Reviews for Through The Rain
dnil chapter 22 . 1/27
Oh, my, you portrayed Alice and Uncas just the way I imagined. Finally she says the words Uncas needs to hear. And I love the way you end Chapter 22 with the clouds clearing and you said "foretelling a brighter evening" but truthfully it was foretelling a brighter future for the. Amazingly well written story!
Loopy chapter 23 . 10/16/2016
I have spent most of the day reading your trilogy. I thought it was wonderful. I know you wrote it a while back but hope you read this. I loved your versions of Alice and Uncas. Just wish there were more stories out there! :)
Susannah-Belle chapter 23 . 5/14/2016
I know this series is quite old, but it is new to me so I thought I should comment. I cannot think of another series that has moved me so deeply and impressed me so completely. Thank you for this beautiful interpretation of these characters, and thank you for the obvious thought and care that was put into the story. I genuinely have not slept for 38 hours because I have been so affected. Just a beautiful story.
Also I kinda want to take the opportunity to implore you to write more inspired by The Last Of The Mohicans, if you so choose.
Guest chapter 23 . 5/1/2016
Thank you for faithfully writing your series. Beautiful skill and satisfying read.
TiaM chapter 16 . 5/1/2016
I'm trying to have patience with A. So many internal struggles to process. I don't blame her in a way due to social differences and comfort level she was accustomed to.
One thing I don't get and you briefly touched upon. Why would the Munro sisters not have ,s estate? Aren't they entitled to a monetary inheritance?
BlueSaffire chapter 23 . 4/16/2016
Beautiful. You are a very talented writer and I thank you for sharin your story of Uncas and Alice.
Guest chapter 23 . 4/6/2016
This was great. Wish there was more!
princess-j3ss chapter 23 . 1/11/2016
Oh my goodness gracious Lord. I honestly don't even know where to begin because I binge read this, I honestly couldn't stop once I started. I thought the first two were incredible, but this one took the cake for me.
The progression of the story! The characterization! You could see the character's motivations so clearly for everything they did, what plagued them, why it did. And your writing style is so eloquent and beautiful! And so reminiscent of the actual time period, I honestly felt like I was back in the 1700's, on a frontier reading this.
I know I read the first in this series when I was younger, and it meant a lot to me then, but it means so, so much more to me now. I love Alice and Uncas, I always have, both as characters individually and together, and I love how fleshed out you've made them; they are no longer side characters, but fleshed out and able to shine through with their own stories and struggles.
I don't think words can really convey how much I enjoyed reading this trilogy, how much this story meant to me. You have such a way with words, thank you so much for writing and sharing this.
GWTN chapter 23 . 7/28/2015
I want to thank you again for sharing your amazing talent, it keeps those fantastic characters alive in our fan's hearts. Especially because so many scenes of Uncas and Alice were cut from the movie, I felt as if it left a hole in my heart after watching the final scene. Although I can't help but think the end of the movie is more realistic in a symbolic sense. The innocence and beauty from the two colliding culture represented by the bittersweet couple Uncas and Alice, were lost and thus to be the price to pay for the founding of a new nation. I think that's what the director's intention was regarding the couple, although the focus was clearly not on them but Nathaniel and Cora. The movie is more political though romanticized. Because we fans all want to see Uncas and Alice survive and to be together, you made it happen in a beautiful way. Your stories are by far the best Uncas Alice fan fiction, I believe, contributed by your fantastic writing skill, sensitive observation, and effort put on research.

I'm wondering if you would write another story for Uncas and Alice soon. Please, we need it! I just found a beautiful you-tube video someone made with the song by Within Temptation, called Memories, it gave me inspiration for a new story. I thought what if only one of them survived, what if only Alice survived? I wish I can write it myself, but I'm not a native English speaker. My ability is very limited. I'm sure you could write another great story.
GWTN chapter 23 . 7/26/2015
I read all of your three stories and really liked them all. I think you are very talented, and it seems you have done some research too, which I wish more of the writers here would do the same. I think you should pursue professional writing, I know it is not going to be easy, but I think you have a lot of potential. There are very few good fictions having Native American people as main characters. I have only read one historical fiction so far which was based on a real Cherokee character, sorry I can't recall the name, but it was so tragic and beautiful. Most of the time I read non-fictions about Native American history, there are so many characters that I think people like you can get inspiration from to make novels and movies. For examples, Crazy horse, Quanah Parker, not only they were great warriors, they had very interesting personal life too. We need to see more realistic, up to-date Native American characters.
lacontreras chapter 23 . 5/30/2015
OMG this was the best trilogy I have read in a long time! It kept me reading long into the night just so I could see what was going to happen next! I couldn't fathom Uncas and Alice NOT together, so around chapter 16 I had to stop lest they actually found someone else! I'm so glad I found this so much later than it was written so I didn't have to wait for updates! Magnificent writing you are so talented I hope you are getting paid for some of these published works! If this were a book I would have it on my shelf! I wished it would not end but the ending was very nice! I will reread this at a slower pace so I can savor every word again! Thank you so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/19/2015
This is so so so so so good oh my goodness you are such an amazing writer! PLEASE write more LOTM stories...or I may die!
EmbryCrumbleCakes chapter 23 . 12/9/2014
*Lets out shaky breath* Omg. I can't even speak coherently right now. I just marathon-read all three of your Last of the Mohicans stories and they were absolutely perfect. Seriously, perect. I rewatch LOM every year because it's one of my favorite movies and Uncas and Alice's tragic-never-to-be-love-story is one of the most upsetting/wonderful/affecting pairings I have ever watched and I keep coming back to it. After watching the movie this past time I was kind of depressed and just wanted a freakin happy ending for them so I decided to look for a fanfic and thankfully stumbled across your trilogy! I don't know how to describe what I was looking for in a story, but this one has EVERY SINGLE THING I could ever want out of an Uncas/Alice fanfic and more. Like how did you read my mind?! Your writing is amazing-tonally, descriptively, and with characterizations that really stay true to the movie. So glad you took the time to share your talents here :) So not to belabor the point, but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for writing this! Seriously made my day/month/life. xoxo Take care!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2014
Amazing job with this story, I read through it all in one day, it was so good. I must admit I did not want it to be over! Great job!
Guest chapter 23 . 9/14/2014
I'm so sad this series is over! I read the whole thing over a weekend and I feel so attached to the story now! Thank you for deciding to write this!