. Do you suppose that was a big issue for Alice? Uncas just didn't have time to do that while trying to get the cabin built. But I know when he pulled her from the water to the treeline, she didn't try to get away from him though she was reluctant. I think she wouldn't have felt as free as a woman of today would to show her feelings to Uncas and how she probably really just wanted some personal alone time with him.
Kitsunagane chapter 10 . 3/26/2017
Alice and Cora's selfishness and lack of respect are shameful. How would they react if Uncas and Nathaniel sat in Aunt Eugenie's sickroom chortling and nudging each other? Alice is generally a sullen bore, but now she acts up? Such fine and decorous ladies, they are, to be sure.
Loopybell chapter 23 . 3/26/2017
I think this might be the third time I've read your trilogy. I absolutely love it. So beautifully written. Thank you
Guest chapter 7 . 3/14/2017
poop
NVMF chapter 9 . 3/12/2017
I love Nathaniel's characterization in your trilogy. Just the right blend of pragmatism, kindness, and snark.
Bourgeois Sounds Swell chapter 1 . 2/22/2017
Just reread your trilogy years later after having read it over before. Something I will remember always. A wonderful story, complex and nuanced. Keep writing!
dnil chapter 22 . 1/27/2017
Oh, my, you portrayed Alice and Uncas just the way I imagined. Finally she says the words Uncas needs to hear. And I love the way you end Chapter 22 with the clouds clearing and you said "foretelling a brighter evening" but truthfully it was foretelling a brighter future for the. Amazingly well written story!
Loopy chapter 23 . 10/16/2016
I have spent most of the day reading your trilogy. I thought it was wonderful. I know you wrote it a while back but hope you read this. I loved your versions of Alice and Uncas. Just wish there were more stories out there! :)
Susannah-Belle chapter 23 . 5/14/2016
I know this series is quite old, but it is new to me so I thought I should comment. I cannot think of another series that has moved me so deeply and impressed me so completely. Thank you for this beautiful interpretation of these characters, and thank you for the obvious thought and care that was put into the story. I genuinely have not slept for 38 hours because I have been so affected. Just a beautiful story.
Also I kinda want to take the opportunity to implore you to write more inspired by The Last Of The Mohicans, if you so choose.
Guest chapter 23 . 5/1/2016
Thank you for faithfully writing your series. Beautiful skill and satisfying read.
TiaM chapter 16 . 5/1/2016
I'm trying to have patience with A. So many internal struggles to process. I don't blame her in a way due to social differences and comfort level she was accustomed to.
One thing I don't get and you briefly touched upon. Why would the Munro sisters not have ,s estate? Aren't they entitled to a monetary inheritance?
BlueSaffire chapter 23 . 4/16/2016
Beautiful. You are a very talented writer and I thank you for sharin your story of Uncas and Alice.