Reviews for Life, Happiness and the Dark Passenger
illusion95 chapter 6 . 1/8/2014
I hated how Lumen just leaves at the end of Season 5. Dexter and Lumen are soulmates! They are both broken people who accept and love each other even though no one else could... Thank you for giving this a much better ending. :)
lukakrug chapter 4 . 11/5/2012
Great story! Just one minor mistake, tough. You keep writing their instead of there. Going to read the rest now!
thrownhammer chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
I thought it was weird that they never say if she left Miami, or just Dexter.

I also think it would have been cool in season 4 somewhere or ep 1 of season 5 it show her go into a bar and start talking to someone that you can't see, then the scene cuts away without explanation. Then when he finds her months later you'd be like 'oh crap guys, that's that girl from the bar you know the scene that appeared to have no reason for being there TWO months ago.' It would have help show the huge amount of time that went by while she was missing. I think in one of them it said she flew into Miami one week before Rita was murdered and disappeared a few days later.
thrownhammer chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
Hey, just rereading you stuff. :) As for odd the way we never found out what Lumen did for a living, I always thought it was intentional. I thought they were doing it to mold her into an 'every-women' archetype so that all women could put themselves in her shoes. I love seeing the different jobs people give her in their stories because it just reenforces this. You and I had her as a successful financial officer, also I have seen her as a teacher, working in a bookstore, a coffee shop (funny), working with special needs kids, etc. I think that's why she never weighed in on any kind of issues like religion, politics, etc and why she was always in normalish clothing that any economic group could wear. Like they say she eats tofu but stop short of calling her a vegetation or vegan. Or, maybe it's on the cutting room floor, lol.
edwardfiend chapter 6 . 2/28/2012
Really enjoyed this. :)
WrittinInStone chapter 6 . 1/13/2012
I really liked what you've done with this fic. Great job.
WrittinInStone chapter 5 . 1/13/2012
I'm really truly liking this fic so far.

Great job.

Reading on.
thrownhammer chapter 6 . 12/13/2011
I loved it and would like to read more. Thank you for taking the time to write it and even more for sharing it.
Slipgate chapter 6 . 10/25/2011
I ended up needing some context from you, not knowing the series, but what I think you manage to do - as far as what I know about the series now after looking it up - is get inside a person's head.

You talk about how the series explores his motivation for killing, so it's appropriate not to re-hash stuff the series tells you here, but what I did like was that moment when he turned to see Lumen, because before that moment, he wasn't sure if he'd been found by Deb or if a cop had finally cottoned on to what he does.

There are worse moments to be able to do successfully than all the real or imagined possibilities flashing before your eyes in an instant when something seems to have gone south.
Virginia I chapter 6 . 8/14/2011
Pretty cute.

Last chapter you call Deb, Rita.
deathbybitching chapter 6 . 6/2/2011
I agree you could have gone on forever with this, but I think your decision to "cut it short" was brilliant. It leaves the future up to the imagination of the reader. Loved reading this!
Zapphe chapter 6 . 4/3/2011
This is good, I enjoyed it. It would be good if you do do a sequel :)
ReadingRed chapter 6 . 2/19/2011
I would love to read more about Dexter and Lumen together. I really hope you write a sequel to this one, it would be great.
ReadingRed chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Love the dream sequence and Dexter's emotions/thoughts. I love where this story is going.
blackDIAMONDdrop chapter 6 . 1/29/2011
At the very least, I really want to see an epilogue set like fifteen years into the future where they go out on a kill together...cause it just makes me go sqee! (And how morbid is that?)

You did a wonderful job capturing Dexter's character, very true to the way he's presented in the show. Minor thing I caught: last chapter at the very end, it should be Debra and Quinn on double dates, not Rita and Quinn.

(Do a sequel!)